Album of The Week - Riverside - Shrine of The New Generation Slaves

Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

This album is one of the greatest album released so far this year. I love Riverside. 

Enjoy!! 
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

I am anxious to hear what people think of this album.I just recently discovered Riverside and thought they were pretty special.Suprised to hear they are from Poland.I bought this album and their first one,OUT OF MYSELF as a gift for a Polish friend of mine.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I had a listen, couldn't really get into it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Just finished a full pass.  I've heard Riverside previously and liked them, but hadn't heard this yet.  Good stuff.  I'd go see them live, if they ever made it over here.  Looks like they mostly focus on Europe and just do sporadic fests in the US.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

I really love riverside. They would be the perfect opener for Tool if you ask me
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Seems like a bit of an identity crisis...I'm not sure if they want to be a hard band or a soft band but they are way too soft to be a hard band. That sax really sealed the deal on that one. Sounds like they had a guest appearance from Kenny G.(that is the guy who plays sax, right?)

They almost sound as though they are attempting a Pink Floyd-esque sound... almost.

A couple of songs were ok but the majority didn't do anything for me.

Professor of Lesbian Science
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

basejumper said
Sounds like they had a guest appearance from Kenny G.(that is the guy who plays sax, right?)

They all play sax.
Don't mow your lawn
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

They're heavily influenced by Marillion (during the Fish vocal years). They're okay but no revelation.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

So I found this to be decent but lacking something I couldn't put my finger on. Whatever it is, just failed to really grab me. But about the 5th song (or so) had some really nice subtle bass lines in it that caught my attention & then next song back it up so found myself getting into it a bit more. Still not mind blowing but enough for me to get ready for a 2nd spin. Might end up growing up on me more & more, cheers for the link. Will save a rating after another listen or 2.