Random Music News

Music in all its forms and styles
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Random Music News

Post by The Boss »

joeypants wrote:I will listen to/buy anything Aaron Turner does pretty much. Weirder the better.
So this.

Love knowing you're in this forum, dude.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

joeypants wrote:I will listen to/buy anything Aaron Turner does pretty much. Weirder the better.
Agreed! The next couple of months are going to be fantastic, musically. Melvins, OMG, Mamiffer, YOB, Earth, Pallbearer, Pink Floyd, Godflesh, Primus... 8-)
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The Boss wrote:
So this.

Love knowing you're in this forum, dude.
Likewise!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

fortysixand2 wrote:
Agreed! The next couple of months are going to be fantastic, musically. Melvins, OMG, Mamiffer, YOB, Earth, Pallbearer, Pink Floyd, Godflesh, Primus... 8-)
Good fucking point.

I listened to YOB on the way to work yesterday and nearly cried. So fucking powerful and crushing.

I'm not kidding, there's something about YOB that really gets me right in the feels. Incredible music.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Underworld Share Unreleased "Cowgirl" Demo From "Dubnobasswithmyheadman" Reissue,
Album to be performed in full at London's Royal Festival Hall
http://pitchfork.com/news/56370-underwo ... n-reissue/
http://underworldlive.spinshop.com/details/228591
[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

For $500 you can hang out with Team Sleep while they record their new album.
Dear friends,

Please join us as we create our next record in Woodstock, New York. We’ll gather at Applehead studio, near the base of the Catskill mountains to eat, write, play and record. For a long time, business people, logistics, careers, adulthood, families and the House Republicans have thwarted us, but we’ve continued to make music. At the same time, the creative process has become increasingly fragmented and dehumanized. With that in mind, we’re very excited to get together with our dear friends, hang out, play music and have a unique experience in a beautiful place. We’d like you to be there, too. Your participation will be essential to the independent creation and release of the live performance and our forthcoming studio record; we look forward to seeing you. Check the link for more information.

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/ ... ent/842469

Thank you very much,

Chino Moreno
Todd Wilkinson
CrookOne
Zach Hill
Rick Verret
Chuck X
Don't mow your lawn
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

YOU ALWAYS BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

To mark the 20th anniversary of the release, in August 1994, of “Dummy”, Portishead will be re-issuing their landmark debut album on vinyl. “Dummy”, one of the most enduring and best loved records of the last 20 years, will be pressed on 180 gram heavyweight vinyl and presented in a gatefold sleeve.

There will be no additional material on the re-issue, with the songs remaining exactly as recorded on the original release.

Order
Professor of Lesbian Science
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I was going to throw up a little if it was a remaster, if there is one album that doesn't need it, it's this one (and a fuckton of others)
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I also agree with this...
Be good to each other.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

New video for Skeletonwitch's 'Unending, Everliving'

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^Good song good album
Hey! Denty!
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Steve Albini announced as keynote speaker for "Face The Music" in Melbourne November of this year. Fingers crossed he brings his band.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Fingers crossed he skips Adelaide.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Yeah good call. I always enjoy a weekend in Melbourne. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think it'll just be him as opposed to Shellac (I doubt he will bring them as well, doesn't seem to be his style), so I don't think I'd miss much. I'd certainly see him speak if he were in town, but no trip interstate is requirej for just a night with him slagging off record labels and pro-tools.

Steve is a really interesting character though, it would be a very entertaining key note I expect. People in Melbourne should go given the chance.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

After teasing fans for weeks with blimps, online snapshots and mysterious street art, Warp Records has finally released the full artwork for Aphex Twin’s forthcoming album, Syro.
http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog ... aphex-twin
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

From Aaron Turner's blog:
Sumac is a new band, the core membership consisting of myself and Nick Yacyshyn (also of Baptists). We have completed our first record "The Deal" which will be released via Profound Lore (CD), and SIGE Records (LP) in Feb 2015. Bass on the album was done by Brian Cook (Russian Circles, Botch, etc), who will hopefully join us as an auxiliary/intermittent member for live performances when possible. We are pursuing this as a fully functional band rather than side project, with plans to play live in the coming year and continue with further writing/recording thereafter.

The album was recorded by Mell Dettmer at Litho and Aleph in Settle, with additional recording done at home. It was mixed by Kurt Ballou at God City, Salem, MA. Artwork is underway, a collaborative process between Faith Coloccia and myself - previews of that and audio clips to come in the next month or so.

Track titles are as follows:
1. Spectral Gold (03:26)
2. Thorn in the Lion's Paw (09:04)
3. Hollow King (12:26)
4. Blight's End Angel (10:19)
5. The Deal (13:34)
6. Radiance of Being (05:25)
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:From Aaron Turner's blog:
Sumac is a new band, the core membership consisting of myself and Nick Yacyshyn (also of Baptists). We have completed our first record "The Deal" which will be released via Profound Lore (CD), and SIGE Records (LP) in Feb 2015. Bass on the album was done by Brian Cook (Russian Circles, Botch, etc), who will hopefully join us as an auxiliary/intermittent member for live performances when possible. We are pursuing this as a fully functional band rather than side project, with plans to play live in the coming year and continue with further writing/recording thereafter.

The album was recorded by Mell Dettmer at Litho and Aleph in Settle, with additional recording done at home. It was mixed by Kurt Ballou at God City, Salem, MA. Artwork is underway, a collaborative process between Faith Coloccia and myself - previews of that and audio clips to come in the next month or so.

Track titles are as follows:
1. Spectral Gold (03:26)
2. Thorn in the Lion's Paw (09:04)
3. Hollow King (12:26)
4. Blight's End Angel (10:19)
5. The Deal (13:34)
6. Radiance of Being (05:25)
oh..fuck....yes...
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

another article, more of the same. can't wait.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/09/04/su ... -baptists/
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

_peterpwn wrote:my third post on the forum, and people already think i'm Mog, well, thanks :D
Take it as a compliment. Mog had a great knack for eliciting response which is a valuable skill on a forum.

Whilst I imagine Mog takes a look occasionally I doubt he spends much time doing it and posts like these will likely pass him by. The forum has lost from his departure. Like a band a forum is the sum of it's contributors. The cool thing about forums is it opens you up to communicating with people who are often quite different from those you encounter irl. I thought Mog was a dickhead when I first encountered him here. I still think that at times but like with many of you a deeper scratch reveals there is more to see. I had a high level of appreciation for him in the end, I enjoyed his forum company. Mog expressed himself well, was passionate about his music and principles, and provided me with many giggles. His banter with Tyson was great stuff.

Even the ugly is worth it's exposure. All we are is the sum of our experiences and an internet forum seems to me a fairly innocuous way of exploring our thoughts and human interactions in ways not as easily accessible in the real world. It's also a welcome thing to be able to tell someone to fuck off without reprisal. The words of war are also the words of peace and diplomacy.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Fuck off Liz! :D

Yeah, agreed.
Ki77aan :twisted:
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Kittaan wrote:Fuck off Liz! :D

Yeah, agreed.
Did I say no reprisals? I lied! :)
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

God damn it!

This is neither the time nor the place!
Don't mow your lawn