Random Music News

Music in all its forms and styles
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Random Music News

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

petemasterpete wrote:^my bad NY, it was only a minute long teaser, but def a different tune ... It's in the new music thread
yeah I found the teaser and ripped it to MP3. it's a good intro into the full track. I think Russian Circles with Harris is going to be iller than Chino with the rest of the group. maybe then they'll stop fucking around and reunite lol.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

- December 11th, 2014 –
If These Trees Could Talk
Confirm new album and reissues for 2015

Midwestern tour begins today!

Akron, Ohio’s If These Trees Could Talk have signed with Metal Blade Records! The post-rock outfit was properly formed in 2005 and has grown tremendously since their humble origins in Zack Kelly’s basement as an instrumental project in college. They have since released two full length albums and an EP. Both albums, plus the EP, are available now digitally, but the albums have been out of print on CD. Both “Red Forest” (2012) and “Above the Earth, Below the Sky” (2009) are being repressed on CD by Metal Blade Records and will be available worldwide on January 27th, 2015! Music and cd pre-orders are available now at metalblade.com/ifthesetreescouldtalk. And, of course, the band is fast at work on their third full-length album and Metal Blade debut. Producer/drummer Zack Kelly, along with guitarists Michael Socrates, Cody Kelly, Jeff Kalal, and bassist Tom Fihe will be tracking the record throughout the 2014/15 winter. The instrumental five piece promises to release one of the finest pieces of post-rock/metal of 2015....
If These Trees Could Talk
Professor of Lesbian Science
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

The Day Is My Enemy, The Prodigy's 6th Studio Album will be released 30th March 2015.

1. The Day is My Enemy
2. Nasty
3. Rebel Radio
4. Ibiza
5. Destroy
6. Wild Frontier
7. Rok-Weiler
8. Beyond the Deathray
9. Rhythm Bomb
10. Roadblox
11. Get Your Fight On
12. Medicine
13. Invisible Sun
14. Wall Of Death
[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

new Dream Theater album late 2015!!! fuck yeah bitch. word is Scale The Summit is also working on material. Faith No More, Tool, Soundgarden? should be a good year. anyone else excited about this years releases?

http://www.simcoe.com/whatson-story/524 ... ming-home/
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Day Is My Enemy, The Prodigy's 6th Studio Album will be released 30th March 2015.

1. The Day is My Enemy
2. Nasty
3. Rebel Radio
4. Ibiza
5. Destroy
6. Wild Frontier
7. Rok-Weiler
8. Beyond the Deathray
9. Rhythm Bomb
10. Roadblox
11. Get Your Fight On
12. Medicine
13. Invisible Sun
14. Wall Of Death
Cool, look forward to checking this out, even though the last album was a little meh.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

ziggy23 wrote:Image

Nice cover.

Shithouse band.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Well, that was pretty shit, and killed pretty much any hope I had for this being a decent album:

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

You're surprised? !? They're "bogan techno" in a can.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

No, I'm not surprised at all. Based on their last album I had low expectations and those expectations have been met.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Failure are attempting to crowd fund their new album:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/failure

$15 gets you a FLAC copy, and there are numerous other rewards as well.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Last year I had Opeth to fill the void, this year i'll have Riverside. From their facebook:

"Love, Fear and the Time Machine" - this is the title of the sixth Riverside album. The band have just finished composing the new material.
"Our sixth album, six words in the title, sixty minutes of new music, that's about how long the new release will be. And we won't be playing hard rock any more", Mariusz Duda laughs. "There will be many more melodies dressed in completely different shades. We're changing and evolving as a band, we're growing up but most of all we want to keep recording different albums which are simply great to listen to. And the new one will be like a deep breath of fresh air, very different to what we'd done before."
"Love, fear and the times that have shaped us have the biggest influence on our life choices. The lyrics will be about everything that pushes us to make the most important decisions in our life."
The band are going to start recording the new material in March and it will be possible to follow the progress of their work on a special Instagram profile (www.instagram.com/riversideband.pl) The album will be released in August/September 2015 and some of the new songs will be played at this year's summer festivals. More information will follow soon…
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Looking forward to new Riverside, and how the new direction manifests. Sounds interesting.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

new Tweet from Sergio Vega...very excited that they are in the studio, besides the Eros stuff I mean.

$ERG O'RICO ♪( ´θ`)/Verified account ‏@SmurffedOut

back to los @deftones mañana : D quite stoked
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Royal Thunder will release their new album, Crooked Doors, on April 7.

http://www.relapse.com/label/royal-thun ... ril-7.html
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

The Aristocrats' new CD/DVD Culture Clash Live and 2CD "live bootleg" Secret Show: Live In Osaka have been released into the wild. They're both available for order and immediate shipment right now.

http://thearistocrats.spinshop.com

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

Ki77aan :twisted:
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

^ cheers for the heads up. I got into these guys just last year and they fucking blew my socks off. Who needs a singer anyways? I shall check this out
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Eyehategod cancelled yet another Oz tour at the last minute. Allegedly due to health issues, though some have speculated it's due to working visa problems.

