As I Lay Dying - Lead Singer Tim Lambesis - Arrested in Murder for Hire Sting

Music in all its forms and styles
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ I always find it amusing when you get into that shit.  You inevitably avoid directly addressing the question at hand to pontificate on your agenda.  I couldn't care less what genre you want to call them, or none at all.  However, they do tick all the boxes for what is commonly referred to as Emo.  There's even a reference to the "controversy" on their Wiki page. LOLz.  I was relieved to see they just broke up in March.

MCR brought nothing musically interesting or unique to the table.  Trite and played out in every category, and annoying as hell.  I wouldn't last 5 minutes at a concert.  

By the way, I typically still dress the same way I did in high school, jeans and a t-shirt.  I have no style and it doesn't make me insecure (how shallow you must be if you relate to that shit).  I listen to music that moves and interests me, regardless of genre or label.  If MCR had any of that, them being labeled "Emo" wouldn't affect my appreciation of their music in the least.  And of course, all conversations are based on "the opinions and preferences of the speaker."  What the fuck do you base your conversations on?

In short, get fucked as usual.  8`)
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said

Tyson said

Kittaan said
^ Incorrect.  MCR = EMO.  Horrendous "music" with no redeeming value.  Sheesh.

Once again you are coming from the corner of ignorance, what exactly is emo music because MCR are a rock band through and through.

EMO is a label, you want to call them "Rock" go for it, but they are still mediocre musicians at best.  The singer is over the top with affected, overly emotional delivery.  The lyrics are repetitive and trite.

Again, back up your claim of technical proficiency.  I have seen no evidence of it.

Reminds me of a singer I've been a fan of since I was fifteen . . .
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Tony Fuckin Danza said

The singer is over the top with affected, overly emotional delivery.  The lyrics are repetitive and trite.

It's nice to be able to quote you again.  

OK, I get where you're going.  What about the lyrics - MCR in comparison with Tool.  Heh.

And I appreciate that even though you and Tyson are buds that you didn't immediately try to gang bang me for disagreeing with him.  I still love Tyson, but we diverge greatly on musical taste.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said

Tony Fuckin Danza said

The singer is over the top with affected, overly emotional delivery.  The lyrics are repetitive and trite.

It's nice to be able to quote you again.  

OK, I get where you're going.  What about the lyrics - MCR in comparison with Tool.  Heh.

And I appreciate that even though you and Tyson are buds that you didn't immediately try to gang bang me for disagreeing with him.  I still love Tyson, but we diverge greatly on musical taste.

Oh, no, I'm totally with you on this one. Just thought I'd point out the vocal thing.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

It's one thing to not like something.

Another to objectively observe an artist to determine

Whether or not they do well at their chosen craft.

Nod to Tyson on this one.

Solomon could not adjudicate any wiser.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Yep, MJK & Gerard might as well be twin-brothers, I guess..
also, Avatar!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

bigboy55693 said
Don't know exactly how old this story is (seems that it happened earlier today).

Apparently Tim got served with divorce papers late last year.

He wasn't too happy about this so he contacted a hit man.

That hit-man flipped to the authorities?? who then set up the sting.

ABC News reports Tim is on tape asking for her murder in exchange for money

This story reminds me of Randy Blythe of Lamb of God from a few months ago.  Those charges were pretty bogus from the get go.  I had a pretty good feeling that he was going to beat the rap.

According to ABC news, this seems pretty "open and shut case Johnson"

Will this be the end of one of my favorite bands?  I know they are labeled as Christian, but I disagree with that.  Christ can't rock near as hard as these dudes do.

Even though, I'll go ahead and say that MURDER FOR HIRE IS NOT A VERY 'CHRISTIAN' THING TO DO mmmmmkay.

I'll file this under don't give a shit.  I don't think this is in any way similar to the Randy Blythe situation.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

badkittygothgirl said

bigboy55693 said
Don't know exactly how old this story is (seems that it happened earlier today).

Apparently Tim got served with divorce papers late last year.

He wasn't too happy about this so he contacted a hit man.

That hit-man flipped to the authorities?? who then set up the sting.

ABC News reports Tim is on tape asking for her murder in exchange for money

This story reminds me of Randy Blythe of Lamb of God from a few months ago.  Those charges were pretty bogus from the get go.  I had a pretty good feeling that he was going to beat the rap.

According to ABC news, this seems pretty "open and shut case Johnson"

Will this be the end of one of my favorite bands?  I know they are labeled as Christian, but I disagree with that.  Christ can't rock near as hard as these dudes do.

Even though, I'll go ahead and say that MURDER FOR HIRE IS NOT A VERY 'CHRISTIAN' THING TO DO mmmmmkay.

I'll file this under don't give a shit.  I don't think this is in any way similar to the Randy Blythe situation.

My "Don't Give A Shit" file is surprisingly small these days.

I really should not give a shit about a lot more than I do not currently, yet somehow I always seem to give at least a little bit of shit about more than I retrospectively thought I would have.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

More like As I Pay Trying

to kill my wife
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

lipanconjuring said
More like As I Pay Trying

to kill my wife

Hahahahahahaha
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

The Westboro Baptist Church has been noticeably quiet about this, particularly when you consider how fucking Satanic this dude's behaviour has been.

Compared to him, SLAYER and their fans look like Christian angels.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

As I Lay Crying in my cell.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

As I Pray Trying to figure out how to blame this on Jesus.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

All Damn Day Buying a hitman
also, Avatar!
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

badkittygothgirl said

OK you are entitled to your own opinion. Perhaps I should have been more clear with the Blythe reference.  I think it is similar to the Blythe situation in that the charges are quite serious (more than a DUI, drug charges, or other "less severe" charges). 

However, in the sense that the charges against Tim are founded on pretty solid evidence (whereas with Blythe it seemed like a cash grab/political statement) yes I believe there are little if any similarities.  Blythe beat his wrap b/c he wasn't directly at fault, Tim will most likely go down for this b/c of his direct involvement (though I think the story said 3-9 yrs is the sentencing for this type of crime, which isn't too bad given the content of the allegations).  Can you say "We want pre-nup?"

This story just caught me off guard.  Never expected something like this out of a guy who "seemed" fairly normal.  I've talked to him at shows before and he always seemed like a nice guy.  I guess his former wife just pushed his buttons the wrong way / trying to screw him out of the cash he has amassed over the years.

I am not advocating his position, but he should have sent a proxy in his place, or at least used code words in place of "yes I will give you money to kill my wife". 

Has he never watched COPS or any other TV shows where people get busted for not doing shady deals the right way?

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Korax
Bronco's Fan

Post by Korax »

Their fan must be devastated.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

bigboy55693 said

badkittygothgirl said

OK you are entitled to your own opinion. Perhaps I should have been more clear with the Blythe reference.  I think it is similar to the Blythe situation in that the charges are quite serious (more than a DUI, drug charges, or other "less severe" charges). 

However, in the sense that the charges against Tim are founded on pretty solid evidence (whereas with Blythe it seemed like a cash grab/political statement) yes I believe there are little if any similarities.  Blythe beat his wrap b/c he wasn't directly at fault, Tim will most likely go down for this b/c of his direct involvement (though I think the story said 3-9 yrs is the sentencing for this type of crime, which isn't too bad given the content of the allegations).  Can you say "We want pre-nup?"

This story just caught me off guard.  Never expected something like this out of a guy who "seemed" fairly normal.  I've talked to him at shows before and he always seemed like a nice guy.  I guess his former wife just pushed his buttons the wrong way / trying to screw him out of the cash he has amassed over the years.

I am not advocating his position, but he should have sent a proxy in his place, or at least used code words in place of "yes I will give you money to kill my wife". 

Has he never watched COPS or any other TV shows where people get busted for not doing shady deals the right way?

fun...

that is all...