What are you watching? Film/TV

Movies, TV and other video based media
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, those Pierce Brosnan ones are almost unwatchable to me. After years of Brosnans and Dalton's, Daniel Craig is a good option. I've enjoyed all the Bond's he's been in.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I just watched It Follows. It's pretty god damn great.

Aside from the final 15 minutes, it was a pretty decent flick. Although it must be asked, as a buddy of mine pointed out, why do they feel the need in these types of films for every single character to be "impossibly beautiful"? It doesn't ring true and often feels like yr watching an advertisement for hipster jeans or cologne. Everyone, even the token "geek", is just so effortlessly....gorgeous.

Sometimes some grittiness and everyday "ordinary unattractiveness" doesn't go astray.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Jay, did you see St. Vincent? Nary a pretty face in that movie. I thought it was pretty well made, if a bit sappy in places. Damn good cast.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Just finished watching The Town starring and directed by everyone's favorite Batman. It was pretty good, though somewhat predictable and formulaic. 7/10
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Town was directed by George Clooney?
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:The Town was directed by George Clooney?
No, Adam West.
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

I would watch Adam West in a soap commercial. He's THAT good.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

You know, the really should have cast Schwarzenegger as Batman, and Clooney as Dr Freeze - that would have worked.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

[youtube][/youtube]

awesome.

awesome.

Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Maggie-

Was expecting another run of the mill zombie movie instead it was anything but. I've never seen Arnold in a role like this and I thought he did really well. 7/10

I also saw Gone Girl again. Holy guacamole she's even scarier the second time around. Great acting by Rosamund Pike.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:Maggie-

Was expecting another run of the mill zombie movie instead it was anything but. I've never seen Arnold in a role like this and I thought he did really well. 7/10

I also saw Gone Girl again. Holy guacamole she's even scarier the second time around. Great acting by Rosamund Pike.
Maggie was EXCELLENT.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

attention Calfium, Kittaan, Raven, Bad Kitty and Uncle Matt. I saw a great movie this past weekend on Netflix, called "The Way Back" from 2010. trust me on this....check it out. true story about a WWII prison camp in Siberia. these guys escape and cross the Siberian wilderness, the Mongolian border, the Gobi desert and the fucking Himalayan mountains to India ON FOOT!! DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER, it shows wayyyyyy to much of the plot.

starring Colin Farrell, Ed Harris, Saoirse Ronan (Hanna) and Mark Strong (Robin Hood).

directed by Peter Weir who did Witness (w/ Harrison Ford), The Dead Poets Society, The Truman Show and Master and Commander: Far Side Of The World (which was a dope flick w/ Russell Crow).

lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Re watching all of the Breaking Bad series. Almost on season 3 after a week.

/Calls saul
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'll give it a whirl, NYHC. I'll let you know when I do.
Hey! Denty!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:...I saw a great movie this past weekend on Netflix, called "The Way Back" from 2010. trust me on this....check it out. true story about a WWII prison camp in Siberia. these guys escape and cross the Siberian wilderness, the Mongolian border, the Gobi desert and the fucking Himalayan mountains to India ON FOOT!! DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER, it shows wayyyyyy to much of the plot.

starring Colin Farrell, Ed Harris, Saoirse Ronan (Hanna) and Mark Strong (Robin Hood).

directed by Peter Weir who did Witness (w/ Harrison Ford), The Dead Poets Society, The Truman Show and Master and Commander: Far Side Of The World (which was a dope flick w/ Russell Crow).
If you haven't already seen it I highly recommend checking out 'Rabbit Proof Fence', another movie based on a true story of a long and harrowing journey. The Peter Gabriel soundtrack is pretty cool as well.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

nxrm wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:...I saw a great movie this past weekend on Netflix, called "The Way Back" from 2010. trust me on this....check it out. true story about a WWII prison camp in Siberia. these guys escape and cross the Siberian wilderness, the Mongolian border, the Gobi desert and the fucking Himalayan mountains to India ON FOOT!! DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER, it shows wayyyyyy to much of the plot.

If you haven't already seen it I highly recommend checking out 'Rabbit Proof Fence', another movie based on a true story of a long and harrowing journey. The Peter Gabriel soundtrack is pretty cool as well.
just downloaded Peter Gabriel's discography for my friend so it can add it to the Sonos for the summertime backyard bonanzas.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

I just finished watching the documentary 'The Salt of the Earth.' It's about the life and work of Brazilian photographer Sebastião Salgado, and directed by Wim Wenders and Juliano Ribeiro Salgado (the photographer's son).

I really can't recommend this one enough. It's definitely worth checking out.

lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Mr Robot is the best show on the tele atm
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:I saw a great movie this past weekend on Netflix, called "The Way Back" from 2010. trust me on this....check it out. true story about a WWII prison camp in Siberia. these guys escape and cross the Siberian wilderness, the Mongolian border, the Gobi desert and the fucking Himalayan mountains to India ON FOOT!!
I watched this earlier tonight, thanks for the recommendation.

I thought it was a good movie, but...having read a bit about it online afterwards, it appears there may not be much truth to any of it. Not just the movie adaptation of the book, but the actual story.

Still glad I watched it though. Thanks again!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

With the misspell and all, still kinda cool.

Adam took notice! Very honored.
Tool made it into Elliot's hack book* on "Mr Robot"
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I just watched Pontypool earlier. It's directed by Bruce McDonald who's directing the upcoming Hellions, which I posted about in another thread. It's a cool little film about a sort of zombie virus that spreads through language.

Don't mow your lawn
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I just watched Pontypool earlier. It's directed by Bruce McDonald who's directing the upcoming Hellions, which I posted about in another thread. It's a cool little film about a sort of zombie virus that spreads through language.

I liked Pontypool. Strange and intense.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

I saw Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation the other day. It was surprisingly quite good.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Surprisingly?

The Mission: Impossible series is one of the few movie series that actually gets better with each sequel.
Don't mow your lawn