Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Sports Thread

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

oh and game 7 tonight. 7PM Eastern Standard. those cry babies are going to try and save face by beating us on their home ice. we're outranked and out skilled so the pressure is definitely on them. right now we're playing with house money being down 3-1 in this series. look for more of this from Kreider.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:BUS SLOGANS FOR 2014 WORLD CUP

Algeria: Desert Warriors In Brazil

Argentina: Not just a team, we are a country

Australia: Socceroos: Hopping Our Way Into History!

Belgium: Expect The Impossible!

Bosnia and Herzegovina: Dragons In Heart, Dragons On The Field!

Brazil: Brace Yourselves! The 6th Is Coming!

Cameroon: A lion remains a Lion

Chile: Go Chile

Colombia: Here travels a nation, not just a team!

Costa Rica: My passion is football, my strength is my people, my pride is Costa Rica.

Côte d'Ivoire: Elephants charging towards Brazil!

Croatia: With Fire In Our Hearts, For Croatia All As One!

Ecuador: One Commitment, One Passion, Only One Heart, This Is For You Ecuador!

England: The Dream Of One Team, The Heartbeat Of Millions!!

France: Impossible Is Not A French Word

Germany: One Nation, One Team, One Dream!

Ghana: Black Stars: Here To Illuminate Brazil

Greece: 'Heroes Play Like Greeks'

Honduras: We are one country, one nation, five stars on the heart

Iran: Honour Of Persia

Italy: Let’s paint the FIFA World Cup dream blue

Japan: Samurai, The Time Has Come To Fight!

Korea Republic: Enjoy it, Reds!

Mexico: Always united, Always aztecas

Netherlands: Real Men Wear Orange

Nigeria: Only Together We Can Win

Portugal: The past is history. The future is victory.

Russia: No one can catch us

Spain: Inside our hearts, the passion of a champion

Switzerland: End Station: 13.07.2014 Maracana! Final Stop: 07-13-14 Maracana!

Uruguay: Three million dreams … Let’s go Uruguay

USA: United By Team, Driven By Passion

How fucking embarrassing.
"Gee, I don't know why 'Merka don't like footy?!"

It could be worse though.......

Imagine this nightmare of a headline....

"Gary Bettman elected new FIFA President; to implement 'foot in the crease' rule next Cup"
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Thanks Kit!! My blazers have to make history now haha.

And Miami wasn't an established team. They were better than Cleveland tho. I don't blame him for leaving. Dan gilbert is a fuck head
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yeah, good luck with that bro! Tough road.

Arguing with BlackHole is like shouting into a Black Hole. Why bother?
Ki77aan :twisted:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan wrote:Yeah, good luck with that bro! Tough road.

Haha yeah it's a nearly impossible road. San Antonio just doesn't miss shots. We have to shoot the lights out just to stay in it.

I'll try to not argue further but I can't help it sometimes hah. Let's just agree that Dan Gilbert is a fuck stick and Miami is a nicer city than Cleveland and leave it at that haha
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Yeah, good luck with that bro! Tough road.

Haha yeah it's a nearly impossible road. San Antonio just doesn't miss shots. We have to shoot the lights out just to stay in it.

I'll try to not argue further but I can't help it sometimes hah. Let's just agree that Dan Gilbert is a fuck stick and Miami is a nicer city than Cleveland and leave it at that haha
I got your back. LeBron is the fucking man. Don't give a fuck who you are playing for dropping 49 on a team in a playoff game = being a fucking boss
The most intelligent person on this forum
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I like to poop naked.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:Yangervis Solarte was 3 for 4 last night, 1 RBI, 2 runs scored. he is now batting .330 with a .403 on base percentage. hey Raven, did you remember Cano being a top prospect in the Yankee organization? no? that makes sense because he never was. three infielders got hurt, can't remember who exactly, he was called up and never sent back to the minors. I'm just saying, aren't you a Ranger fan? didn't they release him for nothing? maybe you should trade us Prince Fielder and we'd consider sending him back your way. being 12th in runs scored and 17th in slugging percentage in THAT stadium where balls fly out if you check swing, I'm surprised you let this stud go. Donnie Murphy is batting .211, I'm just saying that would be an upgrade. no?

and I'm still posting about him because Markus was telling me in Spring training that he wasn't facing "major league pitching" and wouldn't continue his torrid pace. that, obviously was wrong. it's now half way through May and this kid isn't going anywhere.
Difference is I'm not yapping on how great the Rangers are. Their offense sucked last year and it's not so good this year either. I'm starting to see why Yanker fans have such a bad reputation.

Cano was already an established guy by the time he was 26. You keep talking about Solarte as if he's some 20 year old kid. The Rangers let him go because they had Kinsler (at the time), Profar, AND Odor (who's off to a decent start) ahead of him. He wasn't getting past Profar at the very least. Like Chris Davis, I don't care if he has a monster year the Rangers still made the right move.

