Mad Men

Movies, TV and other video based media
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Mad Men

Post by Kittaan »

Season seven premiers April 7. Final season, so they will definitely fuck shit up. Looking forward to it.

As they are now 6 seasons deep, if you haven't yet watched the show and don't want spoilers, it should be obvious, but GTFO.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/mad-men
Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Mad Men

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

One day I'll watch this show. For now I have too many others on the go...
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

The first few seasons were the best. Dropped off a bit after that, but still decent. At this point, you should just wait until it's run its course before digging in anyway.

I still have yet to watch The Wire (among others), which I'm looking forward to quite a bit.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Watched the first season, wasn't for me.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Draper is the man. The wire is fucking awesome, very underrated. It's good to watch a show with multiple views of society.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The Wire isn't underrated, a lot of critics say it's the best TV show ever (and they are right)
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not Tyson wrote:Watched the first season, wasn't for me.
I can understand that. There's a pretty major cultural aspect to it. As far as the acting and writing, I think it's pretty top notch.

I know next to nothing about The Wire. Never even seen a clip, which has been pretty hard to avoid with all the hype. It's next on my list.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

It's a terrific show and the dapper Mr Draper is an excellent character. The evolution of social norms and attitudes are chronicled beautifully and we are even invited, at times, to see how far we haven't come.

I am looking forward to a resolution. As much as I have enjoyed this series I do like to see things wrapped up and some final observations made.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:One day I'll watch this show. For now I have too many others on the go...
It's amazing. Tippy top shelf.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Season is moving at a snails pace. Don needs to slam some more Canadian club and fuck shit up. It's brewing, I think I can see where this is going but we'll see
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

BlackHole83 wrote:Season is moving at a snails pace. Don needs to slam some more Canadian club and fuck shit up. It's brewing, I think I can see where this is going but we'll see
Don has been fairly pitiful for this season and I have been waiting for the old Don to return. Last episode he embarked upon his comeback.

Megan is a trollop! :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan wrote:
I know next to nothing about The Wire. Never even seen a clip, which has been pretty hard to avoid with all the hype. It's next on my list.
*cough*
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not Tyson wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
*cough*
This will soon be remedied....

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/23/hbo-co ... -the-wire/

@ All - I have been digging the new 1/2 season so far. It is building really well. Megan is indeed a trollop, but looks like she's regretting it? She's been put through the ringer in her defense...
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

So we have to wait until next year to watch the last seven episodes? WTF?!?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

God, you weren't already prepared for that bullshit?

At least the "1/2 season" (such utter bullshit) ended in a logical place. It felt "right" IF you're going to take a break. It's been amazing so far. However, taking an entire year break simply to milk ratings (that you likely won't get anyway...) is BULLSHIT.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Finally:

The final seven episodes of Mad Men will start airing on Sunday, April 5, with the series finale airing on May 17.

http://blogs.amctv.com/mad-men/2015/01/ ... r-april-5/

If you haven't taken the plunge yet, get to bingeing!! :P
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I'm sorry but BlackHole said it. Managed watch three and a half seasons until I decided to stop.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I don't know how you could get past Season 3 and not be in for the long haul! For my money, this is one of the greatest shows I have ever seen.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I love this show too Joey. And this song (well the performance is most of it).
AmeliaTaylor
Maynard Believer

Post by AmeliaTaylor »

It has taken me awhile to get around to this series, and I have only watched the first 3 episodes, but my initial impression is that this will be a great series. I originally thought that this show was a boring time piece on 1950/60's advertising. Instead I watched 3 episodes that expertly captured the cultural mores and human interactions of that period of history. This is a show for those who remember those times. Some people may wax woefully about the good old days of the early 60's, but for most of us THIS was the reality. On Pinoy tv show, The actors behave as if they stepped out of 1960 complete with their cynicism, twisted morality, sexism, and racism. Thankfully most of us have matured beyond the behavior portrayed in 'Mad Men'. For the rest, this show will be a painful reminder.