AOTW: Dillinger Escape Plan + Mono

M0G
Lungsmen

AOTW: Dillinger Escape Plan + Mono

Post by M0G »

Normally I wouldn't post two albums, but it has been some time since I posted an AOTW, and since I see nothing going on at the moment on that front outside of CAOTW I figured I would post two albums. If the two album thing really tweaks anyone's ass let Hellboi know and I am sure he will take it down.

With the recent discussion on The Dillinger Escape Plan and their current tour I thought this would make for an interesting album to discuss.

Full Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... xUiJgzjkX3

The second album is a beautiful work from the band Mono. The album is called For My Parents. Enjoy.

The most intelligent person on this forum
basejumper
Droner

Re: Albums of the Week

Post by basejumper »

I'm sure it will fly as well as when I offered two choices...
Kittaan wrote:I'll leave the decision up to Hellboy, since it's his site and his idea for the Listener's Club... but if it was up to me, I'd say no. Â Pick one and only one. Â You'll get another shot later, in the next round, like the rest of us.
The Boss wrote: Yeah, for fuck sake. You had one fucking job to do: pick ONE album, and whore it out.

And also, because you chose fuckin' THE MUSIC, I won't be listening to either of them.

Retard.
hellboy wrote:Yes, remove one and make sure the one removed is The Music please...
Professor of Lesbian Science
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Normally I would agree with all that, but you know what? There hasn't been an AOTW in weeks so fuck it let it stay is my vote.
Hey! Denty!
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Ravenpig wrote:Normally I would agree with all that, but you know what? There hasn't been an AOTW in weeks so fuck it let it stay is my vote.
Yeah, I guess it really doesn't matter... mog's choices are usually shit anyway so maybe those two combined will get close to one decent choice. :P
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

basejumper wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Normally I would agree with all that, but you know what? There hasn't been an AOTW in weeks so fuck it let it stay is my vote.
Yeah, I guess it really doesn't matter... mog's choices are usually shit anyway so maybe those two combined will get close to one decent choice. :P
Fucker. I was gunna post something nice about what happened to you that week as well :p
The most intelligent person on this forum
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Haha. I knew that post would get you a bit riled up!
Seriously though, I'll check the albums out later in the week.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Is there anyone here that cares that hasn't heard the new DEP album? Seems like waste of a choice but whatever. Anyhow, I think it a pretty good album, but there's at least 3 albums in their catalogue better. It only just made my top 10 last year - I don't think it's as amazing as some Fourtheye readers think.

As for Mono? Meh
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Can we please go back to the pre-determined list of AOTW? I say make it two albums - almost like a battle. Say, Mog's choice and Bellboi's choice in the same week. Kind of make it like a competition.

Seriously, put me last on the list, I don't give a shit - but this lackadaisical attitude to this awesome idea is bringing this shit down.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:Can we please go back to the pre-determined list of AOTW?
As I've said before, if someone want's to organise it, then feel free. Until then....
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I'm happy to do it. May I start a new thread?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.