Tool - 04 March 2014 - Spokane Arena, Spokane, WA

Tool will be "touring" (well, playing one show in Mexico at time of writing) North America in March 2014.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Tool - 04 March 2014 - Spokane Arena, Spokane, WA

Post by hellboy »

A small number of VIP pack pre-sales for the Spokane show will be available on Friday (24th) at 10am PST on Toolarmy.com and 3pm PST on Toolband.com. Tickets for the general public go on sale Saturday the 25th.

Please keep this post on topic - discussions not related to the show will be deleted by moderators. Spoilers (including setlists and pictures) may be posted in this thread after the show has taken place.
also known as . . .
My pain is just an excuse

Re: Tool - 4 March 2014 - Spokane Arena, Spokane, WA

Post by also known as . . . »

OH YEAH!!!
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Who's going to Spokane?

Post by inspiration_tactic »

I will be making the 814 mile drive from Spearfish to Spokane, Washington. I have about 4 people coming with me; it'd be cool to meet a fellow fourtheye member at the show. Anybody else going to that one?
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Who's going to Spokane?

Post by xZ1mM3r »

im flying 1100 miles from Casper Wyoming to my hometown of Eugene Oregon for the show there, gunna be crazy to see old friends again and see a Tool show in the Town i grew up in
also known as . . .

VIP in Portland....... booo yeah!
Last edited by also known as . . . on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

also known as . . . wrote:I would like to trade my PORTLAND VIP PACKAGE for a SPOKANE VIP PACKAGE. If you would like to do this PM me or ask away right here! Thanks
That may be easier said than done:
RESTRICTIONS/DISCLAIMERS - Must provide pick-up/will call name for the order. - Persons listed under pick-up/will call name must present legal ID and show proof of purchase (email confirmation, confirmation number, etc) at the specified VIP event meeting location and check-in time (to be determined). - All VIP guests must be present and arrive on time for check-in. Late arrivals will not be allowed entry to VIP event. - VIP pack contents are subject to change.
also known as . . .

hellboy wrote:
also known as . . . wrote:I would like to trade my PORTLAND VIP PACKAGE for a SPOKANE VIP PACKAGE. If you would like to do this PM me or ask away right here! Thanks
That may be easier said than done:
RESTRICTIONS/DISCLAIMERS - Must provide pick-up/will call name for the order. - Persons listed under pick-up/will call name must present legal ID and show proof of purchase (email confirmation, confirmation number, etc) at the specified VIP event meeting location and check-in time (to be determined). - All VIP guests must be present and arrive on time for check-in. Late arrivals will not be allowed entry to VIP event. - VIP pack contents are subject to change.
I wasn't gonna go to Portland, but now I am going. So I am super sicked out with my VIP package! That disclaimer is pretty serious tho'! Thanks
seen'em everywhere man
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

Extra tickets were sold to friends of a friend. See you all there.
Thanks-
Rick
also known as . . .

ONE TICKET AVAILABLE: SECTION 116 ROW S SEAT 3
96 US DOLLARS
PM ME IF INTERESTED
seen'em everywhere man
trustinmeandfall

Post by trustinmeandfall »

has anyone gotten more details on the time to be there for VIP tickets? Just curious how early it'll be for the other shows and figured Spokane VIP holders might have gotten more specifics by now, 6 hrs before the show seems excessive
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

trustinmeandfall wrote:has anyone gotten more details on the time to be there for VIP tickets? Just curious how early it'll be for the other shows and figured Spokane VIP holders might have gotten more specifics by now, 6 hrs before the show seems excessive
Not really, I'd expect sound check could quite easily be any time during the afternoon.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

any bold track predictions for this show? they've kept it quiet on that front. no news on them practicing or messing around with anything old or not played for a while.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
nameloc
Bronco's Fan

Post by nameloc »

soundcheck will likely be around 3:00-4:00pm.. at least thats what happens MOST of the time.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/46018790@N03/sets/

Audio-Technica u853 (c/o)
Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 HI-MDs (x2)
Sony PCM M10
XXXX X-X
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

Spokane Arena is giving away their Tool poster.

Here is a link to the tweet:

Free Spokane Arena Hatch Tool Poster
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Anyone want to pick me up one? :)
Professor of Lesbian Science
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

rgardjr wrote:Spokane Arena is giving away their Tool poster.
That is quite underwhelming.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:any bold track predictions for this show? they've kept it quiet on that front. no news on them practicing or messing around with anything old or not played for a while.
Predictions are fine, but this is a good time to reiterate the rules for ALL show specific threads:

Spoilers (including setlists and pictures) may be posted in this thread AFTER the show has taken place.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

If anyone needs tickets to this show toolband just announced some will go on sale in the next 30 minutes. The time on the post was like 10 minutes ago.
Hey! Denty!
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Kittaan wrote:
rgardjr wrote:Spokane Arena is giving away their Tool poster.
That is quite underwhelming.
looks pretty good for a Hatch. thats their style

ill take one if some kind soul snags one, ill pay the shipping
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

So I can/should be able to check the general tour discussion without fear of spoilers correct?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

xZ1mM3r wrote:So I can/should be able to check the general tour discussion without fear of spoilers correct?

