Cog

Music in all its forms and styles
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Cog

Post by Busty McCracken »

liz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:46 am You know if you were keen enough there's bound to be someone selling outside. Does this mean if I came by a ticket you don't want it?

Careful how you respond, Busty is watching for the true measure of your affection for Cog.

Yeh Hboy!
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Sting always reminds me of Fergie of Black eyed peas fame. I went to see his solo show some years back and she was the support act. She stole the show singing from a range of genres. A phenomenal talent - just a pity she has never chosen material that particularly appeals to me.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah that pretty much sums her up well. Remember seeing black eyed peas in 2004 and thinking she had some mad skills but nothing she's really done since then has appealed
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:57 am Not like if it was Karnivool, ay mate? Must see for you.
Cog being a far superior act to Karnivool in every way, are a must see. The good news is they've toured regularly over the last couple of years, so I'm not really missing anything new this time around.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Well if we were nitpicking they are playing the drawn together tour which is a new song so technically...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:22 pm Well if we were nitpicking they are playing the drawn together tour which is a new song so technically...
Yeah but I think they played all those new songs last year, and they're not that good tbh
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

hellboy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:56 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:22 pm Well if we were nitpicking they are playing the drawn together tour which is a new song so technically...
Yeah but I think they played all those new songs last year, and they're not that good tbh
The Middle & Altered States got a run last year. Drawn Together came out just after this tour started (has been running since January) so ya would have seen 2 out of three of them. I dig all 3 of the new tunes but clearly am a fan boy so potato -potarto.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

The Cog show on Saturday was excellent as expected. Being a little vertically challenged I didn't manage to see much of Lucius plying his trade but by god he played an awesome set. The mix was great!

Shout out to the support bands as well. A local act called Fyre Byrde - who were a two piece with obvious modeling of White Stripes but still with a unique talent. I'm sure the young guy will contribute a lot more to Aussie music before he's done.

Really enjoyed Osaka Punch as well who I saw opening for Mammal a short while ago and didn't rate. This time they were on and although they are quite poppy they do some great heavy moments as well.

I suspect Clint has been his vocal coach
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah Osaka punch were great fun as a live band. Front man sure puts on a show.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

So when Metallica cancelled their tour , I of course naturally purchase flights to go see Cog instead in Byron and Brisbane, which is happening next weekend.

And i booked flights with Jetstar. If you've followed the news at all , I'm a chance of having my compensation Metallica show reward also fucking shattered as well. Man I will be pissed!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

In Cog we Trust
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Ha!

In Jetstar we do not
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

You'll be fine, they'll put you on Qantas instead. A proper airline.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

You're very cute if u think that's how it works
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Just take the bus.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Why the helldidn't I think of that!

Cairns to Byron in 12 hours. Sounds legit
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I've done it twice years ago from Melbourne to my parents and back, same time frame.

The people you meet make it worth it.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

U think it's possible to get from cairns to Byron via conventional vehicle in 12 hours ?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I was just going off your sounds legit post.

If you say it sounds legit but it's not, then I have no idea about anything anymore.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

It was one of those facetious comments I enjoy throwing out now and then.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Wasting time posting on here. Start driving brah
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I'll get my pogo stick out, usually quicker that way. Catch yaz
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

https://heavymag.com.au/the-wheels-keep ... g-for-cog/

Got to interview Luke Gower this week for Heavy Mag. Totally shitting myself in the first minute but settled after that. Bloody top bloke! He's one of my biggest inspirations and influences on bass so man that was an awesome experience to have.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Well, looks like Cog have sided with FrEeDoM:
All invited. Humans undivided.
As a band, Cog have always been about bringing people together, giving them hope, lifting their spirits up and making sure that everyone feels included and welcome. Our plan is to continue our journey along that same path. We speak as a collective group on the one hand but we are also three individuals with unique perspectives.
Whilst the chaos and madness of the last 2 years continues to mutate we have been patiently awaiting a change that would enable us to play in Brisbane. Sadly, and with intense frustration, the ongoing situation in Queensland still prevents us from performing at the rescheduled Tivoli show. We also risk the possibility of an arbitrary 14 day quarantine at our own expense which we simply can’t afford. We feel the most appropriate response is to cancel the show rather than postponing it again. The disappointment and anxiety are taking their toll on us. We’re extremely sorry to disappoint our friends and fans who purchased tickets for this and have already had to deal with the postponement of the event’s original date. Refunds will be made available for all ticket holders and again we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has or will cause. We also send our apologies to the numerous bands and crew involved and to the team at the Tivoli. We’re sorry we can’t make it happen. We have a long history with the Tivoli and will do whatever we can to organise something in the future to make it up to you all.
We believe people’s medical choices are their own responsibility and their own private business. Whatever they decide themselves should play no part in their ability to participate in cultural and entertainment events they wish to attend. People shouldn’t need a passport to watch a band play. Or to travel within their own country.
Should any situation arise where we may be asked or expected to perform to an audience that was non-inclusive, we would not be willing to participate. We will not perform anywhere that denies or prevents the attendance of a group of people within the music loving community. We interpret and recognise the active participation in “vaccinated only” events as tacit support for the division, the segregation and the ongoing erosion of our relationships, our liberties, and our way of life. For us to take part would run contrary to the core meaning in our music and we simply cannot pretend that it wouldn’t. Why would we perform at a show that we couldn’t attend ourselves? We hope you all understand where we’re coming from and can respect our choices and decisions.
Sincerely Lucius, Flynn and Luke.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I can respect their decision to be idiots.
Canned audience laughter