Nine Inch Nails

Music in all its forms and styles
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

fortysixand2 said
Can't decide if I wanna see the NIN at Lolla or wait for a non-festival arena show. Or both.

Did you get Lolla tickets?  I was on their damn site the minute single day passes went on sale- and got fucked.  All 3 days sold out within 30 minutes.  I still plan on going, and catching a few arena shows, but waiting to find properly priced tickets for Lolla.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Shit you're right.

My bad, honest mistake.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said
Shit you're right.

My bad, honest mistake.

What's a dishonest mistake?

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Good news everyone!  Danny Carey will play bass, hereby delaying the new Tool album another 5 years.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
Good news everyone!  Danny Carey will play bass, hereby delaying the new Tool album another 5 years.

That's a fair trade in my opinion.

Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineEier said

Ravenpig said
Shit you're right.

My bad, honest mistake.

What's a dishonest mistake?

When you know full-well that the cirucmstances leading up to the mistake will result in just that.

An honest mistake is one where you are unaware of the various factors and circumstances.

So, in terms of accidents: Spilling someone's beer at a pub, while a bit clumsy, is an honest mistake - in that you're probably drunk and have no idea what's going on.

Leaving your baby in the car on a hot summer day so you can go gambling for a few hours would be a dishonest mistake.

Glad we could clear this up.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Krazy said

fortysixand2 said
Can't decide if I wanna see the NIN at Lolla or wait for a non-festival arena show. Or both.

Did you get Lolla tickets?  I was on their damn site the minute single day passes went on sale- and got fucked.  All 3 days sold out within 30 minutes.  I still plan on going, and catching a few arena shows, but waiting to find properly priced tickets for Lolla.

I managed to get 2 for Sunday but no luck with Friday. I'm waiting for prices to drop also.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

That sneaky sunuvabitch...

New NIN album completed:

http://pitchfork.com/news/49730-nine-in ... a-records/

"Trent Reznor's revived incarnation of Nine Inch Nails have signed to Columbia Records and will release a new album later this year.

Reznor's other project, How to Destroy Angels, is also signed to Columbia.

In a press release, Reznor said, "I've been less than honest about what I've really been up to lately. For the last year I've been secretly working non-stop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly fucking great. This is the real impetus and motivation behind the decision to assemble a new band and tour again. My forays into film, HTDA and other projects really stimulated me creatively and I decided to focus that energy on taking Nine Inch Nails to a new place. Here we go!”

Pretty fucking interesting.  I gotta say it was a cool change of pace for him to do this, rather than updating the fan base constantly and at times not delivering the news when he said it would (shit happens, I get it).  Makes me more excited about the tour now... and has the backing of a label to pay for some of the show where recent years it had to come out his own pocket.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Goddamit this is fucking awesome!
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

That sneaky bastard..

This is great fucking news!
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yaaaaaaaaaay
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

I'm completely in a daze right now... I can't believe he's been secretly working on a new album.... What the fuck? Seriously Trent? Amazeballs... it's the only word I can think of right now that isn't really even a word...
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

A cause for mild interest. He hasn't done anything even remotely good since "WITH TEETH".

Luckily for him, his output before that album was nothing short of spectacular, so he'll always be able to command a certain level of respect.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm super stoked about this too. Trent is one sneaky mofo. Between this and Volto! it feels good to look forward to some new stuff.

As for the Tool comparison, its not a good or fair one. NIN is basically a dictatorship while Tool is a complete democracy.

Not even close to being the same.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Mr. F said
I'm super stoked about this too. Trent is one sneaky mofo. Between this and Volto! it feels good to look forward to some new stuff.

As for the Tool comparison, its not a good or fair one. NIN is basically a dictatorship while Tool is a complete democracy.

Yeah according to the release this was really just him and two other people.

Don't mow your lawn
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Mr. F said

I believe the dictatorship part has changed as he and Atticus are quite inseperable now. Atticus' presence towards the end of NIN definitely impacted the sound... but in a good way. However, I do agree with you that it's not a fair comparison. Trent and Atticus are a left and a right and have been continuously working together for years now. Whereas... TOOL just get together to jam a few shows and then scatter again.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea Atticus and Moulder are as close to "permanent" members as one can be if you aren't Trent.

But let's not kid ourselves, if Trent says its going to be a certain way its going to be a certain way.
Hey! Denty!
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Mr. F said
Yea Atticus and Moulder are as close to "permanent" members as one can be if you aren't Trent.

But let's not kid ourselves, if Trent says its going to be a certain way its going to be a certain way.

If it's not a 10 it's not released but Atticus doesn't put out less than 10 work and sometimes is left to his own devices when Trent gets frustrated and takes breaks. Atticus has more weight behind him than most would think. Can't wait to hear what they've done. This is unforseen and quite a treat considering I've been anticipating so few albums in recent years.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Here's what seems to be some bad news, or at least Trent was really trolling us- no Adrian Belew for the tour:

http://pitchfork.com/news/49730-nine-in ... a-records/

The revived band is heading out on tour starting this summer. As reported, the touring NIN lineup will include Reznor, Adrian Belew of King Crimson, and Josh Eustis of Telefon Tel Aviv, as well as previous NIN collaborators Robin Finck, Alessandro Cortini, and Ilan Rubin. UPDATE: Belew is not part of the touring band. He just contributed to the album.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It doesn't really surprise me if Belew isn't touring, though it is a little disappointing.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Dang.  At least he contributed to the new album. 
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

New song to be released on Thursday!

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/06/04/nin ... -thursday/

Of note, it still lists Adrian Belew as a tour member.  Did Trent ever confirm the rumor that he wasn't in the touring band after all?
Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Ravenpig said
New song to be released on Thursday!

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/06/04/nin ... -thursday/

Of note, it still lists Adrian Belew as a tour member.  Did Trent ever confirm the rumor that he wasn't in the touring band after all?

Nothing has been confirmed about Adrian from the NIN camp.

I'm hoping with this single Trent can shed light on what's going on with that, and release the tour dates.