I was told no. The only safe thread will be your show's thread until it passes. I will be avoiding this Tour Forum (other than Cedar Park) til March 24th.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Luckily my show is Friday. So I only have to avoid 2 prior shows.
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

Anybody going to the rally before the show tonight?

Boycott Tool rally (Spokane Arena)

Just in case it gets pulled down:

The foundation for a better tomorrow and Stop Masturbation Now will be holding a rally to boycott the band tool and to promote family values. We will be holding the rally across from the Spokane arena main entrance. Our goal is to stop all music that promotes masturbation over Family Values.

The rally will be from 6:00-8:00PM. Please bring mp3s and cds to burn in our holy fire barrel.

From facebook Stop Masturbation NOW netsite:

Last week I noticed that my nephew, Jimmy, was enjoying some music on his Beats By Dre® headphones. He told me he was listening to a band called Tool. In an attempt to learn more about my nephew's interests, I researched them with the help of my BING internet search engine.

I was absolutely disgustipated by the faithfacts that I uncovered. It turns out that Tool is obsessed with masturbation. Nearly every single song in their catalog is about the joy of self-rape. The anger I felt nearly split me right in two!

After admonishing him with a love-filled Christian spanking, I explained that this "emosexual metal" band was sinful and their presence within this family would be met with cold intolerance.

The following is a partial list of Tool songs and their meanings. Please do not allow women and children to read further:

Ænima - instructions on how to put a water douche up your anus while self-raping.

10,000 Days - how many days in a row that the lead singer masturbated before destroying the nerve endings in his penis.

Choked - a tribute to the masturbation death of British death metal singer Michael Hutchinson of INXS.

Die Eier Von Satan - about looking forward to the day when they will be circle-jerking off in Hell with the Satan himself.

Faaip de Oiad - chronicling the new teen internet trend called "Fapping".

Hooker With a Penis - about a hooker who has a penis.

Jerk-off - unknown, but probably about masturbation.

Prison Sex - here the band acknowledges that one of the great things about being in prison is having a lot of time to masturbate.

Third Eye and Stinkfist - more songs about shoving every day household objects up your anus while masturbating.

How is this "music" even legal? If you encounter any Tool records, cassettes or MP3s, do not hesitate to burn them. You are doing your part to STOP Masturbation NOW! Praise!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

That's gold, Jerry. Gold!
I like to poop naked.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

rgardjr wrote:Anybody going to the rally before the show tonight?

Just in case it gets pulled down:

The foundation for a better tomorrow and Stop Masturbation Now will be holding a rally to boycott the band tool and to promote family values. We will be holding the rally across from the Spokane arena main entrance. Our goal is to stop all music that promotes masturbation over Family Values.

The rally will be from 6:00-8:00PM. Please bring mp3s and cds to burn in our holy fire barrel.

From facebook Stop Masturbation NOW netsite:

Last week I noticed that my nephew, Jimmy, was enjoying some music on his Beats By Dre® headphones. He told me he was listening to a band called Tool. In an attempt to learn more about my nephew's interests, I researched them with the help of my BING internet search engine.

I was absolutely disgustipated by the faithfacts that I uncovered. It turns out that Tool is obsessed with masturbation. Nearly every single song in their catalog is about the joy of self-rape. The anger I felt nearly split me right in two!

After admonishing him with a love-filled Christian spanking, I explained that this "emosexual metal" band was sinful and their presence within this family would be met with cold intolerance.

The following is a partial list of Tool songs and their meanings. Please do not allow women and children to read further:

Ænima - instructions on how to put a water douche up your anus while self-raping.

10,000 Days - how many days in a row that the lead singer masturbated before destroying the nerve endings in his penis.

Choked - a tribute to the masturbation death of British death metal singer Michael Hutchinson of INXS.

Die Eier Von Satan - about looking forward to the day when they will be circle-jerking off in Hell with the Satan himself.

Faaip de Oiad - chronicling the new teen internet trend called "Fapping".

Hooker With a Penis - about a hooker who has a penis.

Jerk-off - unknown, but probably about masturbation.

Prison Sex - here the band acknowledges that one of the great things about being in prison is having a lot of time to masturbate.

Third Eye and Stinkfist - more songs about shoving every day household objects up your anus while masturbating.

How is this "music" even legal? If you encounter any Tool records, cassettes or MP3s, do not hesitate to burn them. You are doing your part to STOP Masturbation NOW! Praise!
lol its sad that some people probably think this guy is being real