Movie/TV News

Movies, TV and other video based media
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Movie/TV News

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:are those pyrotechnics at the end? or CGI? I honestly can't tell. sick!!
Given how CGI heavy the rest of the trailer looks, I'm skpetical that it'd be real effects.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:are those pyrotechnics at the end? or CGI? I honestly can't tell. sick!!
Given how CGI heavy the rest of the trailer looks, I'm skpetical that it'd be real effects.
maybe a mix? still, it looks brilliant.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Maybe I am just a grumpy fuck, but am I the only one sick of all these remakes? Are they really out of ideas that they have to bring back classics and redo them? There is no need for it in this case.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:
ziggy23 wrote: unfortunately I didn't.
btw, the final trailer
I hope it's good. The final trailers haven't really impressed me as much as the initial ones to be honest.

Yeah. It all started to fall apart around the time we first heard any of the characters open their mouths and speak!

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I think it's a sequel not a remake.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:I think it's a sequel not a remake.
Yeah, Fury Road is clearly not a remake, as anyone who'd seen the originals would realise.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:
Yeah. It all started to fall apart around the time we first heard any of the characters open their mouths and speak!

:|
The script and acting doesn't bother me - it's an action flick so to have high expectations there are a little strange.

Just the look and feel of it seems odd. The original trailers had CGI, of that I have no doubt, but it seemed quite subtle. The newer trailers seem to be using it in a more over the top and unorganic manner, which is my main concern.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I haven't seen any of the trailers. But a sequel 30 years later?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

What does real world time have to do with movie time?
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

BlackHole83 wrote:I haven't seen any of the trailers. But a sequel 30 years later?
Seems like you're clutching at straws with your trolling today. I think you should take some time and think about it a little more carefully.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

It all looks TOO "rock'n'roll" if you get my drift....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:It all looks TOO "rock'n'roll" if you get my drift....
As long as Tina Turner is belting out a tune from that back of one of the cars I'm down.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Not sure what your on about, but whatever, knock yourself out.Not a big deal anyway. Carry on with the plan of the day.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Maybe I am just a grumpy fuck, but am I the only one sick of all these remakes?
it's not a remake
But a sequel 30 years later?
and it's not a sequel
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

just went to see Age Of Ultron in IMAX 3D in Manhattan, definitely the way to see it my friends. there is no other way, trust me. I gotta say I didn't really know who Elizabeth Olsen was and she is a bad ass, Scarlett Witch might have stolen the show for real. her powers on film are truly remarkable to see, Quicksilver as well. Paul Bettany as the Vision also received a shit more screen time that I had imagined. the trailer made it look like he was a little more than a cameo, definitely not the case. Thor took his shirt off so my mom was pleased, my dad actually said "far out man" like an old hippie when the city was raised into the air. seeing my (ahem)...GIRLFRIEND...(ahem) explain who Thanos was made me want to marry her lol. I'd definitely rank the first Avengers, Guardians and Winter Soldier above Ultron but it was close. a shit load of action and just the right breaks of story. it DID had a pulse though, a big boo to all the negative critics, it showed a lot of heart. the Hulk/Black Widow side story was pretty relevant and complimented the movie very well.

major highlights were (1) the Hulk vs Iron Man battle (2) Andy Serkis cameo (3) the Vision's birth and (4) Ultron raising the entire city to the sky. the climax in IMAX (lol) or the third act was INCREDIBLE. this is where the 3D/sound effects really rang bells and pushed the 6/10 to a solid 8/10 for me. plus they didn't drag out the wrap up at the end. when everyone goes their separate ways you kind of get teased for Civil War and ultimately during end credits for the Infinity Wars.

it was also quite funny, not just the clever one liners (which get tired after 10 or so movies) but the entire party scene in the beginning was hilarious. undoubtedly worth the price of admission (which including rail road, subway and IMAX tickets ran me about $150+, but it was a mothers day gift so it was okay). after all the banter on here I tried HARD to look at it sceptically and tried to see what people did not like about it. I think maybe the set and setting is what made it such a banging experience for the four of us. sometimes that makes all the difference.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

oh and the fucking Force Awakens, Jurassic Park and Batman v. Superman trailers in IMAX 3D rocked the house!!! holy shitballs!! they also ran a 10 minute scene from "Tomorrow World" or "Tomorrow Land" whatever, with George Clooney and that beauty from Under The Dome. that movie looks cool as hell.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Elizabeth Olsen is the younger sister of the Olsen twins. She's a really good actress, you should check her out in the Old Boy remake that came out a few years ago.

Glad you had fun. I saw Ultron in a regular theater and I really enjoyed it so I'd guess it's not just cause of the IMAX experience.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:Elizabeth Olsen is the younger sister of the Olsen twins. She's a really good actress, you should check her out in the Old Boy remake that came out a few years ago.

Glad you had fun. I saw Ultron in a regular theater and I really enjoyed it so I'd guess it's not just cause of the IMAX experience.
I dig remakes, I do. but I gotta say that there was no need for an Old Boy american version. maybe I'll give it a whirl based on your review, I do like her.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Last edited by hellboy on Wed May 13, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unembedded
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

What's a yotch? And why to do we care about TMNT2?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:What's a yotch? And why to do we care about TMNT2?
that's my excuse for posting pics of her in tight jeans, this is the movie thread. you took the tit thread down and put it in the basement somewhere so this is my loophole.

hey here's some movie news, Megan Fox is doing a Teenage Mutant something or other movie....yeah, it's going to be a movie. that's my topic...did I mention Megan Fox is in it. oh who is Megan Fox? I'm glad you asked...here's some pictures of her...she's an actress...in movies.........in the movie thread..... ;) ;) ;)

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/ass ... 23bf_m.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2010/s ... 00x400.jpg

http://free2013.com/images/Megan-Fox-Se ... D-2013.jpg

http://web-images.chacha.com/images/why ... 00x436.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 0-1200.jpg
Last edited by hellboy on Wed May 13, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unembedded
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I freaking love Megan Fox.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, but what's a yotch?

I'm going to remove those images though, that whole NSFW thing and all. Links ok, embedded NSFW images not so much. That's she's hot is irrelevant.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

No clue on the definition of yotch here.
Hey! Denty!