Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Star Wars Hype Train

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

A more spoilerific collection of thoughts now that the movie is out for pretty much all of us not living under a rock:
► Show Spoiler
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

► Show Spoiler
my new ranking, in order: ESB, ANH, TFA, RTJ, RTS, ATC, TPM.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Busty McCracken on Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Listen to All Them Witches
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

No.
Don't mow your lawn
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

UndKeineZwEier wrote:No.
Haha, cheers. I got there in the end. Hardly see the point in spoilers anyway. If youre a fan and go into star wars related forums before seeing the movie ya kinda asking for it.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by nxrm on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Seeing it today with my kid, IMAX 3D. I'll check the recent posts here after that and add my review.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

You named your kid IMAX 3D?
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:You named your kid IMAX 3D?
:)
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yes. In retrospect it wasn't a wise move.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Kittaan wrote:Yes. In retrospect it wasn't a wise move.
Naming ya kid Imax 3d or the movie?? :?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Well, we enjoyed the movie overall. Couldn't help feeling like it was largely rehashed and laden with too many callbacks (there's a litany...). I can appreciate the linkage, but it also pulls you out of the current story and worst of all, it feels like a missed opportunity.

IMAX 3D was pissed that we saw the movie on a tiny screen compared to what he's used to. C'est la vie.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Kittaan wrote:Well, we enjoyed the movie overall. Couldn't help feeling like it was largely rehashed and laden with too many callbacks (there's a litany...). I can appreciate the linkage, but it also pulls you out of the current story and worst of all, it feels like a missed opportunity.

IMAX 3D was pissed that we saw the movie on a tiny screen compared to what he's used to. C'est la vie.
it's pretty much a setup movie. he had to catch up 30 years using old actors who don't work much and simultaneously develop new cornerstone characters to set up two more movies in just 2 hours and 15 minutes. no one could have done a better job in my opinion. it's like NY Giant fans calling for Coughlin to be fired. okay I'm with you, move him out but for WHO? who's stepping in? it's like okay JJ did a good job, he kinda pulled it off, it could've been better... but who was going to make that leap and bridge the previous 6 movies? who would've done a better job? who was going to write and direct a movie that no one really wanted to touch? even George Lucas! lol. directors were terrified to even attempt it, trust me on that. looking at it in that way you'd have to say it was a success (at the least) cinematically, monetarily.

I read reviews on that "rehashed" statement that's making the rounds, yeah it felt a lot like Star Wars, uhhhh because it is Star Wars. "it paralleled the previous story too much", well it isn't the previous story, it is the same story. it's a Skywalker Saga through and through from Episode I (which "critics" said was not enough like the original Trilogy) and Episode VII (which 5% of "critics" are saying is too much like the original Trilogy). I mean come on now, give me a fucking break already. :lol:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Im finding the interwebz criticisms of , alot of the moments are too convenient for a large galaxy hilarious. , eg, whats the odds of the new droid landing right near Rey & same goes for Finn landing there. Also of Han & Chewie finding the Falcon etc as soon as it takes flight etc.

Uh, whats the odds of Obi Wen being there to help luke with the sand people (this wasnt explained until 32 years later in Episode 3.

Whats the odds of R2 landing right near Luke & passing on a message from his sister no less.

I think alot of people dont realise, the original trilogy was filled with conveniences like the ones on display here. They also had some terrible acting and shitty dialogue too.

I understand Kittans gripe that the movie paralleled A New Hope too much. personally didn't bother me at all. Just loved seeing the falcon flying around in a new movie again. Just different expectations I guess.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Never tell me the odds.

Also the odds are greatly influenced by the Force I expect
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Well, we ended up seeing it four times this weekend. Yes, four. We went to a Saturday matinee and then snuck into another theater to do it again. My favorite viewing was this morning with our friend's son. We turned him onto all that is SW in Sept for his 5th birthday. He decided then he wanted to be R2D2 for Halloween. His parents made him a kick ass life sized R2 costume. Today was the hilghlight. With each viewing we saw more than we did before. I loved all the throwbacks to the originals.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I saw it, it was fun. I actually got a scene spoiled for me by some fucking asshole so that sucked.

I thought Rey was cool as all hell.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Well, we ended up seeing it four times this weekend. Yes, four. We went to a Saturday matinee and then snuck into another theater to do it again. My favorite viewing was this morning with our friend's son. We turned him onto all that is SW in Sept for his 5th birthday. He decided then he wanted to be R2D2 for Halloween. His parents made him a kick ass life sized R2 costume. Today was the hilghlight. With each viewing we saw more than we did before. I loved all the throwbacks to the originals.
I love the fact you've seen it four time already, yes I'm using the "L" word.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:I saw it, it was fun. I actually got a scene spoiled for me by some fucking asshole so that sucked.

I thought Rey was cool as all hell.
see I'd actually resort to physical violence if that happened to me.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

And yes, it was that scene.
Hey! Denty!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

Finally saw it today. I cried at least ten times. I gripped and shook my fist at the screen as it ended. It was way too short. It needed to be twice as long and go into a lot more detail. My biggest gripes are
► Show Spoiler
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

blacksabbath wrote:Finally saw it today. I cried at least ten times. I gripped and shook my fist at the screen as it ended. It was way too short. It needed to be twice as long and go into a lot more detail. My biggest gripes are
► Show Spoiler
Just got back from taking the missus old man to go see it, making this my 2nd viewing. Was driving in there thinking to myself that it might be a bit much seeing it for a 2nd time in 3 days & hoped I wasn't just getting caught up in the hype by enjoying it so much 1st time around. Can honestly say I enjoyed it even more on 2nd viewing.

Now that I had got the whole, holy fuck is this actually happening thing out of my system, I was able to just sit back and take it all in as an actual movie. There's just so many things to love for fans that have grown up with the trilogy & I honestly feel sorry for those that haven't been able to get into it much coz for me it's just about got everything I could have hoped for.
► Show Spoiler
And Raven, ya poor bastard... not THAT scene!!! :x
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

blacksabbath wrote:Finally saw it today. I cried at least ten times. I gripped and shook my fist at the screen as it ended. It was way too short. It needed to be twice as long and go into a lot more detail. My biggest gripes are
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler