Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Re: Star Wars Hype Train

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:It matters to angsty bogan Liberal voters!

Ooooh!! You're so "progressive"!!! I'll bet you don't even say "Merry Christmas" anymore, for fear that it may upset certain....minority groups.

And...err...speaking of "angsty, bogans..." and Star Wars:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/onlin ... 7575305861

Hmmmm......
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I got no problems with "Merry Xmas" or "May the Force Be With You". Those Fundamentalist Sith's can go fuck themselves.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

It's not The Siths you need to worry about.....

:?
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

May The Force Be With You

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Update: It's pretty good!
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Looks great! Can't wait.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

ZOMFG....I cannot fucking wait!!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

See now that's a good trailer because it didn't give away 65% of the story in two minutes.

I didn't wanna watch it because I avoid trailers to movies I'm gonna watch anyway but I was doing some schoolwork and wasn't paying attention. So I'm happy it didn't give away the farm.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I agree it's a good trailer, in that it doesn't give away much of the plot (it gives away plenty, just not as much as some other movies do).

I do find it somewhat amusing that people feel so strongly about plots in trailers that they'd almost completely disregard a movie because of it.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Good trailer (and glad the film doesn't appear to be bursting at the seams with cgi cartoon characters) but REALLY didn't like the Kylo Ren voice. Kind made me roll my eyes in my head.

"Oh...is THAT what he sounds like..."

:roll:

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I liked his voice. It's better than thinking of James earl jones every time the antagonist talks. You shouldn't think of the voice actor as a separate person from the character. They should be one. But i don't hear Vader. I hear JEJ. So in glad that I can associate a voice to kyle Ren and I believe it's him talking, not some famous actor talking for him.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Voice didn't bother me at all.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

The trailer is pure tits!! I cannot fricking wait!

Spoiler: I don't think that Luke shows up until the very end of the film. Then it will leave us hanging, until Star Wars VIII comes out and Luke officially returns to help out the new Jedis.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

The trailer sucked. I am not the world's biggest Star Wars fan and maybe that helps in this case. From an objective standpoint it looks boring. Questionable casting. Did every relevant actor in Hollywood turn them down? Who the fuck are these people? Fucking JJ Abrams. He did a shit job with the Star Trek reboots and this Star Wars reboot looks like some sort of bad Tweenie movie. I shouldn't be surprised, considering the general intelligence level of what seems to be the target demographic....16-20 year old idiots raised on the Tit of comic book movies and Pokemon.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I don't think the Star Wars movies need big name actors.

I do agree on JJ Abrams, can't recall much that he did that I liked.

But I did like the trailer.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I don't know who this guy is, but going by his hair and his chin I'm guessing he's probably the best Star Wars character ever.

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:The trailer sucked. I am not the world's biggest Star Wars fan and maybe that helps in this case. From an objective standpoint it looks boring. Questionable casting. Did every relevant actor in Hollywood turn them down? Who the fuck are these people? Fucking JJ Abrams. He did a shit job with the Star Trek reboots and this Star Wars reboot looks like some sort of bad Tweenie movie. I shouldn't be surprised, considering the general intelligence level of what seems to be the target demographic....16-20 year old idiots raised on the Tit of comic book movies and Pokemon.

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

J J Abrams has promised to do this film justice. He is using mostly practical effects so it has the feel of the old trilogy. He is using no name actors so you get attached to the character, not the actor portraying them. I was very skeptical at first, but I have faith he will succeed.

I don't know how you could say it looks boring. SW stands on it's own, so they don't have to give away the whole film in a trailer to get us to go. Hello, movie theater sites spent most of the night crashing.
considering the general intelligence level of what seems to be the target demographic
,,,,,ummm....most of us are in our forties and have loved this franchise since we were five. 37 years later and we are passing it onto our kids, or in my case, my friend's son.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

My Mom took my brother and I to see Star Wars at the drive in when it came out!! It's one of my earliest memories. I was 7 years old.

Good times!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Star Wars Hype Train

Post by blacksabbath »

This movie is going to be incredible. Kevin Smith describes being on the set, among other things. Lol.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

badkittygothgirl wrote:J J Abrams has promised to do this film justice. He is using mostly practical effects so it has the feel of the old trilogy. He is using no name actors so you get attached to the character, not the actor portraying them. I was very skeptical at first, but I have faith he will succeed.

I don't know how you could say it looks boring. SW stands on it's own, so they don't have to give away the whole film in a trailer to get us to go. Hello, movie theater sites spent most of the night crashing.
considering the general intelligence level of what seems to be the target demographic
,,,,,ummm....most of us are in our forties and have loved this franchise since we were five. 37 years later and we are passing it onto our kids, or in my case, my friend's son.
You missed the point entirely. The target demographic...that trailer reeks of targeting a much younger demographic. You completely misunderstood what I said. The target demographic is who the studio/director/etc etc is targeting. I feel they are doing long time fans a disservice. You personalized something that had nothing to do with you. I do not think JJ Abrams is targeting veteran fans. It feels like he is going for a much younger audience with a significantly smaller attention span in much the same way he did with the Star Trek reboot.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:The trailer sucked. I am not the world's biggest Star Wars fan and maybe that helps in this case.
You just said you aren't the biggest Stars Wars fan and now you say JJ is not making for the pure Stars Wars fan? If you aren't a purest, then can you even be the expert on what a true Star Wars movie is? Also judging by the trailer it reeks fan boy Star Wars. I think you are confused and talking shit about a movie you haven't seen yet.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:this Star Wars reboot looks like some sort of bad Tweenie movie. .

I don't exactly agree with this but I don't I completely disagree with you either.

lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Calfium Jay wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:this Star Wars reboot looks like some sort of bad Tweenie movie. .

I don't exactly agree with this but I don't I completely disagree with you either.
\\Image

Me and a couple goil friends.