No Big Day Out 2015?

Music in all its forms and styles
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: No Big Day Out 2015?

Post by not tyson »

BlackHole83 wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Man this guy must have his back wet or something?
Very typical Tyson. I'll leave you two to it. You are only embarrassing yourselves.
I like you guy, it was a joke.

If you asked the average Australian to announce racists names for mexicans you'd get barely none, maybe speedy Gonzalo
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:Let this be the last of the bickering.
No worries.

Any thoughts on replacing BDO, or is it expected that the existing festivals are already offering more than enough to take up the slack?

I remember back when I was in my early twenties, we had fuckin' BDO and that was pretty much it.

Now it seems like you have a solid three or four (if not more, counting the smaller ones) major festivals per summer.

How can the market justify that? I don't really get it.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

The Boss wrote:
No worries.

Any thoughts on replacing BDO, or is it expected that the existing festivals are already offering more than enough to take up the slack?

I remember back when I was in my early twenties, we had fuckin' BDO and that was pretty much it.

Now it seems like you have a solid three or four (if not more, counting the smaller ones) major festivals per summer.

Kinda fuck you man
Not Tyson wrote:The brand is dead. The BDO used to be the only pony show in town, now we have similar festivals for metal/punk and EDM.

No need for a catch all festival anymore.

Bring back Harvest!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:
The Boss wrote:
No worries.

Kinda fuck you man
Not Tyson wrote:The brand is dead. The BDO used to be the only pony show in town, now we have similar festivals for metal/punk and EDM.

No need for a catch all festival anymore.

Bring back Harvest!
It's 11:30pm here, and I've had about five hours sleep per night for the last two months.

My apologies. I remembered that post, but just didn't remember it whilst I was typing my previous post.

Maybe that's enough internet for me today?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think the BDO will be fine, but it needs to downsize. Rather than competing with Soundwave, take it back down to just 3 double stages, or possibly even less. Get a decent headliner on, but try and get the price down closer to $100. Maybe consider cutting the boiler room, or at least filling it with more than just DJ's. Lower the capacity and give the festival more of a boutique feel.

You know the year Kanye West headlined, the show in Adelaide was stripped right back with him gone, and Soundgarden headlining. It didn't have a great lineup, but the feel of the festival being that much smaller reminded me more of the older days of the BDO, where you didn't have to fight with 20k+ other people for a spot and beer.