What are you watching? Film/TV

Movies, TV and other video based media
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: What are you watching? Film/TV

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

4 or 5 episodes into Daredevil S2 and I've only seen like 2 flips so far. Very nice. #CoolItWithTheFlips
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

So I just finished Daredevil Season 2 and overall I thought it was stronger than season 1. There were far fewer flips this season which made me pretty happy. I think Season 1 had some stronger moments, but I thought season 2 was more consistent. One thing that bugged me though is how everybody just started calling him Daredevil in the final episode. I may have missed it earlier, but I don't recall that name having been established at all before everybody started calling him that. It was bizarre. If this was established earlier please let me know because I don't recall that happening at all. That's not a spoiler so I'm not spoiling anything, I promise. Anyways here are some spoilers.
► Show Spoiler
That's all I got for now.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

► Show Spoiler
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I just re-watched the final episode of Season 1. The cop at the end asks him what he should call him and it cuts to a scene of Foggy holding the newspaper with "Daredevil" on it. So I'm guessing that's what he told the cop or the cop named him.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

[youtube][/youtube]
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:I just re-watched the final episode of Season 1. The cop at the end asks him what he should call him and it cuts to a scene of Foggy holding the newspaper with "Daredevil" on it. So I'm guessing that's what he told the cop or the cop named him.
Everybody just calls him "The Devil Of Hell's Kitchen" up until the penultimate episode when he becomes Daredevil.
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:I just re-watched the final episode of Season 1. The cop at the end asks him what he should call him and it cuts to a scene of Foggy holding the newspaper with "Daredevil" on it. So I'm guessing that's what he told the cop or the cop named him.
Everybody just calls him "The Devil Of Hell's Kitchen" up until the penultimate episode when he becomes Daredevil.
I've watched through episode 5 at this point, and there are a few things left hanging between the episodes that are puzzling (DD leaving The Punisher in the freight elevator, Karen in Castle's house as the car pulls up in the driveway...) Maybe these will be explained later on? I dunno...

I've also found myself getting bored and thinking, "Get on with it already!"...so I think I'm going to take a bit of a break and then let a couple days pass between each of the remaining episodes.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

xZ1mM3r wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
That was great! Not as great as that wall is going to be though. :)
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

nxrm wrote:(DD leaving The Punisher in the freight elevator, Karen in Castle's house as the car pulls up in the driveway...)
I don't think he left him in the elevator. I think it was implied that he escaped while DD was fighting those dudes. I'm pretty sure there's a quick shot of the front door being open after the fight that's supposed to imply that he escaped. I remember being confused about that when I watched that episode.

That second point is never really resolved. It never comes up again. It's weird. There's a lot of stuff like that in this season. There's another thing that comes up at the end of what I think is maybe the next episode that is HUGE and the show just kind of blows past it at the beginning of the following episode and it's never explained. I don't even think they talk about it again after that episode. There must've been some expository scenes that cut this season that were supposed to explain this stuff but those explanations never got put back into the season, so there's just some weird shit like that.
Don't mow your lawn
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Finally saw Deadpool. One of the best comic book movies I have seen. The soundtrack was the best since I watched Guardians of the Galaxy. So funny and great cinematography. Slammed a 24oz Coors(lol, I know it was on sale) and ate some edibles about an hour before the movie. The theater has reserved seating and they recline. Was a pleasant movie experience, haha.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I don't think he left him in the elevator. I think it was implied that he escaped while DD was fighting those dudes. I'm pretty sure there's a quick shot of the front door being open after the fight that's supposed to imply that he escaped. I remember being confused about that when I watched that episode.
Ah, that's what it was...an empty elevator. Sometimes scenes are so poorly lit I have a difficult time figuring out what's going on.
UndKeineZwEier wrote:That second point is never really resolved. It never comes up again. It's weird. There's a lot of stuff like that in this season. There's another thing that comes up at the end of what I think is maybe the next episode that is HUGE and the show just kind of blows past it at the beginning of the following episode and it's never explained. I don't even think they talk about it again after that episode. There must've been some expository scenes that cut this season that were supposed to explain this stuff but those explanations never got put back into the season, so there's just some weird shit like that.
Okay, good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I realize it's a TV show based on a comic book, so I shouldn't have such high expectations...but sometimes the lazy writing gets to me.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

the chill wrote:Finally saw Deadpool. One of the best comic book movies I have seen. The soundtrack was the best since I watched Guardians of the Galaxy. So funny and great cinematography. Slammed a 24oz Coors(lol, I know it was on sale) and ate some edibles about an hour before the movie. The theater has reserved seating and they recline. Was a pleasant movie experience, haha.
Okay, fine...I'll check it out. :D
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Batman v Superman

It feels like they tried to cram 3 different movies into it. Batfleck was pretty damn cool though.