Loulz at the "it's Mid-May" comment by the way. Ateast you made me (unintentionally) laugh.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

xZ1mM3r wrote:And Miami wasn't an established team.
Yes they were.
They established themselves way back in 1996.
Aside from a couple shitty seasons they've been contenders every single year before fuckstick got there.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

^ By fuckstick he means the Magnificent King James who drops 49 points on bitches. All hail fuckstick
The most intelligent person on this forum
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

ilikecheese wrote:
Yes they were.
Aside from a couple shitty seasons they've been contenders every single year before fuckstick got there.
The team belongs to Wade. The self proclaimed "king" joined Wade to win a championship. If he would have stayed in Cleveland and won rings with a supporting cast that supported him, then I would give him more props. Jumping ship to join a contender, weak sauce. Not the qualities of a "king" . Un loyal as they come. Did MJ jump ship? Did Kobe?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

BlackHole83 wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:
Yes they were.
The team belongs to Wade. The self proclaimed "king" joined Wade to win a championship. If he would have stayed in Cleveland and won rings with a supporting cast that supported him, then I would give him more props. Jumping ship to join a contender, weak sauce. Not the qualities of a "king" . Un loyal as they come. Did MJ jump ship? Did Kobe?
No they had shaq in his prime and pippin. Actually the entire bulls team was amazing. Read up on how well the bulls did after Jordan left... They were still amazing. Phil. Jackson. Jordan and Kobe had him. You think spolstra will be remembered like Jackson? Ha!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The argument that lebron jumped ship is ridiculous. He is the best player in the game. He is the reason they have won 2 championships. Just face it.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Dude:

Cleveland put all kinds of players around him, they had the best record in the nba two years in a row, and then?.....

free agency.

"I don't want to be a pretentious PRICK like, oh, I don't know, someone like Maynard, but I'm Lebron James, so I'll do something low-key and humble like any wise "King" would do," and that would, of course, be to make a ONE HOUR SPECIAL DEDICATED TO HIS 'DECISION!' IF THAT'S NOT THE BIGGEST EGO FUCKSTICK MOVE IN THE HISTORY OF FUCKING SPORTS I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS?!

COCKSUCKING SHIP JUMPER IS A TERM THAT COMES TO MIND.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
BlackHole83 wrote:
ilikecheese wrote: Yes they were.
No they had shaq in his prime and pippin. Actually the entire bulls team was amazing. Read up on how well the bulls did after Jordan left... They were still amazing. Phil. Jackson. Jordan and Kobe had him. You think spolstra will be remembered like Jackson? Ha!
Pat Riley who is a proven winner heads the organisation and micromanages everything
Spoelstra does. Riley and Wade had already led them to a title in 2006 so them being established shouldn't even be questioned. LBJ got his rings the easy way, not the way of the "greats". Is he a baller? Fuck yeah the dude has mad game, it's the way he shat all over Cleveland and it's loyal fan base that irks me. He has no loyalty, which is why I compared him to the others. He is the new age athlete, the old ways of staying loyal and fighting thru adversity and rebounding from that adversity and deliver a ring are over. No more players with the qualities as MJ or Bird or Magic or even Kobe. Those days are through. If he had stayed in Cleveland and toughed it out and won his ring the hard way, I would respect the dude. That's the end of it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Again with the "look at the Bulls record after Jordan's first retirement"

Go look at the second year post-Jordan (up to when he first came back). Go ahead, I'll wait......

Not so great now, is it?
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Crazy run by OKC to close that game out.

The Clips got screwed by those calls though.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:Crazy run by OKC to close that game out.

For once, I loved the officiating!
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Heh yea I figured. I have no dog in that fight so I don't care. Doesn't change the fact that they got bent over.

For the record even if the Clips had won I still think OKC would've won in 7.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Crazy run by OKC to close that game out.

For once, I loved the officiating!
Yea, just saw this, but not on ESPN because fuck espn (fuck capitalizing it from now on, too, proper fucking douchebag noun or not/ more like improper but that's another story for another day).

The article from NBC Sports is saying, paraphrasing, 'this isn't why the clippers lost, etc.... but it is what everyone's talking about.'

They have that right, sure.

They forgot one little thing....watching that play only serves to remind Cheese why Cheese doesn't watch the nba.
How anyone in the league, fans included, can look at that play and be proud
that THAT is an eample of your best product (playoff basketball)
is way the fuck beyond Cheese.
In hockey, or any other legit sport,
(which would be any sport which has rules in which to govern the play AND which are enforced accordingly and, most importantly to the players and coaches, consistently),
that would be called a dive 101% of the time, the player would get a penalty, the ball would have been awarded to the other team (the correct rule-based decision in that case), and you wouldn't see it tried for months.

In the nba it happens every game.

Russian mafia.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Apparently the rule is if a "player hits the offensive player on the hand and the ball goes out of bounds the offensive team keeps possession".

So I guess it was the correct call.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Brillant, Birighitti, and Taggart, all from the Newcastle Jets, made the Socceroos squad for the World Cup.

OWNED OWNED OWNED. If those three start every match, we'll be winning the Cup.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ravenpig wrote:Apparently the rule is if a "player hits the offensive player on the hand and the ball goes out of bounds the offensive team keeps possession".

So I guess it was the correct call.
That makes no sense. If a player hits another player who has the ball on the hand, that should be a foul.
Oh fuck the NBGAY already....
:o
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Oh, and by the way poop and mog.....

I wasn't going to say anything but, like Bill Cosby, I'M IN A BAD AND I'M GOING TO TAKE IT OUT ON YOU!

TIGERS WITH THE SWEEP IN BALTI-LESS!