Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats-Mind Control

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

This is a real solid stoner metal album. It's definetely got a Black Sabbath sound to it. The lyrics remind me of Ghost, but not as over the top. The riffs are real catchy...a definite head bobber.

I had never heard of this band before. A local record store I "Liked" on my Facebook page recommended this album. After reading a few reviews and descriptions of the album I picked it up. One of the best pickups I've had in a while, I'm looking forward to checking out their other stuff. Anyone heard of this band or checked out this album yet? Discuss...
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Really surprised there is no discussion around this. I figured people in here would eat this shit up...
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I've listened to this album several times now, and I'm not feeling it.  I didn't find the album to be especially catchy at all.  It's better than the recent Sabbath album, but that's not saying much.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Have you listened to Blood Lust? I prefer that over Mind Control.

I think both albums are great though. So if you aren't feeling Mind Control, chances are you won't like Blood Lust either.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

No, haven't heard any other of their albums, and not feeling a strong desire to do so.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

You should at least give Blood Lust a shot man- you may like it
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Mind Control is kind of hit or miss.  There are a few solid songs and a few really shitty ones.  Kind of a shame because I like what they are trying to do.  Stoner/doom with a bit of a twist.  A different vocalist would help.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

I have their discography  its got some great tracks in it   not all good but maybe a little lsd may alter that...

go taff!
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Just heard these guys are opening for Sabbath