Live Shows, Tours, etc.

Music in all its forms and styles
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Live Shows, Tours, etc.

Post by hellboy »

They should just play a show in the Loft and live stream it in the way of compensation
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Miley Cyrus pulled out of the Bushfire concert in Melbourne as well.

Sorry Cal :/
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:59 pm They should just play a show in the Loft and live stream it in the way of compensation
that would be cool. they played tonight though. tool likes money. i dont think they will stop if they dont have to. gotta hand it to Pearl Jam for that though. the media makes this worse but at the same time im not sure if large gatherings of people is a good idea either. maybe they got posters to sell before they postpone some shows..wtf knows. ha
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Reminds me of a show The Rolling Stones were set to play, one of them was sick so they had to cancel but Mick held off cancelling it until the last minute as they were getting a cut of the parking.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

prob! that one dude that goes on Joe Rogans show said something about Mick Jagger being pretty tight. back in the 80s or something seats that werent filled near the sides of the stage he demanded tickets be sold there or they werent going on. cheap coont! ha!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

bob wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:20 pm
hellboy wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:59 pm They should just play a show in the Loft and live stream it in the way of compensation
that would be cool. they played tonight though. tool likes money. i dont think they will stop if they dont have to. gotta hand it to Pearl Jam for that though. the media makes this worse but at the same time im not sure if large gatherings of people is a good idea either. maybe they got posters to sell before they postpone some shows..wtf knows. ha
I think promoters will largely be responsible, at least financially when it comes to cancelling tours. No one wants to take a bath on this. I don't see shows scheduled in the next few weeks being cancelled, but where there's enough lead time to process refunds and take minimal losses - I think that's more likely.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

you may have a point on that and its not as dissapointing as i felt on it. so thats cool to hear that.

***ya, i take that back! lots of things are being canceled or postponed. i cant see how it would be that hard of a hit to refund and do it at a later time. things of a much smaller scale are doing there thing without an audience cause of this virus. im just not feeling it over this one. Its just putting more people at risk and its beyond not being a problem.

im not worried for myself but my moms 75 and not in the greatest health. anyone that knows older people (im sure we all do) is at risk. they can sell posters later on 8-)
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:57 am
bob wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:20 pm
I think promoters will largely be responsible, at least financially when it comes to cancelling tours. No one wants to take a bath on this. I don't see shows scheduled in the next few weeks being cancelled, but where there's enough lead time to process refunds and take minimal losses - I think that's more likely.
You appear to be correct. Eugene was just cancelled although it came from the State level (no crowds over 250 people). The promoters and the band do not seem to be the reason for this one.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

They postponed the Sydney Karnivool show to the 21st of September 2020, which is a Monday night, damn it.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:34 pm They postponed the Sydney Karnivool show to the 21st of September 2020, which is a Monday night, damn it.
If it makes ya feel any better half a chance that gig won't go ahead either?
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Why would that make me feel better?
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I was trying to be facetious , factual and funny at the same time. INstead I'm just an asshole... GReat!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Leave it to the professionals dickhead
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Well I have to finish my apprenticeship at some point surely! its been 10 years already
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

IMO yer well on yer way. Keep it up Buster. Besides, TyTy’s been slipping lately.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Cheers Kman, i like to think im on final year by now.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Kittaan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:32 am IMO yer well on yer way. Keep it up Buster. Besides, TyTy’s been slipping lately.
Maybe I should take a note out of your book and get some of these installed

Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

haha. They look like they'd be good fun for extra curricular activities.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

ms2r wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:17 am Gonna see Nick Mason and Saucer full of secrets on may 31.
Woooeeiieiee

Re-scheduled:
1 June 2021
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

tys0n wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:19 pm Karnivool Sound Awake Tour

Friday, April 17th
Fortitude Music Hall, Brisbane

Saturday, April 18th
Enmore Theatre, Sydney

Wednesday, April 22nd
Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide

Thursday, April 23rd
Festival Hall, Melbourne

Friday, April 24th
Fremantle Arts Centre, Fremantle

Got my ticket, fuck yeah!
The Decade of Sound Awake tour will visit Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne and Fremantle for ONE NIGHT ONLY. No additional shows, no encore performances, no take backsies. Don't miss out.

Except now they've added a bunch of shows including Wollongong on a Sunday night which works out a lot better than the Monday night in Sydney.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:42 pm
tys0n wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:19 pm Karnivool Sound Awake Tour

Friday, April 17th
Fortitude Music Hall, Brisbane

Saturday, April 18th
Enmore Theatre, Sydney

Wednesday, April 22nd
Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide

Thursday, April 23rd
Festival Hall, Melbourne

Friday, April 24th
Fremantle Arts Centre, Fremantle

Got my ticket, fuck yeah!
The Decade of Sound Awake tour will visit Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne and Fremantle for ONE NIGHT ONLY. No additional shows, no encore performances, no take backsies. Don't miss out.

Except now they've added a bunch of shows including Wollongong on a Sunday night which works out a lot better than the Monday night in Sydney.
Cheers for the heads up bruvva, just bought my bris tix. Could have sworn they were sold out last I checked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I’m jelly. I got to see Karnivool 3 times in the US, once opening for Porcupine Tree in SF. I even got to hang out and have beers with them a couple of times. Very genuine, happy dudes. Would love to see them again. Although that last album was not at all up to par with their previous work...

How are lives shows going down now in Oz? Any testing requirements, distancing, masks etc mandatory? Are you nervous about going? I’ve got a show booked for October... but have no idea if it’s gonna happen. Can’t wait to get back to live shows as long as it’s safe.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Kittaan wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:32 pm I’m jelly. I got to see Karnivool 3 times in the US, once opening for Porcupine Tree in SF. I even got to hang out and have beers with them a couple of times. Very genuine, happy dudes. Would love to see them again. Although that last album was not at all up to par with their previous work...

How are lives shows going down now in Oz? Any testing requirements, distancing, masks etc mandatory? Are you nervous about going? I’ve got a show booked for October... but have no idea if it’s gonna happen. Can’t wait to get back to live shows as long as it’s safe.
I'm nervous about it still going ahead more than anything. Australia as a whole is doing fairly well with covid so live gigs started becoming a thing a few months ago depending on which state you live. W.A was first off the ranks and I think qld was next maybe as far as full capacity / dancing allowed goes. I was at qlds first full cap all dance gig which was in mid November so is fairly recent.

From what I've seen no testing, no masks required, just capped mosh area , social distancing signs everywhere etc. If all go ahead ive got cog in mid Feb so that'll be a true test of crowd capacity as its more mosh type music compared to the friendly Xavier Rudd set up I saw in Nov.

We very lucky to live where we do right now i know. Shall report back hopefully after cog show goes ahead.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'm a lot more worried about the Sydney gig, I've got a health condition that puts me in the highest risk for Covid but meh, you only live once. I'll probably have to wear a mask.

In Gladys we trust.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I didn't know being a 10 out of fucking 10 stunner was a health condition mate?! The more you learn hey!