Intronaut

Music in all its forms and styles
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: Intronaut

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

ziggy23 wrote:
Good shit.

Intronaut > Tool
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Post by wisevitamin »

Full Intronaut setlist from Rome, Italy 12.15.2013. :

Intronaut headlining setlist Rome, Italy

Drums and bass sound fantastic.

Edit: Oh fuck yeah dude, this is a good one.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

MOG wrote:
ziggy23 wrote:
Good shit.

Intronaut > Tool
these guys are so good. damn
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Post by wisevitamin »

Damn bro. Joe Lester's bass playing is so sick that hes only one letter away from being Moe Lester.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

So yeah, the Intronaut and Cloudkicker combination was nuts. As a big fan of both acts, it was immensely cool seeing Intronaut act as the "backing band" for Cloudkicker's music. As a good live act should, it really made me evaluate songs I already love, and "Dysphoria," We're Going in, We're Going Down," and "You Could Laugh Forever But Never End Up Happy" had my fucking jaw on the floor. Ben Sharp is an incredibly nice guy as well. Can't imagine how much fun he's having.

And then you know, Intronaut was the tits as always. Those guys really do get better each time I see them. Also finally got to see The Way Down live which was a real treat. Always fun hanging with those guys; they're too nice.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote:So yeah, the Intronaut and Cloudkicker combination was nuts. As a big fan of both acts, it was immensely cool seeing Intronaut act as the "backing band" for Cloudkicker's music. As a good live act should, it really made me evaluate songs I already love, and "Dysphoria," We're Going in, We're Going Down," and "You Could Laugh Forever But Never End Up Happy" had my fucking jaw on the floor. Ben Sharp is an incredibly nice guy as well. Can't imagine how much fun he's having.

And then you know, Intronaut was the tits as always. Those guys really do get better each time I see them. Also finally got to see The Way Down live which was a real treat. Always fun hanging with those guys; they're too nice.
Shame I am going to miss them this time around, but they are not going to be in the area. Sure as hell not driving to Philly on a Tuesday. I despise TesseracT and am not a fan of Cloudkicker but I would still go to see Intronaut regardless. Hopefully they hit DC or Balt later in the year.
The most intelligent person on this forum
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I would be shocked if the Cloudkicker stuff didn't do it for you live. It's amazing. It's actually a really cool tour, with Cloudkicker and Intronaut both playing almost headliner length sets. I can't really dig TesseracT either. From what Joe told me, this was originally booked and intended as an Intronaut/Cloudkicker headlining tour. Then some hilarious crackhead interrupted the smoke session and the topic didn't come back up, so I don't know what the rest of the story is. But the point is, that still reflects in the sets. Cloudkicker was 35-40 minutes in and then said, "OK we have three more," so they play close to an hour all told.

So if you're on the fence, it's totally worth going.

I really hope Intronaut continues to grow and hits another level of draw/support because if anyone deserves it, it's those guys.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Also, the nature of tour offers will always change things (just look at the band we all come here for...), but I'm pretty sure they're done and back to writing after this round of touring.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote: I really hope Intronaut continues to grow and hits another level of draw/support because if anyone deserves it, it's those guys.
Word. Seriously nice dudes all of them. Had good conversations Joe and Danny when I saw them the second time last year. Had brief conversations with Sacha and Dave. At that time Danny mentioned Sacha and Dave had already started writing new shit. Can't wait to hear the next Intronaut album.
The most intelligent person on this forum
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

This video has most of the Cloudkicker set, but I marked it at the specific song (You and Yours) that just made me lose it. Once they lay into the groove/end portion... my god.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Intronaut is fully into writing their next album. Wheeeeee.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

If that doesn't bring Mog back, what will?!
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

joeypants wrote:Intronaut is fully into writing their next album. Wheeeeee.
source please?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

In the spirit of Mog...

Source: They're not Tool
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:In the spirit of Mog...

Source: They're not Tool
You did him proud.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
joeypants wrote:Intronaut is fully into writing their next album. Wheeeeee.
source please?
Their (well, Danny's) facebook.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I miss Mogula.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:I miss Mogula.
He has his place here.

I know most people here can't stand him/are bored of him, but admit it: He has his place.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hi Boss. how are you sir? I thought about you last weekend when I was trying out new snacks for the neighborhood vegan rodents. apparently squirrels LOVE strawberries. they go fucking nuts for them lol. (yeah, nuts)
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:hi Boss. how are you sir? I thought about you last weekend when I was trying out new snacks for the neighborhood vegan rodents. apparently squirrels LOVE strawberries. they go fucking nuts for them lol. (yeah, nuts)
NICE PUN.

Wait, that wasn't a pun. It was just clever.

Very well, thank you, sir. Consuming two bottles of Shiraz this evening, watching Chevy Chase movies, then bed to wake up to a fucking soul-sucking eight hour fucking ordeal tomorrow: A wedding.

I get fucking 32 hours free each week after work. Why must I have to subject myself to this kind of shit? Ugh, I do it happily, because it makes my girl happy, but I really don't want to fucking go.

Every time I see you post, I remind myself to check on the update of the new TODAY IS THE DAY album. Hardcore in your name, hardcore kind of sound for TITD - that's how my brain works. It's not an exact science.

So, off I go!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

blasting (on my headphones because it's 4:18am and the princess is sleeping lol) Today is the Day - "In The Eyes Of God", the title track. this is bangin!!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:blasting (on my headphones because it's 4:18am and the princess is sleeping lol) Today is the Day - "In The Eyes Of God", the title track. this is bangin!!
That first track was actually the one that started it all for me. I kept replaying it in my head for weeks after.

It's extremely unnerving.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:hi Boss. how are you sir? I thought about you last weekend when I was trying out new snacks for the neighborhood vegan rodents. apparently squirrels LOVE strawberries. they go fucking nuts for them lol. (yeah, nuts)
last time I was in Central Park, the local fluffy tailed fauna were definitely partial to chicken fingers and fries
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining