North America 2014 Tour Official Posters Thread

Tool will be "touring" (well, playing one show in Mexico at time of writing) North America in March 2014.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Re: North America 2014 Posters Thread (Obv Spoiler duh)

Post by bigboy55693 »

So I have some questions whose answers might be a good thing to put in the OP.
-Some of these answers are probably in the individual show threads, but I have not combed through them all so I am unaware as to what the answers are.

1) Dimensions of the prints (should all be the same?) I know EB has it, but this thread is easier to navigate now and in the future.

2) Cost of the prints (both signed/unsigned) I thinks its 130/30 as it was in the past but I could be wrong...

3) Relative availability of signed/unsigned at your show(if possible to know...)
- This is the one that bothers me. Gone is numbering of the prints? Not even the signed ones? Seems fishy, or better yet "Skully" to me

4) Embossed or not? (I know some are strong marks and some are weak, but again I haven't seen any that were pictured)

5) Relative availability of prints from previous venues at a current venue (I.E. how many prints from last night(s) show were at your show?

6) Printing company (still the mystery smelly ink team I think)

Any other questions that I may have forgot.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

badkittygothgirl wrote:
bigboy55693 wrote:
Sweeneyb wrote:I went to the show a couple years ago in Grand Prairie Texas and remember them selling signed
Drumheads and Sketches posters (for $1000 at show). Have there been any drum heads, sketched posters?

Also have there been any left over posters from previous shows this year available at next show?

I really hope by the time it hits cedar park there will be a new poster deist
but I doubt it with the way the posters have been going.
Technically doodles were $600 and drumheads were $450 for 14" Tom, and $600 for bass drum. (I know b/c I spoiled myself and bought the clear resonant tom head seen in my avatar).
Didn't get the bass drum b/c I am all too familiar with framing costs, plus I had the personalized DC batterhead of the same size.

Anyone know if the drumheads are doodled, or just 4 member signed?

Actually, Adam doodled the Dallas set and it was $1000. If I remember correctly, it was still for sale at the Charlotte show in 2012. At the Atlanta show, the drum heads were $300 and $600. I was gifted one of each. One of them is doodled by Adam.
Yes the Dallas set was $1k. Agreed. But single show doodles were $600 as I think they had one at Dallas night 1 (only night I went). Not wanting to unveil the next night poster, the 2 piece doodle was not for sale when I was there.
My drum head was $450. Dunno bout that one. Guess I got proverbially hosed. I like your blue fish doodle much better than my silver alien.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
HarrySeaward
Bronco's Fan

Post by HarrySeaward »

bigboy55693 wrote:So I have some questions whose answers might be a good thing to put in the OP.
-Some of these answers are probably in the individual show threads, but I have not combed through them all so I am unaware as to what the answers are.

1) Dimensions of the prints (should all be the same?) I know EB has it, but this thread is easier to navigate now and in the future.
I can speak for the Reno poster. It's 18x25. Do not buy a standard 18x24 frame because it will not fit.
2) Cost of the prints (both signed/unsigned) I thinks its 130/30 as it was in the past but I could be wrong...
$30 - Unsigned
$130 - Signed
$150 - Signed (tonight's show)

They were selling signed posters from the last tour and other past shows.
3) Relative availability of signed/unsigned at your show(if possible to know...)
- This is the one that bothers me. Gone is numbering of the prints? Not even the signed ones? Seems fishy, or better yet "Skully" to me
I'm not sure. There were quite a few.
4) Embossed or not? (I know some are strong marks and some are weak, but again I haven't seen any that were pictured)
Yes. And the stamp actually says 2014 so they didn't just reuse a stamp from a past tour as they've done before.

Here's a crappy picture of my stamp through my shitty Walmart frame.

http://i.imgur.com/YGiYVcW.jpg
5) Relative availability of prints from previous venues at a current venue (I.E. how many prints from last night(s) show were at your show?
Not sure on the numbers.
6) Printing company (still the mystery smelly ink team I think)
I don't know but they smell amazing.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Merch Collective, LLC are the printers. I have a sneaky suspicion they are owned by the band, but cannot confirm.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Merch Collective, LLC are the printers. I have a sneaky suspicion they are owned by the band, but cannot confirm.
Quick search found this one: Merch Collective Burbank,CA - Handbags in URL?

A little deeper found this: (as you probably have already found BKGG)

CA State Secretary LLC filing Main Page
LLC Entity # 201308210622
Filled for LLC coverage 2/25/13 via LegalZoom... (weird b/c I would expect AJ's bro to file for them)

MC LLC website stats
Website started with GoDaddy 3 years ago...

Look up 4E on that stascrop link. Some cool info.

I would concur it looks like they are probably owned by the band.

Weird but not surprising that they used GoDaddy and LegalZoom to basically start everything. Seeing as how they TB.com website has never seen a real webmaster though this makes sense.

