Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Re: Star Wars Hype Train

Post by Calfium Jay »

► Show Spoiler
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:Finally saw it today. I cried at least ten times. I gripped and shook my fist at the screen as it ended. It was way too short. It needed to be twice as long and go into a lot more detail. My biggest gripes are
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

blacksabbath wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:Finally saw it today. I cried at least ten times. I gripped and shook my fist at the screen as it ended. It was way too short. It needed to be twice as long and go into a lot more detail. My biggest gripes are
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I wouldn't have said the movie was too long, but there were certainly parts I thought were long or unnecessary, while other parts could have been elaborated on.

I hope it gets a full directors cut release at some point though.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I agree. There were times I was thinking, "why are you showing me this? We won't have enough time for the good stuff!"
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:I wouldn't have said the movie was too long, but there were certainly parts I thought were long or unnecessary, while other parts could have been elaborated on.

I hope it gets a full directors cut release at some point though.
won't have to wait too long for the deleted scenes!! can't wait for Rian Johnson's take on this. Episode VIII should run 2:20 - 2:30 if they do it right. I mean the table is set, you got a new chef and the dinner guest is Benicio Del Toro?! wow.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars ... ay/141431/
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Movie/TV News

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

20 minutes of deleted scenes from The Force Awakens will make it to Blu Ray. spoiler alert in the link. here's the scenes broken down real nice like...
► Show Spoiler
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

^This is what the whole galaxy would be doing every Saturday night if the Empire had won the war.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

apparently there is going to be something weird that's never been done in the saga before with episode 8. I'm feeling good about it too. I'm ok with the rehashing in 7 as long as it's all set up for what will be 2 very intense and exciting movies. I really want 8 to be a 2 parter, each 3 hours in length. But that will not happen. Although, it could and nobody would not go see them if that were the case. I would go see 7 ten more times if it was more in depth, but I'll probably just go a couple more times.
I'm going tomorrow with my brother who doesn't really know shit about Star Wars, I think he'll enjoy it. he just wants to see a blockbuster and be entertained. he likes big action, cutting edge CGI, violence and method acting. he's fairly easy to please when it comes to movies, I'm guessing Episode VII should do the trick. I've seen it in three times: straight 3D with the reclining seats, 70MM IMAX 3D and now a 3D with the lazy boy chairs (no reclining though, which is odd, why not go the full 9 yards?). should be a good time.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

There are rumors that the first line in the film was JJ's jab at Lucas. My other half told me this as we were about to watch it for the sixth time. When I heard it, I literally laughed out loud.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:There are rumors that the first line in the film was JJ's jab at Lucas. My other half told me this as we were about to watch it for the sixth time. When I heard it, I literally laughed out loud.
► Show Spoiler
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Star Wars Hype Train

Post by blacksabbath »

After seeing it twice and mulling it over. All I can say is that I love it as fan, but am truly disappointed too.
Last edited by blacksabbath on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
badkittygothgirl wrote:There are rumors that the first line in the film was JJ's jab at Lucas. My other half told me this as we were about to watch it for the sixth time. When I heard it, I literally laughed out loud.
► Show Spoiler

I saw it more as a nod to the fans and their displeasure with the prequels. Still, it made me LOL.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

You've seen it six times??

Anybody here able to beat that?? I've heard some crazy shit here and there about people seeing it a ridiculous number of times. Personally I've only gone once.

Anyone know or know of anyone who has seen it a shitload?? Maybe you've read about some idiot who's seen it thirty times already??

Be interesting to see what the record number of times is....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Calfium Jay wrote:

You've seen it six times??

Anybody here able to beat that?? I've heard some crazy shit here and there about people seeing it a ridiculous number of times. Personally I've only gone once.

Anyone know or know of anyone who has seen it a shitload?? Maybe you've read about some idiot who's seen it thirty times already??

Be interesting to see what the record number of times is....
3 times in theaters and I watched the bootleg maybe twice, definitely can't beat six times lol. I saw the Dark Knight in theaters 4 times, Revenge of the Sith 4 times, The Return of the King 5 times. TROTK was a mission because it's like 3 hours long. I genuinely enjoyed that one all 5 times I saw it. I think it actually won the Academy Award for best picture that year, which blew my mind.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I've never seen a movie more than twice in the theaters. Overall I think I've seen maybe 10 movies twice on the big screen, but that's probably too high of a guess.

Unless someone really wants me to go with them I won't be seeing this one again.
Hey! Denty!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

I saw Trainspotting in the theaters at least half a dozen times, and I'm still a big fan of that film.

I've seen TFA in theaters twice now, but that's going to be it.

Hopefully the next one is better.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

To be clear, I liked TFA just fine. It's just that I'm totally fine with my second viewing being when it comes out on blu ray, online, etc.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I saw Avatar 23 times in theaters.

Not on purpose though.
Don't mow your lawn
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

I know it sounds crazy, but yes.
#1 premiere night

#2 and #3 Opening weekend. Saturday matinee because we had to see it one more time. Left our theater and walked right into another one. Two for the price of one.

#4 Had to go with our friends and their 5 yr old that we introduced to SW. Sunday morning show and discovered there is a poster series being given away the first four Sundays. Got a free poster...1 of 4.

#5 In laws in town for Xmas went Sunday morning for poster 2 of 4. Found out posters are for IMAX only showings.

#6 Poster 3 of 4

#7 and most likely the final time, this Sunday for poster 4 of 4. Fortunately we found a theater near home that has $9 IMAX 3D tickets.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Twice for me, will go a 3rd time though before the run finishes coz movies like this are far more enjoyable at the movies, seeing as I havent got a fancy home entertainment system.
Listen to All Them Witches
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:I know it sounds crazy, but yes.
#1 premiere night

#2 and #3 Opening weekend. Saturday matinee because we had to see it one more time. Left our theater and walked right into another one. Two for the price of one.

#4 Had to go with our friends and their 5 yr old that we introduced to SW. Sunday morning show and discovered there is a poster series being given away the first four Sundays. Got a free poster...1 of 4.

#5 In laws in town for Xmas went Sunday morning for poster 2 of 4. Found out posters are for IMAX only showings.

#6 Poster 3 of 4

#7 and most likely the final time, this Sunday for poster 4 of 4. Fortunately we found a theater near home that has $9 IMAX 3D tickets.
9 bones for 3D IMAX? WTF?! did they project it on a barn somewhere? did you have to fight a troop of kangaroos to get in? :lol:
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Hahahaha. We got plenty of bang for our buck. Talked with a friend tonight and he mentioned bluray release in April.