Tool - 24 March 2014 - Cedar Park Center - Cedar Park, Tx

Tool will be "touring" (well, playing one show in Mexico at time of writing) North America in March 2014.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Tool - 24 March 2014 - Cedar Park Center - Cedar Park, Tx

Post by Ravenpig »

I'll be there! Who else is going?

Bee tee dubs, Cedar Park is it's own city. If HB or Kit wanna change it it's fine by me though.

*Obligatory stay on topic/no spoilers until after the show warning*
Hey! Denty!
madson4562
Maynard Believer

Re: Tool- 24 March 2014- Cedar Park Center - Cedar Park, Tx

Post by madson4562 »

^ Going. This'll be my second time in Austin (first time was about 12 years ago, when I was 16, so I didn't really get to explore the city too much). Expecting a good time to be had by all.
MAGNUS
My pain is just an excuse

Post by MAGNUS »

Driving down that afternoon... Trying to talk my wife to call in sick on Monday so we can spend the weekend on Austin.
Ascension5

Post by Ascension5 »

I'll be there with a friend who's flying in from Florida. We are driving from San Antonio as soon as I'm done with my classes for the day--anyone getting to the venue early, or are y'all just going to head up later on as the timing gets closer? I have never done anything that required being there early, and I'm wondering how early we should be before the show itself is listed. I was thinking we would take some things to eat and hang out until everything's up and running.
"Breathe in Union--so, as One, survive." - Jambi, Tool

6. 20. 2010 - Tool
7. 22. 2011 - A Perfect Circle
1. 20. 2012 - Tool
11. 5. 2013 - Nine Inch Nails
3. 24. 2014 - Tool
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I usually get there like an hour before so I can walk around and check out the crowd.

By the way Acension, I was at all those shows in your sig too. Pretty cool
Hey! Denty!
Ascension5

Post by Ascension5 »

That's awesome! They were great shows. I was a very young Tool fan at my first show, and had never heard Third Eye before--I thought they were just jamming. I finally found out years later that, for whatever reason, my iTunes had never ripped Third Eye from AEnima.

6. 20. 2010 - Tool
1. 20. 2012 - Tool
3. 24. 2014 - Tool
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

I'll be going as well.
This will be my 9th show but first one that I am going solo and 3rd sober.
Typically I take my sister or a friend or two. None are available for a Monday show.

As a side note:
If memory serves me correctly back in 2010 the traffic patterns/available streets from the venue to I-35 is a nightmare. Long lines and way out of the way detours made getting to and leaving the venue not so much fun.

If you are not familiar with the area and plan on doing some Austin touring might I suggest driving out to the venue a day early to familiarize yourself with the roads so you can bail out to a less crowded street if necessary.
Google maps would probably work as well if you aren't going to be there that early.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
psgrantham
Maynard Believer

Post by psgrantham »

Sigh... :(

Does anyone have an extra ticket or two? Once again, I have failed at ticketmaster and who knows what happened to the TA "presales..." Now, I am unable to see Tool in my hometown of Cedar Park again. :cry: If anyone has a couple extra, please email me at psgrantham87@gmail.com and I will gladly throw a little extra on top (but not f'n double the ticket price!). I've been reduced to scouring the abysmal 101x radio station to win some tickets.

Thanks for any help, I hope to see you guys at the show.
zander
Bronco's Fan

Post by zander »

I have two extra tickets I need to sell at face value. They are section 119 row M seats 15 and 16. I don't post here enough for PM's to work (mostly just lurker) so send me an email if you are interested emcanear14@gmail.com . I bought these off Ticketmaster the day they went on sale expecting them to be the best I could get but I broke down and got some better ones off stubhub, thanks.
psgrantham
Maynard Believer

Post by psgrantham »

Sigh... :(

Does anyone have an extra ticket or two? Once again, I have failed at ticketmaster and who knows what happened to the TA "presales..." Now, I am unable to see Tool in my hometown of Cedar Park again. :cry: If anyone has a couple extra, please email me at psgrantham87@gmail.com and I will gladly throw a little extra on top (but not f'n double the ticket price!). I've been reduced to scouring the abysmal 101x radio station to win some tickets.

Thanks for any help, I hope to see you guys at the show.
trampis

Post by trampis »

I was at those shows as well Ascension5, except for the 2010. I did see Tool in Ft. Worth in 2007 though.

I got a VIP for this show. I'm usually a cheap bastard and still don't know why the hell I dropped that much money on a show, but I'm excited to see what it entails.

Anyone else get VIP for this specific show? I haven't received an e-mail with the details yet, just curious if anyone else has. I imagine that will come closer to the show.

I'll most likely be skipping my afternoon class to get there early, then I have a test the next day (woo-hoo).
bomtwo
Maynard Believer

Post by bomtwo »

I'll be there! It will be my 6th tool show, but my first one on the floor. Cedar Park Center was great for tool in 2010. I'm really looking forward to this one.
zander
Bronco's Fan

Post by zander »

zander wrote:I have two extra tickets I need to sell at face value. They are section 119 row M seats 15 and 16. I don't post here enough for PM's to work (mostly just lurker) so send me an email if you are interested emcanear14@gmail.com . I bought these off Ticketmaster the day they went on sale expecting them to be the best I could get but I broke down and got some better ones off stubhub, thanks.
Sorry guys I tried to post this here last week but it didn't get approved until today and I already sold the tickets.
glorybox
Maynard Believer

Post by glorybox »

Hey, would someone be willing to pick up a poster for me, please? It's my hometown and sadly, I'll be missing this one. Please PM me to work out arrangements. I really need this one, guys!!
Ascension5

Post by Ascension5 »

trampis wrote:I was at those shows as well Ascension5, except for the 2010. I did see Tool in Ft. Worth in 2007 though.

