Palms

Music in all its forms and styles
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

well this is the music they wanted to make, that's why ISIS split up. I can't hate on it when I'm looking at it as a completely different entity. as for YOB? I saw them open for Tool in Jersey and they sucked big donkey balls.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Mog of the Architect said
Don't compare this shit to Intronaut or Yob.  It's fucking pop music.  If you like this shit so be it but call it what it is.  This is easy listening pop music.  I can picture this shit playing in the background at some department store.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

NYHCster said
well this is the music they wanted to make, that's why ISIS split up. I can't hate on it when I'm looking at it as a completely different entity. as for YOB? I saw them open for Tool in Jersey and they sucked big donkey balls.

You have just awful taste in music.

Just awful.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

petemasterpete said

Tyson said
I wonder if your plebeian mind could ever wrap its self around Boards of Canada

not likely... probably just quickly toss it in the house/dubstep trash heap and bitch about it endlessly here and tell us how soccor moms everywhere are into it. 

^ Boards of Canada has gotta be one of the most overrated groups of all time.  Easy listening electronica.  If I want to listen to electronic music I tend to go with something a bit more challenging, like Mountains or Aphex Twin.

Cute how the aussie contingent works in concert.  Where should I ship your Palms brand box of tampons?

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

James said
I am very much enjoying it, but then, I don't listen to ISIS so maybe it's because I'm missing something. It has similar open, flowing riffs that I like about bands like Intronaut or Yob, but with less aggressive vocals, and I think that's the perfect combination.

You need to get on that Isis, son! Oceanic onwards is just heaven.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

NYHCster said

If you just don't like sludgy kind of stoner/doom stuff, then there's probably no convincing. Otherwise, keep giving them a chance. I'd recommend starting with Adrift In The Ocean and Atma (the song, though the album's great). Those are slightly more accessible to me, especially Adrift In The Ocean.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Has anyone else noticed how this sounds like Isis but with Chino singing?
Hey! Denty!
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Nedak said
I like it a lot, but the vocals are too similar to that of Koi No Yokan-- which is my least favorite Deftones album (next to SNW). I hope some tracks have older sounding Chino vocals or at least Diamond Eyes style. 

You like Diamond Eyes but not Koi No Yokan? I fail to see a major difference between the vocal styles.... Koi No Yokan is definitely competing for my favorite album from them but I'd say the two most similar albums are Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

It's bullshit bubble gum post pop.  DO NOT FUCKING COMPARE THIS SHIT TO ANYTHING ISIS HAS EVER DONE

If you sluts want to jerk each other off to this bullshit elevator music go for it but don't mention Isis in the process.

No fucking wonder it streamed on SPIN, the gaping vagina of music magazines.  And the fucking name?  Palms?  Sounds like a tampon brand or an adult diaper.

Wow... did I mention this sounds exactly like Isis? Even the vocals! so amazing how they basically recreated Isis with Chino. I even love the name of the band please say it with me... "Palms".

Best doom metal I've ever heard! YOB or even TOOL should open for Palms... would be the best tour ever! I'd buy tickets to every show no doubt.

Man, I swear I feel the same as you... if I had to listen to this in an elevator I'd go mad because it's just so off the hook insanity and again... exactly like Isis!

If I had to stick my head in SPIN's gaping vagina to foresee the future of all awesomeness I definitely would. Maybe I'll get a subscription tomorrow?

I'm seriously just thinking that Aaron, Jeff and Cliff couldn't have done any better without Chino's help. I'm sure Chino played the biggest part in the whole thing with his Gibson SG and his Orange Amplifier. Glad we all feel the same here...
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig said

I would tell you to Eat a dick, but since you are not a member of the Kangaroo Club I will cut you some slack.  I do think you are quite possibly high as a fucking kite if you think this shit sounds like Isis.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Zwerewolf said

It's bullshit bubble gum post pop.  DO NOT FUCKING COMPARE THIS SHIT TO ANYTHING ISIS HAS EVER DONE

If you sluts want to jerk each other off to this bullshit elevator music go for it but don't mention Isis in the process.

No fucking wonder it streamed on SPIN, the gaping vagina of music magazines.  And the fucking name?  Palms?  Sounds like a tampon brand or an adult diaper.

Wow... did I mention this sounds exactly like Isis? Even the vocals! so amazing how they basically recreated Isis with Chino. I even love the name of the band please say it with me... "Palms".

Best doom metal I've ever heard! YOB or even TOOL should open for Palms... would be the best tour ever! I'd buy tickets to every show no doubt.

Man, I swear I feel the same as you... if I had to listen to this in an elevator I'd go mad because it's just so off the hook insanity and again... exactly like Isis!

If I had to stick my head in SPIN's gaping vagina to foresee the future of all awesomeness I definitely would. Maybe I'll get a subscription tomorrow?

I'm seriously just thinking that Aaron, Jeff and Cliff couldn't have done any better without Chino's help. I'm sure Chino played the biggest part in the whole thing with his Gibson SG and his Orange Amplifier. Glad we all feel the same here...

