Intronaut

Music in all its forms and styles
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said
^ Thanks for getting behind the new album HB.  Are you going to put something up about the release?  A week away.  Also, would be happy to do a proper review for you if you don't feel like fucking with it after it comes out.  The Intronaut fellas are quality peeps.  Hope with this release, they reach that next level in terms of exposure.  Get to a point where they can headline the kind of tour they just opened up for.  They are way too good to just be an opening act.

I probably will put something up about the album.  That stream actually doesn't work properly for me beyond the first track, so mileage may vary for others

Truth be told the album isn't doing much for me so far.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said
^ Thanks for getting behind the new album HB.  Are you going to put something up about the release?  A week away.  Also, would be happy to do a proper review for you if you don't feel like fucking with it after it comes out.  The Intronaut fellas are quality peeps.  Hope with this release, they reach that next level in terms of exposure.  Get to a point where they can headline the kind of tour they just opened up for.  They are way too good to just be an opening act.

I probably will put something up about the album.  That stream actually doesn't work properly for me beyond the first track, so mileage may vary for others

I kinda figured it wouldn't be your cup of tea.  A bit more progressive than their previous releases.  Much more of a Jazzy vibe.  So far early reviews I have read most peeps are raving about how good it is.  I love the four songs I have heard.  Kind of a natural progression from Valley of Smoke.  I just appreciate you thinking about at least giving the album a mention on the front page.  Lot's of lurkers im sure that never actually join the forum.

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said

lol
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said

It works better at the Dutch site here:

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/luisterpaal/play ... 96739.html

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I obviously won't be passing final judgement until I hear the whole thing, but the 3 tracks I've heard so far don't leave much of an impression on me.
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Post by wisevitamin »

Habitual levitations is an amazing album.

Intronaut is an amazing band.

I can't stop listening.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy1975 said
I obviously won't be passing final judgement until I hear the whole thing, but the 3 tracks I've heard so far don't leave much of an impression on me.

not core enough for your liking?
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

wisevitamin said
Habitual levitations is an amazing album.

Intronaut is an amazing band.

I can't stop listening.

Hell fuckin yeah.  One of my favorite bands.  Easily in my top 10.  I am still kicking myself for waiting as long as I did to really dig into their material.  Heard them once many moons ago and was just one of those moments where I wasn't paying enough attention.  Kittaan showed me the error of my ways.  I have bought everything they have released save for the live album.  Not really big on live albums, but I imagine I will get it eventually just to complete the collection.  Only six days away from the release of Habitual Levitations (Installing Words with Tones)

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

New Intronaut tomorrow bitches.  Hell fucking yes.  I am so excited I am rockin a half chub as I type.  The album is getting fantastic buzz and crazy good reviews.  I am super stoked for these guys and hope that they exceed all expectations for sales.  Go buy shit from http://intronautofficial.com/merchandise/

Go buy the album the album -

Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words with Tones)

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

New album is pretty, pretty, pretty... pretty good. I didn't realize they'd played so many of these here. Obviously we got more songs that night as they were headlining. The Way Down is SO good live. 
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
New album is pretty, pretty, pretty... pretty good. I didn't realize they'd played so many of these here. Obviously we got more songs that night as they were headlining. The Way Down is SO good live. 

Just downloaded the copy I purchased from Dropcards.  Great idea they had bundling that with a tshirt.  The card and the shirt was only 25 bucks.  I almost feel like I should buy an extra copy.  I would have paid 25 bucks for just the shirt!  Was stoked to see Dropcards had it up EST.  Getting ready to have an eargasm.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Download from Dropbox?  Legally?  Tell me more...
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said
Download from Dropbox?  Legally?  Tell me more...

Shit sorry, it is from Dropcards.  Probably why you were confused.

Yeah Intronaut was selling the album at the concert.  You could buy a download card by itself for 10 bucks which gave you instant access to Milk Leg and of course the full album when it came out or you could buy the card along with a tshirt for 25 bucks total.  I bought the card and tshirt.  You retrieved your digital purchase from DropCards.

First listen - This album is fucking phenomenal.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

mogeffingmog said
New Intronaut tomorrow bitches.  Hell fucking yes.  I am so excited I am rockin a half chub as I type.  The album is getting fantastic buzz and crazy good reviews.  I am super stoked for these guys and hope that they exceed all expectations for sales.  Go buy shit from http://intronautofficial.com/merchandise/

Go buy the album the album -

Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words with Tones)

sorry mate... can't afford it... my weekly music budget's been blown on the latest timberlake release
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

After my third listen I am blown away by this album.  It is Intronaut's most complete work to date.  I wouldn't necessarily say it is their best, as the musical avenue they took this time around is certainly different than prior works.  A bit lighter, more progressive certainly, but the progression from Valley to Levitations feels very natural imo.  The album is very balanced.  The Drums always stand out as Danny Walker is an incredible drummer, but this time around all four musicians shine equally.  There is definitely more of a jazz influence on this album.  It is not quite as dense as Valley for example.  The music feels very clean, very open, which leaves each member room to experiment.

Habitual Levitations delivers on every level.  At this point in the band's career this simply feels like the right album.  It showcases how incredibly talented each band member is.  The production is superb.  The album just sounds fucking fantastic.  As I mentioned above, compelling arguments could be made both for, and against, Habitual Levitations being their best album.  It is equally as good as anything they have ever released, but the lighter vibe and cleaner vocals might be a detractor for some.  Personally, I am not going to waste time trying to figure out where this album stands compared to the rest.  I would rather just listen to the album again, and that I think, speaks for itself.

10/10
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It's incredibly good and I love the progression they're taking. I kind of feel the same about this as I do 10K Days, in that there are songs on here that are so advanced for them and are definitely up there for the best things they've written, but I sort of like Valley of Smoke better as a whole album. That's not to slight this one, as it's very impressive.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
It's incredibly good and I love the progression they're taking. I kind of feel the same about this as I do 10K Days, in that there are songs on here that are so advanced for them and are definitely up there for the best things they've written, but I sort of like Valley of Smoke better as a whole album. That's not to slight this one, as it's very impressive.

Dude that is so cool I was thinking sort of the same thing.

Null is like Opiate

Void is like Undertow

Prehistoricisms is like Aenima

Valley of Smoke is like Lateralus

Habitual Levitations is like 10,000 Days

This is exactly what came to mind after my first listen.  Levitations IS Intronaut's 10,000 Days, and as such, is probably going to receive a varied response from the Intronaut fan community.  The only difference is that almost every review I have read so far leading up to Levitations release has been glowing.  10,000 Days was more of a mixture.  A number of fantastic reviews and some others that were not particularly kind to the album.  That is the chance every band takes I think when they take a significantly different musical approach on a new release.

Habitual Levitations works for me.  But I can see where someone who might think Void is their best album might have some issue with the new album.  Although in my experience so far, the Intronaut community is obviously significantly smaller and largely more supportive as a whole.  That tends to happen when you are consistently releasing new material.  They had that delay between Void and Prehistoricisms, but they have released three full length albums over the last 5 years.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

similar to Joey, overall as an album I like Valley a bit more.  That said, not being a massive fan of the band and only 2 and a half or so spins through Levitations, their only shortfall for me is the vocals.  Not horrible, but not great either which I've said about all of their releases.

Solid record: 8/10
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I dig the new vocal approach a LOT. Hope they continue down that road.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I've heard the new album a few times now so I think I'm ready for my review.

I really like that they took a new approach.  To me the worst kind of band is the one that never tries new things.  It's safe to say these guys won't be like that.  They're reaching out, expanding.  Only good can come from that.

The vocals sound excellent and I didn't mind at all how they were on previous albums.

Having said that the new album just doesn't do it for me like Valley of Smoke and especially Prehistoricisms (A song about Australopithecus!).  To be brutally honest there were a couple of moments when I thought, "Man, they're trying here, REALLY trying.  But it's kinda boring."  And that's the flaw with it for me.  It bored me a couple of times.

My favorite song on it is The Welding.  Damn good jam.

Still though, very good album.  I'll give it a 7.5/10

I think these guys should wear shades though, cause their future is bright.

Hey! Denty!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

INTRONAUT – Interview with Sascha Dunable

http://planetmosh.com/intronaut-intervi ... a-dunable/

Some off the cuff dub/reggae jammin to get the energy flowing for their EMG TV debut

Sacha and Dave talk a bit about their live guitar rigs.

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Tried listening to these guys; I'm sorry, I hate that type of vocal style. The music is very interesting though- the vocals just tur me off though.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Then you may not want to visit this thread any more.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It took me a while to get accustomed to it. When I first saw them in 09 I really wasn't crazy about the vocals but they've grown on me.