Tool - 21 March 2014 - El Tajin Festival, Mexico

Tool will be "touring" (well, playing one show in Mexico at time of writing) North America in March 2014.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Re: Tool - 21 March 2014 - El Tajin Festival, Mexico

Post by Ettan »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Kittaan wrote:Jeebus, not even a slight variation... not surprised, just depressed.

Third Eye
Vicarious
Schism
Pushit
Intension
Lateralus
Jambi
46 & 2
Ænema

But if that's the only show you were seeing, at least you got Third Eye and Pushit. ¡¡Felicitaciones Mexico!!

They closed with Stinkfist
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
3d-alex
Maynard Believer

Post by 3d-alex »

I was there. Amazing show. Crowd was INTO it. A friend who has seen them close to 15 times said that this one was his pick for the best one. I am glad I got to hear Third eye.

No intermission, no drum solo. I couldnt see a damn thing from where I was standing, at the very back, but the sound was perfect.

Missed the merch table the night of the show, but found it last night at the festival site. They had a couple of official shirts with special designs for the mexican shows on the back and there was also a special Tajin shirt. I'll post pics of the merch stand and of the shirt I got when I can. I saw no posters, don't know if there was one. There were hats too and Iphone cases.

Primus was pretty good and so was Puscifer. Maynard greeted the crowd in spanish with both bands.
Ascension5
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Ascension5 »

ziggy23 wrote:Image
Is the pain from signing posters before the show really so much that MJK feels the need to wear wrist braces at every show? Anyone know why else he would be wearing those? It's not like you see Adam in them anywhere, or Danny...anyone actually using their wrists far more frequently and aggressively than him, I would think.
"Breathe in Union--so, as One, survive." - Jambi, Tool

6. 20. 2010 - Tool
7. 22. 2011 - A Perfect Circle
1. 20. 2012 - Tool
11. 5. 2013 - Nine Inch Nails
3. 24. 2014 - Tool
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

3d-alex wrote:Maynard greeted the crowd in spanish with both bands.
amazing, he said 'Hola' two times ... he must be watching Dora with my daughter when I'm not around.
Ascension5 wrote:MJK feels the need to wear wrist braces at every show? … anyone actually using their wrists far more frequently and aggressively than him, I would think.
Commonly Known Fact of the Day: Nobody in the band masturbates as vigorously as the Reverend ... he's known his penis quite better than himself for quite some time now
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
3d-alex
Maynard Believer

Post by 3d-alex »

3d-alex wrote:I was there. Amazing show. Crowd was INTO it. A friend who has seen them close to 15 times said that this one was his pick for the best one. I am glad I got to hear Third eye.

No intermission, no drum solo. I couldnt see a damn thing from where I was standing, at the very back, but the sound was perfect.

Missed the merch table the night of the show, but found it last night at the festival site. They had a couple of official shirts with special designs for the mexican shows on the back and there was also a special Tajin shirt. I'll post pics of the merch stand and of the shirt I got when I can. I saw no posters, don't know if there was one. There were hats too and Iphone cases.

Primus was pretty good and so was Puscifer. Maynard greeted the crowd in spanish with both bands.
Crowd 40,000 strong.

Here are the pics of the merch table at Tajin (the Tool shirts are the ones at both ends) and of the shirt I got:

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

That MX Opiate hand tee is killer.
Ki77aan :twisted:
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Yeah it is! I saw this elsewhere, but could not confirm if it was official. Apparently, there were a lot of vendors outside selling a ton of counterfeit stuff. Sounds like it was more that just the usual parking lot tshirt guys.
3d-alex
Maynard Believer

Post by 3d-alex »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Yeah it is! I saw this elsewhere, but could not confirm if it was official. Apparently, there were a lot of vendors outside selling a ton of counterfeit stuff. Sounds like it was more that just the usual parking lot tshirt guys.
It's official and yes, there were tons of bootlegs shirts outside and also posters, banners, stickers, etc. The shirt on the top right said Tajin 2014 on the back (didn't like this one at all), the one on the bottom right had the fish on the back and the one on the top left was this one:

but with the mexican flag colors behind the eye on the back. A different merch stand on the entrance of the festival had the iphone cases, hats and a Puscifer shirt.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Those are cool! I kinda hope they have extras that end up in the TooLband.com store so I can buy one for my other half.
3d-alex
Maynard Believer

Post by 3d-alex »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Those are cool! I kinda hope they have extras that end up in the TooLband.com store so I can buy one for my other half.
"Live Shows Merchandising" is the brand that sells most of the official concert shirts here in Mexico for international bands. You may want to check their store in the future or write to them to see if they have any left:

http://www.tiendaoficial-lsg.com/

https://twitter.com/liveshowsmerch

I returned to the stand to buy one for my friend and they only had small sizes left and I think some mediums of the top right one.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Thanks for the heads up!