Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Star Wars Hype Train

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I was in Best Buy today and they were selling preorders for digital copies which I thought was odd.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I was in Best Buy today and they were selling preorders for digital copies which I thought was odd.
Pre-ordering on digital seems quite weird, unless there's some kind of incentive. I know you can pre-order it on Google Play, though I'd be more likely to pick up a hard copy.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Well I finally got to see the movie for the first time tonight I assume I am the last person on Earth to see it, my plan to avoid the big crowds early seemed to stretch out a bit further than I would have liked (x-mas and back to work etc)... Thankfully I managed to avoid learning anything about it (which is a miracle really), and I have just spent the last 15 minutes reading through this thread.

Overall, I absolutely loved it... I thought the characters were excellent. I liked the weaknesses in Kylo Ren, his temper and that his ability to control the force wasn't as powerful as he wanted (or outwardly projected). I also thought Rey was a great character, I am really looking forward to how their stories develop in the next film. I also couldn't wipe the smile off my face when the Falcon fired up (I still have my original big Millennium Falcon toy from the early 80's)... I thought when Rey was flying it through the desert on Jakku it was awesome...

I agree with others who said they would have liked it to go on longer, once you get into that world it is a shame to have to come back...
Be good to each other.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Awesome!! I'm still finding new ings with each viewing. No one wants to leave the SW world. I guess that might also be why we keep going back to the theater.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Awesome!! I'm still finding new ings with each viewing. No one wants to leave the SW world. I guess that might also be why we keep going back to the theater.
how about the crazy flashback sequence?! everytime I see it I miss something. apparently they got Yoda's voice, young Obi saying "these are your first steps", old Obi saying "REY". I was like whaaaaaat. awesome stuffs.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
badkittygothgirl wrote:Awesome!! I'm still finding new ings with each viewing. No one wants to leave the SW world. I guess that might also be why we keep going back to the theater.
how about the crazy flashback sequence?! everytime I see it I miss something. apparently they got Yoda's voice, young Obi saying "these are your first steps", old Obi saying "REY". I was like whaaaaaat. awesome stuffs.
I missed all of that I was concentrating on the visuals... I can't wait to go and see it again, probably tomorrow.... I woke up this morning still buzzing... Some of the scenes were so cool, I loved the shot of the Tie Fighters flying in with the sun behind them as they were about to attack on Takodana...
Be good to each other.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

PimPle wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
I missed all of that I was concentrating on the visuals... I can't wait to go and see it again, probably tomorrow.... I woke up this morning still buzzing... Some of the scenes were so cool, I loved the shot of the Tie Fighters flying in with the sun behind them as they were about to attack on Takodana...
that was very Apocalypse Now, wasn't it? I was digging that big time. how about the X-Wings tearing up the water at low altitude on their way to Maz's castle? that was sick. "don't let these slugs scare you!", fucking Oscar Isaac as a complementary character was a great choice. of course I'd like to see him get more screen time, him being my favorite new actor in Hollywood and all, but I thought his presence in the scene's he did have was incredibly impactfull. I'm guessing Benicio Del Toro in Episode VIII will have a similar role, short and severe.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

X wings on the water was reminiscent of the calvary coming in and the dust kicking up as they arrive.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Spoilers: Palpatine is Rey's father. She is immortal, and will turn to the dark side in the next film and make lots of sith babies with Kylo Ren.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

lo7us wrote:Spoilers: Palpatine is Rey's father. She is immortal, and will turn to the dark side in the next film and make lots of sith babies with Kylo Ren.
will they show HD insert shots? is so I'm IN, no pun intended...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My prediction for the trilogy overall is that Kylo Ren will come good, and Rey will turn bad.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

That would be pretty lame.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Why? The world needs more evil Sith women
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I like her as the hero and they've already done the "Jedi turns Sith" shtick.
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I know she's not technically Jedi but you know what I mean.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:they've already done the "Jedi turns Sith" shtick.
They've done it quite poorly, I'd like to see it done better.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

They've already done the Death Star 3 times, enough of repeating themes/storylines/etc.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's Star Wars - I suspect your wish of not wanting repeating themes/storylines will only lead to anguish. This will ultimately lead you to the dark side.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Gross
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:My prediction for the trilogy overall is that Kylo Ren will come good, and Rey will turn bad.

Ren will "come good" - before dying.

Leia will die.

Maz Kanata will die.

Rey will give birth.

Poe will become a general.

Finn will become leader of the resistance.

Snoke will die - but not before killing a major character.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I actually think that Finn is going to have force powers and eventually turn evil as Kylo turns good. Also, he will kill Kylo because the guilt of killing his father will make him weak. Kylo will have a romance with Rey because they are not related and this will break Finn's heart, unleashing his rage and connect him to the Darkside.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Just ordered one of these off eBay. So excited!

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Is that a fleshlight?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

No, it's a lollypop.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Colin Trevorrow , director of Jurassic World and Star Wars: Episode IX

"A story must evolve or perish, and Rian and I are working closely together to make sure our stories build off of each other and continue to evolve and take us to new places, and I think that’s what the fans expect and what they want."

now THAT'S a fucking quote. my man.