Album of the Week - Crippled Black Phoenix: A Love of Shared Disasters

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Finally got to listen to this...

I liked a good amount of it. I could have done without the guy talking over the one song though. Overall a decent album... I might check out some other stuff from them.

Oh btw, this is my 100th post so in honor of an old parachuting tradition and wanting to bring a little culture to the forum, I am doing this post and all my post tonight NAKED!!!

Actually, the last post(99) was my 100th post since this forum counts your first post as post #0. I would have brought up the naked part in that post but I didn't want to freakout the new girl...yet
Professor of Lesbian Science
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: Album of the Week - Crippled Black Phoenix: A Love of Sh

Post by Ravenpig »

Ravenpig wrote:Heard this a few weeks ago when you (Tyson) mentioned it in a thread.

It's pretty good. Made me think of various natural landscapes while listening for some reason.

All the songs are at worst good, but there wasn't one that blew my mind. It's definitely something I'd throw in my album rotation every once in a while though.

7/10
I take some of this back. "Goodnight, Europe" and especially "You Take the Devil outta Me" are outstanding.

7.5/10
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

For anyone who missed it, this is killer. Give CBP a shot. One of the only AOTW picks (that I wasn't already familiar with) that I actually liked enough to buy.

It's a shame we don't have any record of who originally posted this so we could give him/her/it credit.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan wrote:
It's a shame we don't have any record of who originally posted this so we could give him/her/it credit.
We do have a record. It was Tyson. How does this make you feel?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I think this has been the best AOTW so far and it's aging very well for me. Made #4 in my new (to me) list.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
We do have a record. It was Tyson. How does this make you feel?
Oh, come now, Hellboy. I've given him his do for this several times. Also, it's in the fricken thread itself... hard to miss..
Ki77aan :twisted: