Intronaut

Music in all its forms and styles
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Post by wisevitamin »

I really like the song killing birds with stones. The instrumentals are awesome, and the vocals are great imo. I like the way the first verse is sung, its kinda reminiscent of Isis. And Isis was definitely one of the best prog-metal bands ever.

You can tell that Intronaut vocals are influenced by Isis, but it does not seem like they are simply copying the vocal style. More like improvising on it, on this new album. 
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

For my 800th post, some footage of the song "Core Relations" from Intronaut that they posted on their Facebook page.  They are currently headlining in Europe.  Looking forward to the tour this summer with Scale the Summit and Mouth of the Architect.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Mogshuggah said
For my 800th post, some footage of the song "Core Relations" from Intronaut that they posted on their Facebook page.  They are currently headlining in Europe.  Looking forward to the tour this summer with Scale the Summit and Mouth of the Architect.

sweet baby Jesus!! these guys rule!!

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
bomtwo
Maynard Believer

Post by bomtwo »

I'm glad to see people enjoying Habitual Levitations as much as I am.  I haven't been able to turn it off in weeks.  It's incredible from front to back, but my favorites are "The Welding" and "Sore Sight for Eyes".  But yeah, great album all around.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Post by wisevitamin »

That is just amazing.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Last night's concert was absolutely fantastic.  Mouth of the Architect was AMAZING.  Fucking loud and beautiful and exceptionally well done.  They played three new songs from their new album Dawning and ended their set with the song Hate and Heartache which is on the Quietly album.

Scale the Summit was also excellent.  Super high caliber musicians.  I enjoyed MOTA and Intronaut far more but that isn't a knock on Scale the Summit at all, rather just a matter of taste.

Intronaut were simply perfect.  Their music is made for that kind of smaller venue and they were fucking incredibly tight.  They were absolutely in perfect unison with each other and you can tell just how much they love making music together and playing live.  I got to chat with all four band members and they are all quality dudes.  I also got to chat with two of the guys from MOTA and they are awesome dudes as well. 

Such a refreshing experience getting to interact with the musicians like that on a sort of normal level without any of the pretense and bullshit.  Amazing show and I am so thankful that I got to see it.  I can't say enough about the bands and how much I appreciate what they do and the passion they have for music.

I also can't say enough good things about the venue and the crowd.  So many cool people who are all passionate about music.  Everywhere I looked people were wearing t-shirts of bands that I love.  Neurosis, Russian Circles, King Crimson, Meshuggah, Opeth, Weedeater, Red Fang, Sleep, etc etc etc.  Everyone was really into the music and it was a fantastic experience.  No lame ass mosh pits just a bunch of chill people who love good music.  I was glad to see the venue was packed.  This is Intronaut's first full headlining tour and it seems to be going very well and Danny (the drummer) said he expects that they will do another headlining tour later in the year.

If you were on the fence about seeing one of the shows on this tour I promise it is worth it.  Over 3 hours of exceptional music for 15 bucks.  Also, if you have the cash, definitely give the merch stands a visit as that is really where they make their money with the ticket prices being so low.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Nice. Seeing them Monday inAtlanta. 
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Post by wisevitamin »

Really wish somebody would record a good quality FLAC of one of these intronaut shows, and upload it on Dime. I would seed that fer days.

Also, a decent audio quality video of a show of theirs last week:

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Thanks for the vids and reviews folks.  Looking forward to the SF show in July, and dragging a buddy with me.

It will be great to see Intronaut in a small venue.  Dug them opening for Tool last January.
Ki77aan :twisted:
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

woul have liked to have been able to see this tour but I'm a couple months late to the states... small ass place they played in rochester would have been mint
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

petemasterpete said
woul have liked to have been able to see this tour but I'm a couple months late to the states... small ass place they played in rochester would have been mint

Shit I was going to go too, but I thought they were playing in July. Fuuuuuuucccccckkkkk

Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Tonight was awesome. 
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

This band is becoming one of my top 20s.

What?
SteveBobSteve
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants said
Tonight was awesome. 

Did they invite you up on stage during Lateralus? 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

EXCELLENT show last night in SF.  Really enjoyed both STS and Intronaut, with a slight advantage to Intronaut overall.  Loved every minute and wish they could have gone past the midnight cutoff.  I think that's why STS had such a short set (<Hr)?  

Caught the tail end of the opener, and not disappointed to have missed most of it.

Had a little interaction with Danny Walker during the Scale The Summit set (he was buying them shots to take on stage and we made small talk.  Didn't even realize it was him until I saw him come out with Intronaut.  He slapped me on the back and said "nice shirt".)  He really is a badass.  They were all killer, very impressed to focus on Joe and Danny up close.  Superior rhythm section.

Will go see both of these bands again.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan said
EXCELLENT show last night in SF.  Really enjoyed both STS and Intronaut, with a slight advantage to Intronaut overall.  Loved every minute and wish they could have gone past the midnight cutoff.  I think that's why STS had such a short set (<Hr)?  

Caught the tail end of the opener, and not disappointed to have missed most of it.

Had a little interaction with Danny Walker during the Scale The Summit set (he was buying them shots to take on stage and we made small talk.  Didn't even realize it was him until I saw him come out with Intronaut.  He slapped me on the back and said "nice shirt".)  He really is a badass.  They were all killer, very impressed to focus on Joe and Danny up close.  Superior rhythm section.

Will go see both of these bands again.

What were you wearing?

Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ I told you UKE, only on the phone, not in public!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

This... ISN'T... the phone?
Don't mow your lawn
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Re: Intronaut

Post by wisevitamin »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

So this is what an Intronaut soundboard sounds like..

JFC
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ That was killer. Excellent sound from an excellent band.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

wisevitamin wrote:[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

So this is what an Intronaut soundboard sounds like..

JFC
holy fuck that was good. thanks for posting.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

They really are incredible live. One of the best bands around in any genre. Habitual Levitations is one of the the best albums released this year. So glad I got to see them live twice this year and hope to see them again whenever they next come around.
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Post by wisevitamin »

yeah I saw them live a few days ago with tesseract and cult of luna at irving plaza (Left the concert before katatonia played lol).

Intronaut is next fucking level.

I'll link the full soundboard audio of that setlist, once that guy finally uploads it.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Katatonia are at least 1000 times better than Tesseract, so not sure why you left early tbh.