Eat a dick

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

petemasterpete said

Tyson said

not likely... probably just quickly toss it in the house/dubstep trash heap and bitch about it endlessly here and tell us how soccor moms everywhere are into it. 

^ Boards of Canada has gotta be one of the most overrated groups of all time.  Easy listening electronica.  If I want to listen to electronic music I tend to go with something a bit more challenging, like Mountains or Aphex Twin.

Cute how the aussie contingent works in concert.  Where should I ship your Palms brand box of tampons?

You are just so full of insight and very factual. I think I'll resign my opinion and you can be my surrogate dick for the rest of my life. So pleased to have you in ever thread here it's really such a joy.

You say Palms brand tampons I hear complete gold! Ever thought of getting into advertising? We should start calling you Mog Draper. Oh how I enjoy your delightfully splendid pseudo-journalism.

More please sir!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Zwerewolf said

petemasterpete said

Tyson said

You are just so full of insight and very factual. I think I'll resign my opinion and you can be my surrogate dick for the rest of my life. So pleased to have you in ever thread here it's really such a joy.

You say Palms brand tampons I hear complete gold! Ever thought of getting into advertising? We should start calling you Mog Draper. Oh how I enjoy your delightfully splendid pseudo-journalism.

More please sir!

Choke on a dick

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Zwerewolf said

Eat a dick

Tee Hee!  Only if it's yours sir Mog Donkey Dong...

Remember, all good things come to an end and that means stupidity and hatred will never stop... Thanks for the proof.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ravenpig said

I would tell you to Eat a dick, but since you are not a member of the Kangaroo Club I will cut you some slack.  I do think you are quite possibly high as a fucking kite if you think this shit sounds like Isis.

What is this "Kangaroo Club"?  Do they have a website where I can sign up for their monthly newsletter?  Kangaroos are majestic, beautiful, and mysterious creatures.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Zwerewolf said while eating a dick
I'm joking of course.  Palms is indeed shitty post-pop monotony. 

^ That's better.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Ravenpig said

Ravenpig said

What is this "Kangaroo Club"?  Do they have a website where I can sign up for their monthly newsletter?  Kangaroos are majestic, beautiful, and mysterious creatures.

I heard that if you can get a group of people together you get a discount of like 10% which means you're basically not paying the additional cost of sales tax for the membership.

Upon enrollment it's my understanding that you receive a free "Deluxe" Kangaroo Club sticker, a fanny pack with the Kangaroo Club logo and some anti inflamatory pills to reduce the swelling of your balls and your head because let's face it... anyone that joins the Kangaroo Club has big balls and from that... they will get a big head too.

I say we get a list of people together here so we can get the discount. I want that neon pink fanny pack they have I think it's the best. Will go great with my black spandex shorts and my neon green, glittery double laced LA Gears.

Mog is such a great guy I bet he'll join! Or at least sponsor us...

"I like to think that oysters transcend national barriers..." -Some guy from some band called Pink Floyd or something like that...
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ The Kangaroo club.  Can you guess which one is Hellboy?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Okay back on topic.  Do you guys really like this shit?  I mean forget about Pete, Chino could shit on his face and he would lap it up, but the rest of you, particular those of you that call yourselves Isis fans?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Now I REALLY wanna sign up for that newsletter!
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Just a little reminder...

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Sounds like Palms but with a different singer
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig said
Sounds like Palms but with a different singer

Dude you are high.  I love ya like a third cousin but you are out of your mind.

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

^ The Kangaroo club.  Can you guess which one is Hellboy?

I would gladly be any one of their leotards... sign me up.

And yes in all honesty I do enjoy what I've heard from Palms so far. I haven't had a chance to check out the stream from SPIN yet but from the bit that I've heard it just doesn't sound bad to me. It's members from Isis so I assume alot of the same influence is in Palms and then the added element of course is Chino which doesn't strike me as a failure.

You should try to write music with people and see how often you strike something that appeals to everyone (which I'm sure would be your last thought because you'd wanna do what you wanna do regardless of who likes it). That's after you get over the fact that when you write music with someone else you're going to have an added opinion and influence. So finding the point of cohesion is your number 1 challenge and that takes work.

With a plethora of completely shitty repeat "musicianship" out there you for whatever reason chose to attack this band and I cannot figure out why. NO - It's not Isis and nobody is saying it is. I didn't even expect it to be Isis because it's a band called "Palms" with members of Isis and Chino... Sounds like you set yourself up for the disappointment there buddy. I'm sorry but shit happens. People like this music and there's nothing you can do or say to change that.

As always, thank you so much for the challenging hostility that you convey. Without people like you we'd never have anything to question or defend. If you can't question anything or defend your beliefs then I guess you could call yourself good as dead. Keep trudging.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You realize he's trolling you, right, Mog? Haha.

I love what I've heard from Palms so far (only two songs, holding out for the album) but I was kind of prepared for this sound. I still got Isis. And this is obviously no Isis.

I dug the second song they released WAY more than Tropics.