Movie/TV News

Movies, TV and other video based media
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Movie/TV News

Post by liz »

I watched Boyhood this week. It is a fascinating movie, watching this young man grow in the space of this film is quite something. As someone who has raised a child to adulthood I found it very thought provoking.

And the news here for those that missed it, is that I watched a film. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

my cousin's new documentary. enjoy!

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:my cousin's new documentary. enjoy!

Cool, hope it works out for that guy.
Professor of Lesbian Science
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

ziggy23 wrote:[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
awesome nonsense. I love it.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

^

Does seem like fun - in an "I'm bored and it's raining and it's Saturday afternoon and nobody is around and I feel like watching a dumb action film" kind of way.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:^

Does seem like fun - in an "I'm bored and it's raining and it's Saturday afternoon and nobody is around and I feel like watching a dumb action film" kind of way.
Maybe allowing yourself one of the five cigs you allow yourself a week halfway through.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Calfium Jay wrote:^

you nailed it sir.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

--On July 11, 2014, in a Reddit AMA, Del Toro said, "Well, you know, we don't have that movie on the horizon, but the idea for it was to have Hellboy finally come to terms with the fact that his destiny, his inevitable destiny, is to become the beast of the Apocalypse, and having him and Liz face the sort of, that part of his nature, and he has to do it, in order to be able to ironically vanquish the foe that he has to face in the 3rd film. He has to become the best of the Apocalypse to be able to defend humanity, but at the same time he becomes a much darker being. It's a very interesting ending to the series, but I don't think it will happen. ... We have gone through basically every studio and asked for financing, and they are not interested. I think that the first movie made its budget back, and a little bit of profit, but then it was very very big on video and DVD. The story repeated itself with the second already, it made its money back at the box office, but a small margin of profit in the release of the theatrical print, but was very very big on DVD and video. Sadly now from a business point of view all the studios know is that you don't have that safety net of the DVD and video, so they view the project as dangerous."

:cry:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Hey! Denty!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Del Toro is lately to much talking about movies he likes to make instead of actually making them. I mean he dropped The mountains of madness because of Prometheus was being made.
But he made Laberinto del Fauno, so I forgive him.

The trailer to Into the Woods looks good.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Have you been watching The Strain?

I'm enjoying it.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

ms2r and series don't match these days. Seriously, haven't followed a single serie since Heroes/Prison Break/Modern Family. And even that last one I haven't seen in two years now.

Game of Thrones I watched one season and then decided to stop with it. har har talk like a pirate day.

Watched 1 episode of Under the dome, how bad how bad. Watched some incidental episodes of Dexter & Breaking Bad. Nothing of the Sopranos. Or that other serie with those big names.

I think I have a problem with time management and watching these things, aka I like to do other stuff with my time.

But the strain got some good feedback I heard.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I watched the pilot and it was probably the worst thing I've watched all year. It was boring and cliched as all hell. The vampire stuff was interesting but that was at most ten minutes of the 90 minute episode. The rest was just varying degrees of awful.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

"PENNY DREADFUL".

I'm not going to say anything more. Wait, yes, I will: If you like good things and enjoy entertainment, watch all of this.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

LIAR
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Penny Dreadful was kind of a mess structurally, but I enjoyed it for the most part. There was one storyline I really didn't care for, but for the most part I liked it. It's a good show and I have faith that they can sand down the rough edges in season 2 and make it a great show. I say it gets an 8/10.
Don't mow your lawn
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Penny Dreadful was kind of a mess structurally, but I enjoyed it for the most part. There was one storyline I really didn't care for, but for the most part I liked it. It's a good show and I have faith that they can sand down the rough edges in season 2 and make it a great show. I say it gets an 8/10.
I could gently and peacefully fall asleep if I were pressed against Eva Green's ample bosoms.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a fucking trailer for this.

“Inherent Vice” is the seventh feature from Paul Thomas Anderson and the first ever film adaption of a Thomas Pynchon novel.

Joaquin Phoenix (“The Master,” “Walk the Line”), Josh Brolin (“True Grit,” “No Country For Old Men”), Owen Wilson (“The Royal Tennenbaums,” “Midnight in Paris”); Katherine Waterston (“Michael Clayton,” “Boardwalk Empire”); Reese Witherspoon (“Walk the Line”) and Benicio Del Toro (“Traffic”); Martin Short (“Frankenweenie”); Jena Malone (“The Hunger Games” series); Eric Roberts ("The Pope Of Greenwich Village"), Michael K. Williams ("Chalky White", Boardwalk Empire) and musician Joanna Newsom.

Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

^

YES.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Inherent Vice looks so goddamn good. Thank heavens for PTA.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

thank heaven's for Fourth Eye members who love PTA. :lol:
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

PTA is the dictionary definition of entry level cinema. He not only steals from better directors, but he does it without any irony like Tarantino.

I am personally fine with it though. Because through PTA, all these freshmen college students will discover Robert Altman, who was the real deal. They will discover Scorsese, the most important American film director of our time, they will discover Kubrick, and the Coen Bros.

Through Altman, they will discover Renoir, through Kubrick, they will discover Ophuls, Scorsese to Fellini. Suddenly they realize PTA was just a child with no original thoughts in his head, that his films just revolve around quoting better directors while adding epic catch phrases like "I drink your milkshake!" and "Pig fuck!"

Really there is no bigger clue in to how meaningless his cinema is when the only thing people discuss when mentioning his movies are 'le epic catch phrases, dude!'

Hard Eight - "I want to make a film like Melville"
Boogie Nights - "I want to make films like Altman and Scorsese"
Magnolia - "I want to make films like Altman still"
PDL - "I want to do my own thing, despite the fact that I can't write interesting dialogue"
TWBB - "I want to make a film like Wilder, but I'll add my own visual style and cast someone who overacts"
The Master - "I want to do what I did last time, but I want to do it my own way. This'll have substance, though. The dialogue will still suffer, however. This is also the only film I'll make that pisses Hollywood off."
Inherent Vice - "I want to be the Coen brothers"