Soundwave Festival

Music in all its forms and styles
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Soundwave Festival

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:Biggest question for me is the line up. Let's go with Faith No More as one headliner, and Disturbed as the other (sadly, this is a legitimate rumour). One I'd clearly like to attend, the other I have no intention of going within 5km of. Before committing to either one or both days, I'd need to know which one FNM were headlining.

Last year the program came out only a week or two before the event. This can't happen for the next Soundwave if they expect a 2-day format to work.

All things said and done though, my calendar is clear for that weekend, and I'm excited by the prospect of a decent lineup with less stages, less clashes and longer sets.
Is that common practice? That's fucking disgusting.

There was a festival in Korea a couple of years ago. Before tickets even went on sale, they had the line ups. It was a three day festival.

I was in Oz at the time, but apparently everyone I knew who went, dug it. No one went the entire three days, but they loved being able to pick and choose.

My partner missed MARTINE TOPLEY-BIRD, which I BEGGED her to go see. I was pissed once she told me that. :(
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:
Is that common practice? That's fucking disgusting.
It's not thankfully, normally they're out a few months before. Though to be honest in the context of a one day festival I don't see it as a huge deal.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Well, sounds like we won't know in advance. The will announce the whole lineup at once, and sell 2-day passes from the start. Eventually the program will be announced and 1-day tickets sold. Not sure I really like that idea, but will reserve judgement for now.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Yeah, no, I meant for a multi-day festival. Obviously for a one day festival, no one gives a damn what time exactly the acts go on.

For a two or more day festival, I'd expect a clear indication.

To be completely honest, I really hope I have this issue this summer. I haven't been in this position for so long, I'm really, really excited. :D
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

AJ said there were no headliners for BDO, announces a 2 day festival with 4 for soundwave.

He really did kill it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

But the consumer isn't going to be found wanting, right?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:AJ said there were no headliners for BDO, announces a 2 day festival with 4 for soundwave.

He really did kill it.
Maybe, doesn't make much sense that he's still involved with the BDO if that's the case.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:AJ said there were no headliners for BDO, announces a 2 day festival with 4 for soundwave.

He really did kill it.
Maybe, doesn't make much sense that he's still involved with the BDO if that's the case.
He sold his stock in bdo a couple weeks ago to the lolla folks while pretending he didn' t for a short time ... Could have been legal reasons or he could have been playing the game ... Which by the way, were a large portion of West's chunk of ownership since Kenny sold out before last year had officially hit the skids not long after AJ bought in

Not sure on the SW ticket sale dates but AJ 'says' he wants the line- up out Septemberish
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

so ... according to this link, the two days will alternate in cities , being that the saturday line-up in Melbourne, will play Adelaide on Sunday and vice versa ...

Also, Fear Factory likely based on twats between them and AJ
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

Might go to the 2015 festival, the lineup seems pretty sick so far.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

TheBirdman wrote:Might go to the 2015 festival, the lineup seems pretty sick so far.
Note that we have a Soundwave 2015 thread: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=965