Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Fuck Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys.

That is all.

HTTR.
I like to poop naked.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Well, I now have two teams to hate-on in the A-League: Fucking Brisband Roar, and fucking Perth Glory.

Perth just played Western Sydney Wanderers, and I ran home to catch the second half. Wanderers up until the fucking 87th minute. Draw at fulltime.

$10 should've been over $40. Fuck you, Perth.

Now I have to depend on my Jets beating goddamn Melbourne Victory tomorrow to recuperate my losses from this round, and give Newcastle a fighting chance at the premiership.

This week has been bullshit. Can't wait for this shitty year to end.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Fuck Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks.

That is all.

HTTR.
I like to poop naked.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

FINALLY!!!  

NHL, NHLPA agree to framework of new CBA

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6490 ... l:topheads

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association reached agreement on the framework of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement early Sunday morning.

After a marathon 16-plus hour negotiating session at the Sofitel Hotel that began Saturday afternoon, the sides announced an agreement in principle shortly after 6 a.m. Sunday.

The League did not announce the start date of the season or the number of games each team will play. Those details will be announced soon.

The deal, agreed to at approximately 4:40 a.m., was announced jointly by NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr in the same hotel conference room where the negotiations were conducted with the assistance of Scot Beckenbaugh, Deputy Director for Mediation Services for the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service.

"Don Fehr and I are here to tell you that we have reached an agreement on the framework of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, the details of which need to be put to paper," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "We have to dot a lot of I's and cross a lot of T's. There is still a lot of work to be done, but the basic framework has been agreed upon. We have to go through a ratification process and the Board of Governors has to approve it from the League side and, obviously, the players have to approve it as well. We are not in a position to give you information right now about schedule, when we are starting. It's early in the morning and we have been at this all day and all night, obviously. But, we will be back to you very shortly, hopefully, later today with more information in that regard."

Fehr, meanwhile expressed an eagerness for his constituency to get back to playing hockey after a negotiation that stretched across 113 days.

"Any process like this in the system we have is difficult; it can be long," Fehr said. "I've said repeatedly throughout this process, somebody would say, 'What do you see ahead?' And, the answer was, 'You get up tomorrow and you try to find a way to do it and you keep doing that until you find a way to succeed.

"As Gary just indicated, we have the framework of a deal. We have to do the legal work and we have to do the constituent-communication work. At least, from my [standpoint], and I'm sure Gary's too, we need to let them know the details before we tell all of you. Having said that, hopefully, we're at a place where all those things will proceed fairly rapidly and with some dispatch and we'll get back to what we used to call business as usual as fast as we can."

Beckenbaugh, who took part in these negotiations at three different junctures of the overall process, worked with both sides from this past Wednesday until the deal was finalized Sunday morning. Commissioner Bettman praised the work of Beckenbaugh and thanked the mediator for the role he played in the potential settlement.

"I want to recognize the extraordinary contribution that my colleague, Scot Beckenbaugh, Deputy Director for Mediation Services, made in providing herculean assistance of the highest caliber to the parties throughout the most critical periods in the negotiations," FMCS Director George Cohen said as part of a statement.

The new CBA, which still must be drafted and formerly approved by both parties, would replace the agreement that expired Sept. 15.

More to come.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Colts?

No...probably not
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Seven games in a row that I've put money on, I have lost. That almost makes it look like I'm TRYING to lose.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Looks like it's only a matter of time now before Cheese loses his Charlestown Chiefs Beer League title.

If I had to guess, Cheese will be playing for the Sacko this year.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said
Looks like it's only a matter of time now before Cheese loses his Charlestown Chiefs Beer League title.

If I had to guess, Cheese will be playing for the Sacko this year.

wake up poop, wake up...you've been asleep....

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

when it comes to hockey poopcus over here is like a limp dick

well, there's really no joke there, other than the fact that a limp dick is useless

so whatever...you get the fucking picture

this guy and no one else for that fucking matter has a fucking chance against me

and they fucking know it

they know it

fucking nothin...

that's what you got

nothin

*spit*

fucking douchebags

no but seriously i love ya

and i wish ya all the best in your endeavor to de-throne me.

good luck.

love ya!

fucking cunts

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Puck Bunny Brawlers is gonna give you a run for your money!

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Holy Crap, that was an intense fourth quarter!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Lets go Texans!
Hey! Denty!
fortysixand2

Post by fortysixand2 »

Should have taken the 3 points instead of going for it on 4th.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ravenpig said
Lets go Texans!

Fuck them and everything else in Texas

Go BRADY!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^everyone who makes generalizations is an asshole
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ravenpig said
^everyone who makes generalizations is an asshole

I'm not generalizing!

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I was joking. I was also generalizing.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ravenpig said
I was joking. I was also generalizing.

fuck anyone from texas making jokes about generalizations!

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I picked four out of five matches for the round on the weekend for the A-League. Fuck yeah.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Pop quiz, assholes.

No cheating either...or at least give it a shot anyway before googling.

There are only three arenas in the NHL without corporate sponsorship's.  

Name them.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

cheeseballs said
Pop quiz, assholes.

No cheating either...or at least give it a shot anyway before googling.

There are only three arenas in the NHL without corporate sponsorship's.  

Name them.

Joe Louis Arena is one of 'em. (Duh, what Red Wings fan wouldn't post some random poll where somehow the Red Wings weren't part of the answer)

Madison Square Garden

and.....
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

one more!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

why is it one day i can post a fucking picture then the next not...fucking bullshit stupid cock sucking ass munch shit fuck!
kdub420
Maynard Believer

Post by kdub420 »

NINERS, baby!!  The SF Bay has been rockin...first the World Series Champions SF Giants & now our beloved Niners who WILL be going to & winning the Super Bowl