I got a VIP for this show. I'm usually a cheap bastard and still don't know why the hell I dropped that much money on a show, but I'm excited to see what it entails.

Anyone else get VIP for this specific show? I haven't received an e-mail with the details yet, just curious if anyone else has. I imagine that will come closer to the show.

I'll most likely be skipping my afternoon class to get there early, then I have a test the next day (woo-hoo).
What university are you coming from? I'm at Trinity in SA.

Also, I'm thinking at this point I will get to the venue several hours early--is anyone else doing this, and what are your thoughts on taking a battery-powered guitar amp and my electric and just putting it in the trunk during the show? Part of me is concerned about someone somehow opening my trunk...just thought it'd be cool if we're going to be hanging out there for a while beforehand. If anyone else has a VIP pass, I'll see you there :) (I think someone had asked about them earlier in this thread). If this is just a completely hair-brained idea, be open about it, I understand!

6. 20. 2010 - Tool
1. 20. 2012 - Tool
3. 24. 2014 - Tool
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

glorybox wrote:Hey, would someone be willing to pick up a poster for me, please? It's my hometown and sadly, I'll be missing this one. Please PM me to work out arrangements. I really need this one, guys!!
Somebody help a lady out!

If I was hitting this show I certainly would. Hope it works out for you.
Ki77aan :twisted:
trampis

Post by trampis »

Ascension5 wrote:
trampis wrote:I was at those shows as well Ascension5, except for the 2010. I did see Tool in Ft. Worth in 2007 though.

Also, I'm thinking at this point I will get to the venue several hours early--is anyone else doing this, and what are your thoughts on taking a battery-powered guitar amp and my electric and just putting it in the trunk during the show? Part of me is concerned about someone somehow opening my trunk...just thought it'd be cool if we're going to be hanging out there for a while beforehand. If anyone else has a VIP pass, I'll see you there :) (I think someone had asked about them earlier in this thread). If this is just a completely hair-brained idea, be open about it, I understand!

I'm coming from Waco, so unfortunately I will be missing my evening class and may even skip the morning lecture. This is one of the few things I would ditch school for. I had been thinking about taking my little acoustic guitar to play around on. Seems like a good way to pass some time. Hopefully no one would be a douche and break into a vehicle during the show, but I'm sure it happens. Might avoid showing off anything that looks too valuable.

I have VIP to Cedar Park so I will be there with you.
hurricanebama
Bronco's Fan

Re: Tool - 24 March 2014- Cedar Park Center - Cedar Park, Tx

Post by hurricanebama »

I will be coming down from McKinney....North of Dallas. This will be my 19th. First one in Austin though. :)
Jool

Post by Jool »

glorybox wrote:Hey, would someone be willing to pick up a poster for me, please? It's my hometown and sadly, I'll be missing this one. Please PM me to work out arrangements. I really need this one, guys!!
Just let me know.
#9[align=center]#9[/align][align=right]#9[/align]
Ascension5

Post by Ascension5 »

trampis wrote:
Ascension5 wrote:

I'm coming from Waco, so unfortunately I will be missing my evening class and may even skip the morning lecture. This is one of the few things I would ditch school for. I had been thinking about taking my little acoustic guitar to play around on. Seems like a good way to pass some time. Hopefully no one would be a douche and break into a vehicle during the show, but I'm sure it happens. Might avoid showing off anything that looks too valuable.

I have VIP to Cedar Park so I will be there with you.
Given the risk, I'm not going to bring my electric. I will bring my acoustic with me, maybe we can jam some before the show or VIP stuff :) I had to move an exam to go to this show after finding out about the 1 p.m. entrance time--we'll see how that goes. Looking forward to the show, and to maybe meeting you there, my friend and I are looking to arrive at 12-12:30.

6. 20. 2010 - Tool
1. 20. 2012 - Tool
3. 24. 2014 - Tool
trampis

Re: Tool - 24 March 2014 - Cedar Park Center - Cedar Park, T

Post by trampis »

Yeah that would be cool. As of right now the forecast has a chance of rain so we'll see if that does anything or not.

I just got an e-mail that NIN will be in Austin on August 17th, so I'll probably snag some tickets to that show.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Boo! Sun/Mon chance of rain is 80% and 55F. Gunna need a poncho and a trash bag for my print tube me thinks.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

I've got a sneaking suspicion that this venue will get a pink skull (SG). They used the color in NZ last year and its about the only color they haven't used yet.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
trampis

Post by trampis »

Yeah, I was hoping the weather would be nicer so we could have a good time in the parking lot while waiting around...
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

trampis wrote:Yeah, I was hoping the weather would be nicer so we could have a good time in the parking lot while waiting around...
We can have fun... just with ponchos and N winds... SMH
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA