Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Re: Sports Thread

Post by BlackHole83 »

The Boss wrote:Brillant, Birighitti, and Taggart, all from the Newcastle Jets, made the Socceroos squad for the World Cup.

OWNED OWNED OWNED. If those three start every match, we'll be winning the Cup.
Your dreaming. Can't wait for the cup. 27 days!!!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

BlackHole83 wrote:
The Boss wrote:Brillant, Birighitti, and Taggart, all from the Newcastle Jets, made the Socceroos squad for the World Cup.

OWNED OWNED OWNED. If those three start every match, we'll be winning the Cup.
Your dreaming. Can't wait for the cup. 27 days!!!
Those three are the hungriest players in the country. Give Taggart half a chance, and he'll hit the back of the net, regardless of the opponent.

Two out of three of my interviewers this morning are huge football fans. I hope I get this job just so that I'll have someone in this country to talk World Cup with.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

ilikecheese wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Apparently the rule is if a "player hits the offensive player on the hand and the ball goes out of bounds the offensive team keeps possession".

So I guess it was the correct call.
That makes no sense. If a player hits another player who has the ball on the hand, that should be a foul.
Oh fuck the NBGAY already....
:o
The hand is part of the ball. Just how it's always been
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

ilikecheese wrote:That makes no sense. If a player hits another player who has the ball on the hand, that should be a foul.
You're not making sense Cheese. Did you even read what Pig wrote? The defensive player made a grab for the ball, got the offensive player's hand instead (clearly a foul), which knocked the ball out of bounds. The reason Doc was so pissed is that it was last touched by the offensive player and he thought it should have been Clips ball. It would have been much less controversial if it wasn't in the last seconds of the game. It most likely changed the outcome of the game and the series. I'd be pissed too, except I'm very much looking forward to the Clips losing.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:That makes no sense. If a player hits another player who has the ball on the hand, that should be a foul.
You're not making sense Cheese. Did you even read what Pig wrote? The defensive player made a grab for the ball, got the offensive player's hand instead (clearly a foul), which knocked the ball out of bounds. The reason Doc was so pissed is that it was last touched by the offensive player and he thought it should have been Clips ball. It would have been much less controversial if it wasn't in the last seconds of the game. It most likely changed the outcome of the game and the series. I'd be pissed too, except I'm very much looking forward to the Clips losing.
Yes I am and yes I did.
You're not facing the music is all because you want the Clippers to lose.

The NBGAY loves people like you, kittaan because you will eat their shit all day long and never question.
It's a shit sport with shittier officiating and they blew it.

Again.

Not an OUNCE of integrity in that league.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Sports Thread

Post by Kittaan »

I am fine with you having that opinion. Now leave me alone.

Steve Kerr is the Warriors new head coach. I am fairly ambivalent.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Well so far I got Miami right on the nose and Spurs right but off by one game.

I still think OKC wins but not til Game 7. My Wizards pick is looking shaky but the way the Pacers looked last game, you never know.
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Easy win for Collingwood tonight.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:Yangervis Solarte was 3 for 4 last night, 1 RBI, 2 runs scored. he is now batting .330 with a .403 on base percentage. hey Raven, did you remember Cano being a top prospect in the Yankee organization? no? that makes sense because he never was. three infielders got hurt, can't remember who exactly, he was called up and never sent back to the minors. I'm just saying, aren't you a Ranger fan? didn't they release him for nothing? maybe you should trade us Prince Fielder and we'd consider sending him back your way. being 12th in runs scored and 17th in slugging percentage in THAT stadium where balls fly out if you check swing, I'm surprised you let this stud go. Donnie Murphy is batting .211, I'm just saying that would be an upgrade. no?

and I'm still posting about him because Markus was telling me in Spring training that he wasn't facing "major league pitching" and wouldn't continue his torrid pace. that, obviously was wrong. it's now half way through May and this kid isn't going anywhere.
Difference is I'm not yapping on how great the Rangers are. Their offense sucked last year and it's not so good this year either. I'm starting to see why Yanker fans have such a bad reputation.

Cano was already an established guy by the time he was 26. You keep talking about Solarte as if he's some 20 year old kid. The Rangers let him go because they had Kinsler (at the time), Profar, AND Odor (who's off to a decent start) ahead of him. He wasn't getting past Profar at the very least. Like Chris Davis, I don't care if he has a monster year the Rangers still made the right move.

Loulz at the "it's Mid-May" comment by the way. Ateast you made me (unintentionally) laugh.
Solarte. BOO-YAH!!!! hahahahaha

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.js ... y_32876041
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

yeah we have a bad reputation for constantly winning World Series Championships for 100 years. TANAKA!!! GOJIRA-SON!!!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.js ... y_32884523
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Loulz. "We". What's your batting average and what position do you play?
Hey! Denty!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

$$$$$$$$$
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:Loulz. "We". What's your batting average and what position do you play?
I've been contributing to the gross income since 1985. not limited to season tickets, playoff seats, merchandise, VHS and DVD collections. Yankee fans are inclusive, or didn't you know that? do you think the Steinbrenner family considers the fans when they spend 200+ million dollars every year? they're not doing it for return, that's for sure. they could easily sit on half that money and the games will still sell out. "WE"
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:Easy win for Collingwood tonight.
Crows seem to be playing alright tonight so not so easy I guess! Adelaide Oval is a fantastic venue now. Probably the best in Oz.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:I am fairly amphibious.
Ok, Charles...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

European soccer coming to the United States this summer after the World Cup
http://www.internationalchampionscup.com/schedule/sch/
Inter Milan vs Real Madrid, even without superstars should be pretty entertaining.

Clippers blew'd it. Chris Paul specifically, with the 3 point foul and turnover at the end. Should not have been anywhere near Russell Westbrook.
Whose team is best suited to beating Miami: SA, OKC, LAC?
If SA can pull it off, I think it will be the first time a team that lost game 7, came back to win it the following year.
Last edited by bonebroke on Thu May 15, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

And we won. Too bad Collingwood fans.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ilikecheese wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
Yes I am and yes I did.

The NBGAY loves people like you, kittaan because you will eat their shit all day long and never question.

Again.

Not an OUNCE of integrity in that league.
I am marginally disturbed by your continued usage of "NBGAY"...are you homophobic? Calling Basketball a shit sport is ignorant and I would expect better out of you. I understand if you have issues with the NBA, but that shouldn't impact how you view an entire sport. I get it if you do not enjoy basketball but the shit sport statement is absurd.

Raven is 100% correct. In this instance, while a foul SHOULD have been called, it was missed. In that case, it left only one option, which was to deal SPECIFICALLY with the out of bounds call, which the refs got correct. Raven and Kittaan have tried to point this out to you. Dealing in what ifs in sport is foolish. Every sport has tons of "what ifs". Officials are human and they don't always get it right. That is the same in ANY and EVERY sport the world over.

You are wrong on this cheese on multiple levels. I like you and admire your sense of humor, but you are absolutely wrong on this issue.
The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Furthermore, the Clippers have absolutely nothing to bitch about. They had a HUGE lead and they had numerous opportunities to close it out. Focusing on that one call takes away from how well OKC played to get back into the game. It NEVER should have gotten that close. Chris Paul played terrible down the stretch and the Clippers gave the game away. The focus at the end of the game should have been on the Clippers inability to close the deal. And this is coming from someone who is pulling for the Clippers. I want them to win this series. Those players have had to deal with a remarkable amount of bullshit during a playoff run and I want to see them advance. They had it in their grasp, they had control of the game, and they let it go.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

You're not making sense Cheese. Did you even read what Pig wrote? The defensive player made a grab for the ball, got the offensive player's hand instead (clearly a foul), which knocked the ball out of bounds. The reason Doc was so pissed is that it was last touched by the offensive player and he thought it should have been Clips ball. It would have been much less controversial if it wasn't in the last seconds of the game. It most likely changed the outcome of the game and the series. I'd be pissed too, except I'm very much looking forward to the Clips losing.[/quote]
Yes I am and yes I did.

Again.

Not an OUNCE of integrity in that league.[/quote]

I am marginally disturbed by your continued usage of "NBGAY"...are you homophobic? Calling Basketball a shit sport is ignorant and I would expect better out of you. I understand if you have issues with the NBA, but that shouldn't impact how you view an entire sport. I get it if you do not enjoy basketball but the shit sport statement is absurd.

Raven is 100% correct. In this instance, while a foul SHOULD have been called, it was missed. In that case, it left only one option, which was to deal SPECIFICALLY with the out of bounds call, which the refs got correct. Raven and Kittaan have tried to point this out to you. Dealing in what ifs in sport is foolish. Every sport has tons of "what ifs". Officials are human and they don't always get it right. That is the same in ANY and EVERY sport the world over.

You are wrong on this cheese on multiple levels. I like you and admire your sense of humor, but you are absolutely wrong on this issue.[/quote]

sigh...have you ever known me to be homophobic?
No, so why start now? Don't read to much into my trolling of kittaan, dude; he deserves it, imeo.
Let me be "clear and inconclusive" about this; it seems good enough for the commissioner so why not.
First, there should have been a foul called.
had that happened, whatshisfuck should have gone to the line because it looked like he was in the act of shooting, at least to me. What I disagree with is the fact that the ball went out of bounds off the okc player and it didn't change possession.
to me, the rule is wrong and it happened again last night but I haven't read about that.

So, no I'm not homophobic.

I have a penis and me and my penis are like THIS! I bet I could pick mine out of a lineup though.
:shock:

Besides, it's ok to make fun of soccer players as being gay,so......we just can't call them racist names...read that somewhere recently....
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

if that is fucked up looking, i'm at work....weird fucking computers here....fucking windows....lmmfgo
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Loulz. "We". What's your batting average and what position do you play?
I've been contributing to the gross income since 1985. not limited to season tickets, playoff seats, merchandise, VHS and DVD collections. Yankee fans are inclusive, or didn't you know that? do you think the Steinbrenner family considers the fans when they spend 200+ million dollars every year? they're not doing it for return, that's for sure. they could easily sit on half that money and the games will still sell out. "WE"
But you didn't tell me what your batting average and position was.

"We". LOULZ
Hey! Denty!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ravenpig wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
But you didn't tell me what your batting average and position was.

"We". LOULZ
NY is definitely the catcher ;) ;) ;)
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yoiks.