6/10
Hey! Denty!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Ravenpig wrote:Batman v Superman

It feels like they tried to cram 3 different movies into it. Batfleck was pretty damn cool though.

6/10
I wasn't a big fan of 'Man of Steel' but I'm still a bit curious about this one (despite the mess the trailers indicate it's going to be).

I hear there's going to be an extended version of BvS though. Not sure if that'll be exclusive to the home video release, but perhaps that will help with the number of stories.

If they end up releasing the extended version in theaters, I'll probably check that out.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Is Man of Steel considered to be a crap movie? I don't remember it being that bad - I'd have given it about a 7/10.

That other Superman Returns remake was shit though.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:Is Man of Steel considered to be a crap movie? I don't remember it being that bad - I'd have given it about a 7/10.

That other Superman Returns remake was shit though.
Funny, I actually enjoyed Superman Returns...primarily because of how reminiscent it is of the first two films. That's just nostalgia at work though.

I only saw Man of Steel once, so I should probably check it out again before seeing BvS.

A few complaints I recall about MoS: retelling the origin story again, Pa Kent's lessons to young Clark, rehashing Superman II (Zod & Co.), Jor-El's ghost on Zod's ship, sidelining Lois, and the oft-cited destruction of Metropolis without many casualties to speak of.

I remember thinking the film looked great, it was just story elements: http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-most-importa ... -516405346
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:A few complaints I recall about MoS: retelling the origin story again, Pa Kent's lessons to young Clark, rehashing Superman II (Zod & Co.), Jor-El's ghost on Zod's ship, sidelining Lois, and the oft-cited destruction of Metropolis without many casualties to speak of.
As someone who isn't really any kind of Superman fanboi, none of those complaints really bothered me. It was a reboot - complaining about it retelling the origin and rehashing story elements seem illogical to me. If it were a sequel they would be valid points.

The complaint about the casualty count is an odd one as well - this was a Hollywood movie after all.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

My favorite thing about Man of Steel is that Pa Kent dies the same way as a character in the first Sharknado movie.
Don't mow your lawn
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

TV show called Dark Matter. It's on Netflix. Originally airs on Syfy. I really really like it!!

http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt4159076/
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:My favorite thing about Man of Steel is that Pa Kent dies the same way as a character in the first Sharknado movie.
And because he didn't want the people who were completely terrified, distracted, and worried about surviving the HUGE FREAKING TORNADO they were in to see his son move super fast for 1 or 2 seconds.

That movie is pretty entertaining but it's pretty dumb.

Oh and it's mentioned in B v S
► Show Spoiler
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote: And because he didn't want the people who were completely terrified, distracted, and worried about surviving the HUGE FREAKING TORNADO they were in to see his son move super fast for 1 or 2 seconds.
Yeah, I'm sure they could have covered it up. It's not like he wasn't already well known for lifting a school bus out of a lake/river. It felt like a good "movie" moment, but logically shouldn't have happened
Ravenpig wrote: That movie is pretty entertaining but it's pretty dumb.
No doubt about that.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:The complaint about the casualty count is an odd one as well - this was a Hollywood movie after all.
So very true!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Ravenpig wrote:That movie is pretty entertaining but it's pretty dumb.
That's it in a nutshell. Can't really ask more than that of it's sequel I guess. Now that we've kicked that dog to death...

:)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think it's left rear leg is still twitching a little...
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:
UndKeineZwEier wrote:My favorite thing about Man of Steel is that Pa Kent dies the same way as a character in the first Sharknado movie.
And because he didn't want the people who were completely terrified, distracted, and worried about surviving the HUGE FREAKING TORNADO they were in to see his son move super fast for 1 or 2 seconds.

That movie is pretty entertaining but it's pretty dumb.

Oh and it's mentioned in B v S
► Show Spoiler
He wouldn't have had to move fast though. Pa Kent died because his leg got caught on something not because he wasn't fast enough to get out of the way.
Don't mow your lawn