That's what you get for skipping Adelaide I guess...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Well, Taylor Swift certainly wouldn't of made the Hottest 100 any worse...
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:Well, Taylor Swift certainly wouldn't of made the Hottest 100 any worse...
she's a corn ball.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

petemasterpete wrote:^my bad NY, it was only a minute long teaser, but def a different tune ... It's in the new music thread
these guys is brutal, bro.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

An L7 reunion has been confirmed now (a couple of festival shows in Europe confirmed including Hellfest apparently), with a Kickstarter appearing for a documentary on them. L7 were at the first gig I ever saw (with Cosmic Psychos) so I have fond memories of them and their music (though I'm not going so far as to back this):

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote:An L7 reunion has been confirmed now (a couple of festival shows in Europe confirmed including Hellfest apparently), with a Kickstarter appearing for a documentary on them. L7 were at the first gig I ever saw (with Cosmic Psychos) so I have fond memories of them and their music (though I'm not going so far as to back this):

Nice! I always enjoyed L7! Not sure if the younger crowd on here will remember them so here are a few selections...

Shit list

Pretend we're dead.
Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Blood Duster Member change press release.
29-1-2015

It is with a heavy heart that Blood Duster have to announce that Scott (AKA Beltsy or Belt Thrower) has been asked to leave the band.
He may say that he left because of family commitments, but we can assure you that he was asked in no uncertain terms to leave Blood Duster after numerous warnings from the rest of the band.
We would love to say the differences were musical but they were not as they pertained to his interest in the heavy metal band Anthrax, the most unmusical band ever. The 12” single released by Anthrax “I’m the Man” was found to be playing at his house on more than one occasion and he had been warned about listening to them and especially to their later output (with later output determined as anything after “Fistful of Metal”). He was warned that listening to Anthrax could undermine his ability to judge music with any objective sense of good or bad.
“It got to the point where he was coming to rehearsals in big shorts and saying “not” well after it was amusing (which was of course a few hours after it was first said in the mid-80s)… and it’s not just that his riffs turned to shit, he was trying to introduce rap into Blood Duster and growing really stupid goatees - I have no faith that the new Mindsnare recording will be any good either, I imagine he will just introduce those metal-raps into their new stuff”
- Jason P.C.
Despite these repeated warnings he continued to be caught in a mosh.
Scott also often made for odd conversation during Blood Duster rehearsals often making these bold proclamations;
1- Suggesting that the big four of thrash metal should be expanded to 5 so it could include Flotsam and Jetsam.
2- That Dave Mustaine singing into the mirror during the “Sweating Bullets” clip is “like, totally awesome”.
3- He claimed that Christian metal is an actual real and proper thing that people like himself can enjoy.
4- That Metallica only really hit their stride after “Reload” and that Lulu was a masterpiece.
“I was like ‘fuck you dude’, and he was all like ‘no man fuck you’”
- Matt Rizzo
Following these incidents Scott has been dismissed from the ranks of Blood Duster effective immediately.
“I reiterated the band’s view that former Anthrax guitarist Dan Spitz is not someone to be looked up to but he simply put more ninja turtles stickers on his guitar and ignored us”.
- Tonebone
We really do wish Scott the best of luck with his future little endeavours and we don’t want to sound too bitter about US deciding to give HIM the boot.
Last we heard he will be starting a hardcore band with just about anyone.
Recently we also were forced to ask Drummer Dave Haley (AKA Dive Taxation Forms) to step aside from Blood Duster. This was because he said he really liked the sound of all black metal that was released after Darkthrone’s A Blaze in the Northern Sky.
He is currently getting by in his little side project “Psycroptic”, a band with a name that is completely made up. Its not even a word seriously… look it up.
oh, that’s right you cant.

Blood Duster are playing 3 shows with the far superior line up of:
Tonebone- Vocals
Jason PC- Bass
M-Lo- Guitarz
Matt Rizzo- Drumbs
Upcoming dates for the “Good fucking riddance to bad rubbish Australian full blown national tour” are:
Fri 6th Feb - Sydney - @ Factory Theatre
w/ Summonus, Bastardizer & Fat Guy Wears Mystic Wolf Shirt.
Fri 13th Feb - Brisbane - @The Underdog
w/ Bloodgin, Coffin Birth, Bitter Lungs, Wartooth, Decapitated Mum, Malakyte.
Fri 20st Feb - Melbourne - @ The Tote
w/ The Blacklist, Chaingun and Blunt Shovel
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:Well, Taylor Swift certainly wouldn't of made the Hottest 100 any worse...

The last time the TripleJ Hottest 100 was even remotely close to resembling anything that could potentially be described as "Hot" I was about to go through several years of awkward, angst ridden puberty and regularly enjoyed playing air guitar to Stevie Stevens in my underwear when nobody was around and thought Hulk Hogan was the "most awesome guy in the universe and must obviously be immortal in some way".

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Also, my friend once got kicked out of a Starbucks for wearing a Bloodduster "CUNT" t-shirt.

That's a true story.

And it must be asked as to what the hell was he even thinking? Who even goes to Starbucks??