What are you watching? Film/TV

Movies, TV and other video based media
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Post by Calfium Jay »

ziggy23 wrote:[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Funny, I've just finished watching Tarkovsky's The Mirror.....which is a freakin' brilliant film in it's own right.

Imagine if Lynch and Bergman teamed up to film a Sylvia Plath novel...

!!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Calfium Jay wrote:
ziggy23 wrote:[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Funny, I've just finished watching Tarkovsky's The Mirror.....which is a freakin' brilliant film in it's own right.

Imagine if Lynch and Bergman teamed up to film a Sylvia Plath novel...

!!
I always thought Plath was a poet?
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

She wrote The Bell Jar.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Deadpool

I'm really glad I saw this with a couple of friends who don't normally watch comic movies, one of them we basically had to drag him to this. They both ended up liking this a lot.

The gist is this, if you like comic movies chances are great that you'll like this a lot. If you don't, honestly there's still a good chance you will. Give it a shot at some point. This is the character Ryan Reynolds was born to play. I know that'll get some of you alls eyes rolling but it is true.

For those unfamiliar with Deadpool, he can be somewhat described as this: REALLY crazy + funny + REALLY violent + Ferris Buehler. I had a blast watching it and plan on giving it another whirl soon.

No rating yet, but in comic movie ranks after first view I'd put it only below Avengers, Winter Soldier, TDK, and DOFP.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

What is DFOP?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Doctor Fist O'Puncho
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:What is DFOP?
My bad. X-Men: Days of Future Past
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Doctor Fist O'Puncho
I'd watch a movie with that title.
Hey! Denty!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Now watching: The X-Files - Babylon
S10 Ep5
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

I hate comic book movies. I am so fucking sick of them. I am so thankful we had some legit quality flicks this year like The Martian, Mad Max Fury Road, Spectre and The Revenant. Every time I see another comic book movie announced a little part of me dies inside.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:I hate comic book movies. I am so fucking sick of them. I am so thankful we had some legit quality flicks this year like The Martian, Mad Max Fury Road, Spectre and The Revenant. Every time I see another comic book movie announced a little part of me dies inside.
you'd dig The Big Short. did you see it yet?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:Deadpool

I'm really glad I saw this with a couple of friends who don't normally watch comic movies, one of them we basically had to drag him to this. They both ended up liking this a lot.

The gist is this, if you like comic movies chances are great that you'll like this a lot. If you don't, honestly there's still a good chance you will. Give it a shot at some point. This is the character Ryan Reynolds was born to play. I know that'll get some of you alls eyes rolling but it is true.

For those unfamiliar with Deadpool, he can be somewhat described as this: REALLY crazy + funny + REALLY violent + Ferris Buehler. I had a blast watching it and plan on giving it another whirl soon.

No rating yet, but in comic movie ranks after first view I'd put it only below Avengers, Winter Soldier, TDK, and DOFP.
it was good, not great. I definitely laughed out lout about 6 times though which was surprising. didn't think it would be THAT funny. the fight scenes were done really well too. no clue why this "father" brought his three daughters to see it, 8pm on a Wednesday night you see maybe a 2 year old, possible a 5 year old and I'm guessing an 8 year old with you to see THIS kind of movie? it's was uncomfortable to say the least. little girls shouldn't be brought to see a movie where a girl straps a dildo on and fucks her boyfriend in the ass. wtf?! lol. bad parenting skills to say the least.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

surprised by having presidents day off, so went to see a matinee of Deadpool. Really liked the movie and here is my obligatory wtf were you thinking story

Before the previews start, a guys comes in with his two sons, both between 8-11 years old. Didn't notice them at first, but did after one of them squealed, "batman!" as the Batman vs. Superman trailer started. Really noticed them because after each preview they had like 10 questions for dear old dad. So as they are yammering away, I am thinking to myself "Dude, you know this isn't going to be Iron Man, right?" and stifling the urge to scream "shut the fuck up!". Well, the movie finally starts and as Deadpool uses his final bullet in the opening scene, I hear one say "Daddy, I don't like this..." and all three get up and leave. I was watching this is in XD, so the dude just wasted like $25 for 8 minutes of movie.

Moral of the story? Read the fucking reviews and know your kids.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

I'm hooked!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Taking my little girl to see Deadpool! She's so excited!
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Taking my little girl to see Deadpool! She's so excited!
if you had a little girl "they" would take her away and give her to the Manson family first lol.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

You'd have to wonder why cinemas are selling tickets to Deadpool to people with kids as well. No to diminish parental responsibility, but they shouldn't be selling tickets to minors for R rated films (or in our case here in Oz MA15+)
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:You'd have to wonder why cinemas are selling tickets to Deadpool to people with kids as well. No to diminish parental responsibility, but they shouldn't be selling tickets to minors for R rated films (or in our case here in Oz MA15+)
here in the states an NC-17 rating would do it but that would suck for the 13 to 16 year old kids who would probably enjoy the humor in this movie the most. when I saw that dad bring in a girl with a pacifier in her mouth it was too much. where was the mother?! letting her 4 daughters under the age of 9 go to a movie with this father who looked like Poet from OZ.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I fell asleep during Revenant.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

liz wrote:I fell asleep during Revenant.
lol
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm surprised they had screenings of The Revenant at the retirement village.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:I'm surprised they had screenings of The Revenant at the retirement village.
hahaha. shots fired.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Monsters Inside Me

*squirms*
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I saw The VVitch last night. Very creepy and superbly-made flick. I've been waiting to see a horror movie like this for a long time. More psychological and genuinely disturbing than the dollar-bin crap they've been putting out for way too long.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

limeygringo wrote:I saw The VVitch last night. Very creepy and superbly-made flick. I've been waiting to see a horror movie like this for a long time. More psychological and genuinely disturbing than the dollar-bin crap they've been putting out for way too long.
That's good to hear. I don't typically watch horror films, but this one has me interested.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.