Opeth

Music in all its forms and styles
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Opeth

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Opeth have signed with Nuclear Blast and will have a new album "Sorceress" out in the Fall.
Nuclear Blast Entertainment is very pleased to announce the signing of Swedish progressive legends, OPETH. Always an unstoppable force for uniqueness amid a sea of generic swill, OPETH have been setting the rulebook ablaze, and ploughing a uniquely progressive and exploratory furrow for over 25 years now. Neither conforming nor exhibiting any desire to be restricted to a single genre, OPETH, quite simply, have a time honored tradition of blowing our minds with both class and forward thinking. All these years later, nothing and everything has changed once again with their forthcoming album »Sorceress«.
"We're happy to confirm that we have indeed signed a deal with Nuclear Blast Entertainment and will be putting out our 12th studio album »Sorceress« via our own imprint, Moderbolaget Records," states Mikael Åkerfeldt. "The decision was made in Markus Staiger's (Nuclear Blast kingpin) ridiculously potent Porsche going at 150 mph somewhere in the south of Germany. We're happy to be part of the NB team and look forward to a fruitful relationship."
Nuclear Blast owner, Markus Staiger, continues:
"I am honored that OPETH have joined the Nuclear Blast family. Mikael Åkerfeldt and his fellow bandmates have demonstrated time and time again that OPETH are a band that never release an album that sounds the same. You never know what their new music will sound like! Nuclear Blast has been following the musical journey of OPETH from the beginning with »Orchid« to landmark albums like »Still Life«, »Deliverance«, »Damnation« and »Blackwater Park«, right up to 2014's »Pale Communion«! The band have become one of the most challenging artists in rock music today. It is not often that we get to work with musicians of their caliber and I'm thrilled to have such a unique genre-leader on the label. The future for OPETH and Nuclear Blast looks very bright."
Monte Conner, Nuclear Blast Entertainment president adds:
"OPETH are a band that have continually evolved and moved forward at every stage. Always innovating and always continuing to challenge themselves as players and writers. They are simply fearless. I can't wait to hear what they come up with next! It's an amazing feeling to be reunited with one of my favorite bands and I look forward to my colleagues here at Nuclear Blast being able to have their own OPETH experience and role in the band's continuing journey. I want to thank Mikael Åkerfeldt and OPETH for putting their faith and trust in everyone here at Nuclear Blast."
OPETH are currently in the studio with Tom Dalgety putting the finishing touches on Sorceress. A release for the album is tentatively scheduled for the fall via Moderbolaget Records / Nuclear Blast Entertainment.
OPETH live:
17.06. S Gothenburg - Ullevi Stadium (w/ IRON MAIDEN)
02.07. E Barcelona - Be Prog! My Friend
07.07. FIN Helsinki - Monsters Of Rock Festival
09.07. IS Neskaupstadur - Eistnaflug Festival
30.09. FIN Oulu - Qstock Festival
05.08. P Corroios - Vagos Open Air Festival
19.08. B Hasselt - Pukkelpop Festival
24.09. USA San Bernardino, CA - Ozzfest
01.10. USA New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall
04.10. CDN Montreal, QC - Metropolis (w/ THE SWORD)
05.10. CDN Toronto, ON - Massey Hall (w/ THE SWORD)
26.10. CDN Vancouver, BC - Orpheum (w/ THE SWORD)
05.11. S Stockholm - Annexet
06.11. N Oslo - Konserthus
07.11. DK Copenhagen - DR Koncerthuset, Koncertsalen
08.11. D Hamburg - Docks
10.11. A Vienna - Arena
11.11. D Stuttgart - LKA Longhorn
12.11. D Munich - Theaterfabrik
13.11. CH Zurich - Volkshaus
14.11. I Milan - Alcatraz
16.11. D Cologne - E-Werk
18.11. NL Tilburg - 013
19.11. UK London - SSE Arena Wembley
21.11. F Paris - Le Trianon
23.11. LUX Luxemburg - Den Atelier
24.11. D Berlin - Astra Kulturhaus
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I hope they continue in the Pale Communion vane... just to piss off all the die hard Opeth growl devotees. Also, that's one of my favorite Opeth albums front to back.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Tracklist:
01. Persephone
02. Sorceress
03. The Wilde Flowers
04. Will O The Wisp
05. Chrysalis
06. Sorceress 2
07. The Seventh Sojourn
08. Strange Brew
09. A Fleeting Glance
10. Era
11. Persephone (Slight Return)

September 30th
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

That's the most brutal peacock ever.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I find that to be a very strange album cover.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Opeth weren't happy that NBC cancelled Hannibal.
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Moridin wrote:Image

Tracklist:
01. Persephone
02. Sorceress
03. The Wilde Flowers
04. Will O The Wisp
05. Chrysalis
06. Sorceress 2
07. The Seventh Sojourn
08. Strange Brew
09. A Fleeting Glance
10. Era
11. Persephone (Slight Return)

September 30th
Can't wait. Fantastic artwork. I am glad they are keeping with the 70s prog theme. Their metal days are gone, which isn't at all a bad thing, because Opeth have a rather remarkable ability to make even their more chill stuff feel metal. Sad how some Opeth fans can't get over the change in musical direction. They have been writing music for a long time and released a ton of great metal albums. It is only natural at some point Akerfeldt was going to want to explore a different sound.

What I love about Pale Communion in particular is how the album has that old prog vibe while still feeling current and relevant. A very modern twist on old prog themes. Dark and brooding and fantastically musical. Brilliant album. Let's hope Sorceress takes it to another level.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ditto Moggie.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

New music can be heard the last 20 seconds, sounds good so far! I'm really looking forward to this release :)
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

"I love this album, as does the whole band. I wrote the music during five-six months and we spent only twelve days recording it at Rockfield studios in Wales.

Take note Tool..
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Listen to the title track from the new album here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07m44p3 1 hour 27 min in! Heavy shit! Love it
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The new Dillinger Escape Plan track in on that stream as well at the 2:00:00 mark.

I thought that Opeth track was pretty good btw - a nice mix of their last album and their older style.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Youtube version

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That organ intro is pretty corny, but the song itself is pretty good.
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:That organ intro is pretty corny, but the song itself is pretty good.
At first listen the intro seemed a bit off but subsequent listens it has grown on me, it fits the song and sets the mood. Overall I really dig this song. Again like Pale Communion it feels old yet new. It takes some of the best elements of 70s prog and infuses it with an atmosphere and tone that is undeniably Opeth. This tune just feels metal and fresh and groovy. It just works man, at least for me.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

What's up Toolios? We are returning from Spain and France tomorrow. Shit wifi here so far. Looking forward to getting/hearing the new Opeth when I'm back.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Oh shit, just checked. September?!? That's going to suck waiting.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Reeeeaally digging Sorceress. So much so that I've been avoiding it, and will to continue to avoid it untill the album comes out.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sounds like a pretty cool gig:

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/whatson/Opeth_2017.aspx
"We're getting pumped up for the coming" Sorceress" world tour. We have 3 shows scheduled that are quite" out of the ordinary" due to their legendary status and location. The SSE Wembley Arena in London/UK. Radio City Music Hall in New York/USA, and the famous Sydney Opera house in Australia. These three shows will be completely unique in terms of songs, spanning over 2 separate set lists. The 1st set will consist of songs exclusively from the Deliverance/Damnation records, that was just celebrated with a re-release combo package by the newly revived Music For Nations label. We'll pull out songs from our back catalogue and mix it up with newer stuff during the second set. So it's a little bit of a celebration indeed! We'll only play this set list 3 times on the whole world tour, so if you miss it, you'll have missed it. Of course all other shows will be treated with the same amount of respect and we'll chisel out a nice diverse set list spanning over our entire career for every single show during the tours. We very much hope to see you there!" - Mikael Åkerfeldt
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Click the foot of the peacock.

http://www.opeth.com/
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Click the foot of the peacock.
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that...

Excellent track. I love the clean MA vocals so much more than the growl...
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It was ok.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Loulz