Nine Inch Nails

Music in all its forms and styles
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Not sure how you got that information, but spoiling the entire theme of the new live show is not cool when no one's even had the chance to see it yet!

Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Haha I remember that shit!!! Some NIN fan drew that up and posted it on one of the nin sites (either nin.com or ETS, maybe both).  That was on the nin.com home page for a couple days back in the '09 tour days, after the band signed a copy of it:

Generic triangle avatar lives on.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I honestly can't believe I'm going to say this, but NIN are playing the Jisan Valley Festival here in Korea in July.

They're on Sunday. MY BLOODY VALENTINE are on Saturday, with COHEED AND CAMBRIA. THE CURE (FUCK FUCK FUCK OMG FUCK) are playing on the Friday, which would be impossible for me to get to.

If it wasn't for the fact that I hate massive amounts of Koreans collected in one place; I've seen NIN before; it costs a lot of money; and there are literally no one else in the lineup that I'm even vaguely interested in - I'd go.

http://valleyrockfestival.mnet.interest ... /index.asp
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

>inb4 holy shit, did you guys read this write-up of NIN?!

In 1997, TIME magazine named this band Influential Pop Musician of the 21st Century.
Nine Inch Nails is an industrial rock project founded in 1988 by Trent Reznor who is called a genius musician as a singer-songwriter, composer and record producer. Nine Inch Nails` music straddles a wide range of genres. The album ‘Wish’ won the Grammy Award for Best Metal performance.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Hard to blame you. Fests suck usually anyway, although that does sound fun. Sounds like the Summer festival stage production might not be quite as balls out as the Fall tour as well.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Belew has been working with Trent for around 20 years now (on and off) in the studio including the upcoming album but has never been part of the live band.  They finally decided to give it a shot to try and tour together and it didn't work, not really a big deal.

As curious as I was to see him with NIN you gotta admit that it was a weird fit to begin with.  I mean, he's one of the guys from King Crimson trying to play with live NIN.  It doesn't exactly "gel". 
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Well NIN isn't and has never been a democracy and this isn't even close to the first time a member has left due to what we are guessing is Trent being too controlling.  Probably won't be the last either.

Did these dudes expect to have more power in NIN or something?  Do they not get the what NIN is?
Hey! Denty!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Eric Avery also has the reputation for being  moody so I was not surprised to see him leave.  I think it was more him than Trent.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

GOB Bluth said
shouldnt NIN just be called the Trent Reznor Project? i mean it is clear that he has no interest in anything but his opinion which is not a band.

It kind of isn't.  I'm starting to think you're not too familiar with NIN, are you?  Legit question, not trying to be a dick.  Think more like Puscifer or Prince rather than Tool.  Just like "Puscifer" = May Jay, "NIN" = Trent.

Basically, he works in the studio with a couple of other guys who have their own input, but when it comes down to it what he says goes.  He then hires musicians to form his live band.  That's why there's been so many people in live NIN.

So you're kind of right, to say NIN is a band is not completely correct.
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I understand that and it's fine, but that's not my point. 

All I'm saying is NIN isn't a traditional band and these two guys are not the first to ever leave live NIN for what we are guessing is Trent being too controlling.  For example, in the early days a rift with one of these former members (Richard Patrick) led to the creation of Filter.  Check this out:

Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I think "pushes them around like little bitches" is a bit harsh. But I get the appeal of wanting to see a true "band." NIN is awesome at what it does though. And he's upfront about it, so at this point it's hard to really hate on him for doing what he does. People grow to not like it, and leave, and I'm sure it's amicable for the most part.

Eric Avery flat out said it was all the touring he didn't want to do.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Festivals usually suck but they suck even more when they smell like seaweed
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah, but where did the clubs first hear it?
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

petemasterpete said
Fascinating.

Don't mow your lawn
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

$99 for a pre-sale ticket are you fucking kidding me?! Oh and a $12.75 service fee. I'm sure there will be cheaper seats during the public on-sale but fuck you Trent!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yeah that was quite a surprise this morning. Oh well. Hope it's worth it.
Chill316
Maynard Believer

Post by Chill316 »

I got my Vegas NIN tickets on the second pre sale and they were $71 a piece plus service fees. I don't think its Trent's fault. I tried the first pre sale for Vegas but that sold out within a min. and the tickets were still $71. I really think it depends on the venue for the price. Staples center show is closer to me but the Vegas show only holds 4000 people so I much rather make it a fun vacation and see them in a smaller venue. Really stoked for the show, my wife and I are just going the first night which is Friday. We shall see if I win any money gambling if we got to the second show. 
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I find the service charge strange, isn't one of the reasons he started this to avoid ticketmaster etc fees?
Hey! Denty!