Would be nice to see the LLC filing from CA. The form requires names of people so that would help trace whats going on.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

This is my Vegas VIP poster. That is my ticket and wrist band and confetti from the show. Yes I am a fanboi. I honestly have so much more respect for Adam Jones after the VIP Q & A. It was really cool to have him just talk to us like we were friends. He talked to us for about 2 1/2 hours. He could not have been any nicer. Making eye contact with everybody and even getting a little emotional talking about his old band teacher that recently passed. He talked about pretty much everything and really held nothing back. He played parts of Jerk Off, 4 Degrees, and my favorite song Eulogy. When he played parts of Eulogy it brought so much emotion in me and it was so special to hear it from his guitar that he has had since the beginning. Not going to lie a tiny tear came out of my eye. Anyways the VIP was worth every penny and we got to hear Hooker and Sober at the soundcheck (sans Maynard). Also to have 3rd row right in front of Justin and Danny was the best seat I could ever ask for. It was really special to see them the next day in San Diego on my birthday and to have them play a fairly different setlist was really awesome.
Sweeneyb
Maynard Believer

Post by Sweeneyb »

I have a hard piece of pvc pipe for posters. Will they let me bring
It in just to get posters and then bring back to
Car?

The poster from dallas that was doodled tool up both posters and was a fish I had a chance to
buy but didn't want to spend a 1000 on it.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

No, no PVC. I was able to bring in a pretty sturdy cardboard tube at reno. But it took calling ahead and name dropping at the front gate. These aren't banksys, no PVC necessary
HarrySeaward
Bronco's Fan

Post by HarrySeaward »

I was first in line at Reno so I got to chat with the gate guards a bit. At first they weren't going to allow me to bring in my poster tube. They said "No posters." and I showed them it was empty, confused as to why anyone would bring a poster into a show in the first place. Then they said no poster tubes because I might throw it at somebody (??). Then they said I could bring it in and then take it out to my car after I got a poster. Obviously it was just a sea of hundreds of people in there, so no trek to my car ever occurred. Anyway it all just depends on the venue.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

brewdog123 wrote:These aren't banksys, no PVC necessary
Lol that is the truth.

PVC is overkill.

Good 3" or 4" tube would be best bet.

Be nice and ask for a security manager. It has always worked for me.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

There were no official posters for either of the Mexico shows. :roll:
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

sounds like a good time, Chill.

I like the subtle differences in the electrical storms going through the letters at the top (SF vs other ones)
Vegas has purple smoke/yellow electricity/purple-red skull (most skulls seem to be grey so far)
Spokane is purple smoke/blue electricity/grey skull
SF skull is too big (grey), but the electrical storm is orange-red, not one solid color. Double color smoke (red-blue)

I like the Vegas skull with yellow electricity.

SF combo top

Vegas top
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Yeah, thanks to my Canadian friends that I met from here, I own both the Las Vegas and San Diego posters. They were so cool that they bought the posters for my birthday. I will probably frame both of them together and the VIP on its own. I really like how the San Diego poster has the yellow smoke. Makes it way vibrant.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

i'm not sorry when i say that SD commissioned poster is fucking horrid
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

The set lists are the same but different, kinda like the theme of the posters.
Purple electricity would have been cool with the green smoke for the Eugene poster, instead of green on green.
petemasterpete wrote:i'm not sorry when i say that SD commissioned poster is fucking horrid
Agreed.

They all should have taken their shirts off like these fine looking gentlemen
the chill wrote:...I really like how the San Diego poster has the yellow smoke. Makes it way vibrant.
Yes, the colors are vibrant. Our pics don't quite do them justice. I think of the San Diego Padres for the SD poster.
The purple/blue skull with the red/violet glow wand yellow electricity from Vegas...that's the Laker poster
Sweeneyb
Maynard Believer

Post by Sweeneyb »

Here at cedar park show early and looked through window here is what I could see of poster they have leftover Fresno and signed San Francisco posters! Shirt looks sweet this show too ! Looks like a grey coming from skull eye
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Kittaan, I added tonight's poster to the list. Hope that's ok.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Thanks, Kat!
Ki77aan :twisted:
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

If I had to choose one of the skull posters, it would definitely be this one. I like the gray background and the purple to black smoke. I can see this framed with lovely lavendar and blue mats.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

badkittygothgirl wrote:If I had to choose one of the skull posters, it would definitely be this one. I like the gray background and the purple to black smoke. I can see this framed with lovely lavendar and blue mats.
This is my fave after the double SF posters together. That sounds like a great way to frame it, too.

I added notes for the MX shows - No show specific posters - This was verified, right?
Ki77aan :twisted:
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Sadly, yes, it has been confirmed. No official Mexico posters.
nsfw dave
Bronco's Fan

Post by nsfw dave »

i like it.. i think it wouldve been cooler if that had swapped background colors more often. ... that being said... if anyone wants to pick me up and austin and or houston, i can trade a vegas or paypal cost plus shipping and such.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Cedar Park was misspelled as "Ceder" oops
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
MAGNUS
My pain is just an excuse

Post by MAGNUS »

Houston

bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

bigboy55693 wrote:Cedar Park was misspelled as "Ceder" oops
:lol: :lol:
Nice, whose in charge of that one?
-back to schoolin'

apc box (with a song listed that isn''t actually on the disc),
cedAr poster...c'mon guys.

QC not in full effect.

Is Cedar Park the only poster with a background other than pitch black?