Transmute

Music in all its forms and styles
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Thanks. That was a very fun show, hopefully we get to put on another one there in the Fall. We're playing there again in August, but it's closing after two other touring electronic jam bands which means: complete clusterfuck setup wise.

Still working on new stuff at the moment.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

Kittaan said
Thoroughly enjoyed that, would go see you live for sure.  Keep it up Joey!

Ditto

Can't wait to hear some studio work from ya as well.

Congrats on the new purchase.UL-120 half stack I assume?.Be anxious to hear what ya think of it after a little break in time.I know it can be a challenge sometimes adapting to new gear.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yep, it's the UL-120 not the Masterbuilt one. I've only had the opportunity to monkey with it for about four hours so far, but I can say it is a fucking beast! Far and away the best amp I've owned, and I'm honestly thinking about just running the full stack with it rather than running two heads in stereo (although, stereo effects are too fun for me to give up, probably).

I'd read as much, but it's extremely unforgiving in the sense of it reveals everything about both the instrument and your playing. Even with really high gain and distortion, chords still come through very clear and are not muddied up and you get a lot of mileage out of volume knob adjustments (on the guitar/volume pedal). Can't say enough good things about it at the moment and I only imagine that will continue as I get more comfortable with it. Also it's a fairly complicated (to put it nicer, "feature laden") amp so it will take a while to get everything out of it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Jeez, I can't believe how long it's taking for the Transmute guys to get their shit together and release their studio album!  Lazy fuckers.  Who do they thing they are, Tool?

Well, at least they treat their fans better...
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Ha. Well we do drag ass. We've got one song mostly finished and another 5-6 frameworks or skeletons that need work. So yeah... haha.

Usually the summer months are when we write a lot more. Trying to get a little quicker at moving this thing along.

edit: I will say one excuse that we have that Tool doesn't is that some of us have full-time day jobs. Couple that with the "democratic" writing process and things take a while.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

THIS^...is a great newsletter.Brief and to the point,informative,with full disclosure of ass dragage.

Glad you are enjoyng the new amp and I hear what you're saying about the revealing nature of that beast.If you are ON,you will make it sing,if you are OFF,it's gonna hurt ya.

And yea,Stereo effects,I can't live without em personally.Stereo chorus especially.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Breaking Transmute news!!!

Aaron Harris to produce their debut album.  You heard it here first.

joeypants said 
I'm almost as interested to hear Aaron Harris' production as I am the band itself. The Sleep Lady album he did was the balls, and, well, I have a big interest in production. His specifically.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Ha, I never said that! It would be nice though.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Shhhhhhh!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

There was somebody here awhile ago who said that their album was being produced by Aaron Harris.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineEier said
There was somebody here awhile ago who said that their album was being produced by Aaron Harris.

I thought it was Matt Mitchell from Puscifer.  I'm pretty sure, actually.

Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said

UndKeineEier said

I thought it was Matt Mitchell from Puscifer.  I'm pretty sure, actually.

That was another guy. I'm pretty sure there was somebody who's album was being by Harris. This might've been awhile ago though, like before the Forum upgrades.

Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I remember someone (apologies for not remembering who) saying Matt Mitchell was mixing their record I think?
joeypants
Goderator

Re: Transmute

Post by joeypants »

Been a while since I've posted anything here. We closed out the night after Mothership last Sunday (very cool dudes by the way, and you should check them out live if you enjoy heavily tattooed southern-ish stoner metal), and as usual, people whipped out their phones. So here's some of our bullshit from that show. It's basically the second half of our set. 1/2 of an alternate version of one of our songs off the first EP ("Logos"), and two new ones ("Phil" and "doesn't have an official name yet"). It's rough, flubs abound, we suck, etc. etc.

Pt 1:

Pt 2:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Good shit man. How many tracks do you have written now in total?
The most intelligent person on this forum
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

M0G wrote:Good shit man. How many tracks do you have written now in total?
Don't answer him Joey!! It's a trap. You've seen how Moggie operates!!!

LMFAO!!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Heh
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

If you count the new Logos (which I think we'll try to record as well when it comes time), we have 5 new songs about 90% done. Still demoing and tweaking them. We have one cover song that I really like and want to keep playing and record, but a couple of the other guys aren't as enthusiastic about it at the moment. Then we have something like 8-9 other ideas that are kind of grouped together in terms of riffs/solid ideas, we just have to hammer them out as a group. But I know at least one of those is going to be pretty long so we definitely won't develop or record them all. Really hoping we'll be ready to head out and record sometime in the Fall.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Mate, I have been trawling through old threads, given the angst on current ones, and came across this and another with a link to an EP from your band... Listened to the 5 tracks, Super enjoyable... I dig it heaps. Cheers...
Be good to each other.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Thanks, PimPle!