AOTW - H2H Week 3 - Tiamat- Wildhoney

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

AOTW - H2H Week 3 - Tiamat- Wildhoney

Post by Ravenpig »

I've had it narrowed down to two choices for a while but I picked this one because the other one is an instrumental and Kittaan's pick was vocal-less as well. So I'll save that one for next time.

I'm not too familiar with this band and I did a forum search on them with nothing coming up, so I'm really hoping they're unfamiliar to most of you as well. They do actually have a wiki page so they do have some level of fame but it doesn't go into great detail about them.

Anyway, I discovered this band when they were mentioned in some random article I read a couple of months ago. I like this album, hopefully you will too. But it's quite ok if you do not.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: AOTW 3: Tiamat- Wildhoney

Post by hellboy »

So I guess we aren't doing this anonymously!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

What? When was that agreed on? And it was already common knowledge we were next.

I'm so confused. Unless there's a joke I'm missing?
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nah, I thought we were going to post our selections The Boss, and then he post them anonymously to avoid any favoritism.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I'll post mine in a few hours.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Oh ok. I don't really think it matters as we are both ( generally) not hated around here.

I really don't think Crow's perceived "unpopularity" had anything to do with the negative reaction his pick got. I (mostly) get along with him and I gave it a low score, for example.

Edit: I sincerely didn't know that it had been changed to anonymous, so I apologize. I hope it doesn't affect anything, as we are supposed to be picking the better album not poster. My bad.
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Relax Ravenpig, I never saw any formal discussion about sending it to Crow.

Only d
Ravenpig wrote:Oh ok. I don't really think it matters as we are both ( generally) not hated around here.

I really don't think Crow's perceived "unpopularity" had anything to do with the negative reaction his pick got. I (mostly) get along with him and I gave it a low score, for example.

Edit: I sincerely didn't know that it had been changed to anonymous, so I apologize. I hope it doesn't affect anything, as we are supposed to be picking the better album not poster. My bad.
Relax Ravenpig, there was no formal decision about this, not one that I saw.

And Crow has been a sad sack since his pick got shit on, dude get over it.

My favourite album of all time got shit on by most, I chucked a tiny tizzy in the thread but got over it easy.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ok cool.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

No biggie.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

This was an average selection.
The parts I didn't care for too much were the overly religious/choir type songs. The best song was the last one... had a different feel.
Middle of the road.
Professor of Lesbian Science
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: AOTW - H2H Week 3 - Tiamat- Wildhoney

Post by not tyson »

This album began pretty good then the first ten minutes it began to feel very repetitive, I had to google a track listing to make sure it wasn't the same song. It wasn't. It got more diverse as the album went on and I was enjoying the neo folk vibe I was getting. It's like they wanted to create this magnum opus, but ultimately the singer and the production let this album down. Maybe it would have been better as an instrumental as those were the bits I enjoyed the most, especially 30:00 - 35:00 or there abouts. What the fuck was up with the final track I'll never know, not saying it was bad at all, it just went straight up into a different genre.

I can't say this is a bad album, but the fact I don't see myself ever listening to this again kinda says it all at the end of the day.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea the singer is definitely my least favorite part of it, but he got less annoying to me the more I heard it.

Great reviews so far guys, thanks!
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

My main thoughts have already been expressed above: Not into the vocals (but at least they weren't growly), there were some nice sections, but overall repetitive - for example the guitarist's penchant for those chimey chords, also doubled by keys (I assume).

Didn't hate it, but I see no reason for a repeat listening.
Ki77aan :twisted: