Ghost

Music in all its forms and styles
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Anyone here a fan? I've really come to love them after seeing them open for Mastodon last year. The perfect blend of talent and ridiculous theatricality.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

I love Ghost! I actually just came dangerously close to pre-ordering the new album on vinyl. Personally I love the ridiculousness of the stage show; someone has to make rock shows fun again.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

They do it really well. If you've ever seen interviews with any of the members, it becomes very obvious they have a huge sense of humor about it.
InFlamesOfBirchmen

The guy next to me was convinced it was all legit, so he told me he was there to "worship satan." I think it crushed him when I showed him some interviews before they took the stage.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Haha, you should've let him keep believing!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I wanted to check them out at Soundwave, but they clashed with someone else I wanted to see (can't remember who).  Anyway, musically they do nothing for me, but was interested to see their live show.  Now I probably never will.
InFlamesOfBirchmen

joeypants said
Haha, you should've let him keep believing!

I thought about it for a while. Then I saw him him throw up a couple seig heils, so I decided to burst the bubble. Metal draws some weird crowds.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Didn't they have to change their name to something else due to patent issue?

Anyways...Ive been into them the past year or so; they're pretty awesome.
InFlamesOfBirchmen

^ They changed it to Ghost B.C., but I'm pretty sure it's only in the U.S. for some weird reason.

Edit: Limeygringo is right, they changed it because of a Japanese psych band.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

^ I could be wrong, but I figured it was because of the Japanese band Ghost.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I saw one last summer. I was campin out in BFE, Michigan and I saw this old man walking at the edge of the field. Thinking he was lost, I went to confront the old man. Lost sight of him behind some oak trees and when I got there, fucking gone. Me and the wife looked all over, not to be found. Unless the fucker had one of those invisibility cloaks or is a closet ninja with cat like speed, had to be some sort of supernatural being. I'm still skeptic, but how the fuck do you explain that shit?

Needless to say, she was scared shitless and we left before it got dark. I got cock blocked by a fucking ghost.

SteveBobSteve
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

^ Did your wife see him too?
Don't mow your lawn
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

UndKeineEier said
^ Did your wife see him too?

Yah. I was all, look at that old man out there. She was all, what in the fucking fuck is he doing out here by his lonesome? I was all, I don't know but we're going to find out.

Fucking wild man.

On topic, my friend is a pretty big fan. I dig. That is all.

SteveBobSteve
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

NYC tickets bought!

Hellboy, I probably would've never given them the chance if I didn't see them live.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

joeypants said
NYC tickets bought!

Hellboy, I probably would've never given them the chance if I didn't see them live.

That's why I'm a little bummed about missing them.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Well, they are European apparently so I guess there's more of a chance they'll be back your way. 
InFlamesOfBirchmen

If you're like me and can't wait the extra 7 days for the album to release, Pitchfork is streaming the album in full. I'm about 4 or 5 tracks into it right now, and I love it so far. It generally sounds like a more polished, grandiose version of Opus Eponymous. It feels like a logical extension to their other stuff, but I can see this album gaining them a lot more fans. I'll be curious to get some opinions:

http://pitchfork.com/advance/67-infestissumam/
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Not bad.  Better than the other stuff I've heard by them.
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You'll get my opinion when I get my goddamned disc and no sooner! Can't stand streaming albums for the first time.
InFlamesOfBirchmen

joeypants said
You'll get my opinion when I get my goddamned disc and no sooner! Can't stand streaming albums for the first time.

Meh. As a broke college student, I love streaming. I'll still pick up the disc, but I couldn't help listening to it. For what it's worth, you won't be disappointed.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Hmmm sound like a second rate Sabbath Assembly, these guys were close to being my album of the week pick

Perfect soundtrack for a satanic orgy

http://sabbathassembly.bandcamp.com/

Restored to One is a modern response to the musical activities of a cult known as The Process Church of the Final Judgment, who used music to spread their visions of Gnostic reconciliation in a time of cataclysmic change. Sabbath Assembly has re-charged the original hymns of The Process Church and worked them into moving renditions that unite the trinity of rock, psychedelic and gospel into one triumphant re-awakening.

Band Statement: “Sabbath Assembly’s Restored to One is dedicated to the quest set forth by the Church to conquer fear with love, rePROCESSing their hymns for the current generation.”
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Want the Scandinavian vinyl real real bad.

BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

I'm pretty surprised this thread exists... I've seen Ghost a couple of times but they were always an opener, no idea people had actually heard of them.

Loving Jigolo Har Megiddo off the new album.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

New album is so good. Can't wait to get my album copy in the mail so I can get a look at those arts. 
InFlamesOfBirchmen

Agreed. I didn't think it would meet my expectations, but it may be better than Opus. Ghule/Zombie Queen quickly grew on me, and may be my favorite song off the new album. It was crazy walking into a Best Buy yesterday and seeing two or three other people grab it from the 'New Release' pile. I figured they'd shove it to the back due to the inverted crosses and such, but it was right next to the latest pop albums. Guess Ghost has an audience after all!