Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Star Wars Hype Train

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That source doesn't seem all that reliable to me.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I've read pretty much every page of this thread and I just realized I don't even know when this movie comes out.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

December, I think.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

OH SNAP!!!!

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I think I'm going to have to pre order tickets if there are any still available.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

blacksabbath wrote:I think I'm going to have to pre order tickets if there are any still available.
I like that man!! go get 'em!!! wtf are you waiting for!? after a while due to this onslaught from Lucas Films even casual fans are like "fuck it, I gotta see this shit" :lol:
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I have not watched the new trailer. From here on out, I'm going to try to avoid all commercials/trailers until I see the film. In other news, we introduced our friend's son to SW for his 5th birthday back in September. He changed his mind on what he wanted to be for halloween. This is the result of that wish....made possible by his parents. Just look at those little feet at the bottom!

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:I have not watched the new trailer. From here on out, I'm going to try to avoid all commercials/trailers until I see the film. In other news, we introduced our friend's son to SW for his 5th birthday back in September. He changed his mind on what he wanted to be for halloween. This is the result of that wish....made possible by his parents. Just look at those little feet at the bottom!

that's absolutely awesome. dude you gotta keep watching the clips, I promise you no plot points are being revealed. if anything the more video they show just increases the number of questions being asked. keep the hype train rolling!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

even the video game commercials are bad ass!!! check this one out. my jaw dropped open the entire second half.

blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:I think I'm going to have to pre order tickets if there are any still available.
I like that man!! go get 'em!!! wtf are you waiting for!? after a while due to this onslaught from Lucas Films even casual fans are like "fuck it, I gotta see this shit" :lol:
I know! I've actually been pretty broke from doing other things, but with that out of the way, it's time to get ready for Star Wars! I was initially just going to wait until the frenzy died out, and just go a bunch of times at the matinee. Lol. I'm a fan, but a fan that hates crowds.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

The SW fan who got to see the Force Awakens has passed. :-(
http://www.thewrap.com/daniel-fleetwood ... ead-at-32/
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

That's really cool of them.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

badkittygothgirl wrote:The SW fan who got to see the Force Awakens has passed. :-(
http://www.thewrap.com/daniel-fleetwood ... ead-at-32/
Man, it just got really, really dusty in here all of a sudden. :cry:

Very sad...
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:even the video game commercials are bad ass!!! check this one out. my jaw dropped open the entire second half.

^ meh the beta was meh
Buggy, no campaign, typical DICE game with a Star Wars skin
Get Halo 5 instead. Wu Tang!

Star Trek > Star Wars bitches

*runs*
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Star Search > Star Trek
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Star Search > Star Trek
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

I must be one of the only people on the planet, that thinks Star Wars is over-rated
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

petemasterpete wrote:I must be one of the only people on the planet, that thinks Star Wars is over-rated
No sir I am right there with you. We might be the only two. Star Wars is incredibly overrated. If it wasn't for Yoda and Vader it would be a complete no fucks given experience on all accounts.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
petemasterpete wrote:I must be one of the only people on the planet, that thinks Star Wars is over-rated
No sir I am right there with you. We might be the only two. Star Wars is incredibly overrated. If it wasn't for Yoda and Vader it would be a complete no fucks given experience on all accounts.
yep, I'm not a massive sci-fi fan in general ... was more interesting to me when I was 8-10 years old, with a budding imagination, but by the time I hit my teens and found drugs, sci-fi no longer served any recreational purpose. Granted I still think Alien is badass, but that's more horror than adventure
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

What's really over rated is the need to post on the internet about how much people dislike things that other people like. If you have some kind of ethical concern, then I'm all ears. Otherwise, your opinions are tiresome, off topic and make you appear like the kind of asshole we think Maynard is.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:What's really over rated is the need to post on the internet about how much people dislike things that other people like. If you have some kind of ethical concern, then I'm all ears. Otherwise, your opinions are tiresome, off topic and make you appear like the kind of asshole we think Maynard is.
The kind of asshole that drops a stupid amount of money on a piece of art that I couldn't care less about because I know it will make some random dickhead in Australia happy? Guess so.

Now kindly fuck off while pete and I discuss why we think Star Wars is overrated in a Star Wars thread.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
hellboy wrote:What's really over rated is the need to post on the internet about how much people dislike things that other people like. If you have some kind of ethical concern, then I'm all ears. Otherwise, your opinions are tiresome, off topic and make you appear like the kind of asshole we think Maynard is.
The kind of asshole that drops a stupid amount of money on a piece of art that I couldn't care less about because I know it will make some random dickhead in Australia happy? Guess so.

Now kindly fuck off while pete and I discuss why we think Star Wars is overrated in a Star Wars thread.
I think you and Pete are overrated.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:

I think you and Pete are overrated.
Na. Pete and I are Filet Mignon with a loaded Baked potato and a side salad. FTW ;)

You get your ticket yet for opening night Vader?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I mean if yous are talking about the 6 movies as a whole, yeah they can definitely be considered "overrated" because die hard SWs fans eat up a lot that is released. some of it is trash can like the prequels and some of the novels (the ones considered canon). Jedi is a tad overrated but A New Hope and Empire are two of the greatest sci-fi movies of all time. not looking at the special edition edits the special effects are underrated in the original trilogy, I mean when you look at other sci-fi movies from the 70's and 80's they blow almost everything out of the water. the acting in ANH and Empire is exceptionally good for an outer space drama. depends on what you're comparing the entire saga to. I can only guess that you think the hype train is not warranted but allow me to digress...Episode VII could be over hyped but then again you have to wait for the movie to drop first before saying that. the formula is there, it looks great on paper you have to admit Mogula.

put it this way....you've got a very good screen writer in Lawrence Kasdan (Empire, Raiders of the Lost Arc, Silverado) and executive producer Kathleen Kennedy (E.T., Poltergeist, The Goonies). they've been at this for decades.

ILM special effects backed by Disney money. the only way you could screw it up is with an uninspired director and bad casting. JJ, love him or hate him, is an "actors director" not like Lucas was, not even close lol. and about that cast?

you've got (currently) my favorite actor Oscar Isaac ("Inside Llewyn Davis" and the very underrated "A Most Violent Year"), Max Von Sydow (who famously in his career played both Jesus AND the devil lol), a rejuvenated Harrison Ford, creepy ass Adam Driver as your main villain, Gwendolyn Christie (from Game Of Thrones), the brilliant and completely insane Andy Serkis and Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong'o. now that's a recipe for a very good movie.

we will honestly have to wait and see if this argument holds water, but as of right now? it's warranted.