Tool - 11 March 2014 - Bill Graham Civic, San Francisco, CA

Tool will be "touring" (well, playing one show in Mexico at time of writing) North America in March 2014.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Tool - 11 March 2014 - Bill Graham Civic, San Francisco,

Post by Kittaan »

iloveposters wrote:Thanks for the review. Did you get to ask Adam anything? Were any of the questions worth noting that were asked by others?? MJK did not do soundcheck for VIPs? How far were you from the rail during soudcheck?? Thanks
You're welcome. I tried to ask Adam a question, but despite being right in front of him the whole time, he picked others every time. I didn't really mind, but would have loved to hear his response to some of the questions generated here on FourthEye that haven't yet been covered.

I did hear him comment that the lights coming up during intermission (which was one of the things I may have asked) was a safety thing. And looking down on that sea of humanity on the floor, I guess I can understand. The lights did come up, but for us in the balcony, they were pretty understated. I would still prefer the mood lighting and I really wish they had looped "Intermission" off of Aenima the whole 12 minutes. That would have been awesome. I have never heard of them using that song during an intermission, and that's a missed opportunity! Actually what I'd really, really love to see: Using "Intermission" for the entire intermission and then launching into Jimmy when they return to the stage.

Again, we heard MJK through the doors, but he bailed well before they let us in.

I was right at the rail, in my favorite spot between DC and Justin. That's what made me decide to sit in the balcony. The drum riser was too high so the view of Danny sucked!
azbay wrote:thanks for the review Kittaan! I can't wait, doing the VIP as well, did they let you bring anything else in for Adam to sign? such as a poster, album or whatever? enjoy the second show! my buddy got hosed last night he bought a ticket that ended up being fake! feel bad for the dude, told him he should've kept checking ticketbastard, anyways cheers!
I believe you can bring in what you want, but there is ZERO chance of Adam signing it. He mentioned that he intended to do that (and I think he tried it on the first VIP in OR) but it was a disaster and they had to revise. It's just logistics, with 100 people to get through, he would be there all day and they have a ton of shit to do prior to the show.

Second show was killer thanks to Ak-Rev and his friends getting there at 10:00am and being first in line. He hooked me and my buddy up and I in turn hooked up Bonebroke. We got unbelievable seats pretty much dead center over the soundboard. Sound was pristine as was the view. Really outstanding. Thanks again Rev!
Ki77aan :twisted:
ak-rev
Maynard Believer

Post by ak-rev »

Great shows at Civic.
Glad to experience the second night with Kittaan and Bonebroke.
Looking forward to the next.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Definitely great shows!

Listening to the first night now and that mofo definitely knows what he's doing. If you're lurking on this forum: THANKS!
Ki77aan :twisted:
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

ak-rev wrote:Great shows at Civic.
Glad to experience the second night with Kittaan and Bonebroke.
Looking forward to the next.
ak-rev, thanks again for that kick ass seat. Much obliged.
Kittaan wrote:^ Definitely great shows!
Listening to the first night now and that mofo definitely knows what he's doing. If you're lurking on this forum: THANKS!
Kittaan, thanks for the txt msg as I rolled into Civic Center station! I really appreciate you thinking of me for the seat.

Successful week, indeed.
Happy Friday, gentleman!

-------------------------------------------------------
I bought three posters on 3/12. Came home to find out i was given two 3/12s and one 3/11. oops!
Careful at the merch stand folks...
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

Has any other show had this set list to date? Third Eye, Pushit, Opiate
Best one for this tour

Third Eye
Forty-Six & 2
Schism
Intension
Pushit
Lateralus
"intermission"
Dan jam
Jambi
Opiate
Ænema
Stinkfist

...i guess not
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Great audio of extended Opiate. Which is by far the best thing to come out of this tour. Even the beginning bass intro jam is really really cool!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

That new part is just so pointless.