Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

nah he was faking
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said

snazzlefrass said

Every big game I've watched Michigan play they've lost. Did I mention how much I hate basketball? Every time I watch it some sissy is faking an injury.

That dude on Louisville wasn't faking an injury, that's for sure.  Ouch

Compound Fracture.  Dude's shin bone was sticking out.  He is supposed to have Surgery tonight.

As for Duke, they couldn't slow down Louisville's guards and they missed a number of open shots.  Not a recipe for success.  Louisville looked very good, as did Michigan.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Baseball season is back.  And the O's start it off with a win.

I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said

Matt and Chris both went deep.  Great way to start off the season.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

And AJ went like 3-4 with 2 doubles, 2 runs and 2 ribs and put 'em ahead to stay with his double in the 7th.  Totally justifying me taking him in the 3rd round in my fantasy draft this year.  

And that Davis homer was a freaking bomb.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said
And AJ went like 3-4 with 2 doubles, 2 runs and 2 ribs and put 'em ahead to stay with his double in the 7th.  Totally justifying me taking him in the 3rd round in my fantasy draft this year.  

And that Davis homer was a freaking bomb.

Dude seeing AJ go the other way was a really good sign.  He was trying to pull the ball wayyyy to much at the end of last season.  Davis is going to have a MONSTER year.  Like a 40+ HR 120+ RBI year.  Everybody in baseball is on the fucking Toronto band wagon this year but watch the O's are going to win the division if we stay healthy.  Fuck the Blue Jays.

Did you see Darvish was one out away from a no hitter?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Man Darvish came so fucking close. Dude is surpassing how hype now. Incredible.

And I hated when Crush (do you all call him that over there?) Davis was traded, but he needed the change of scenery. O's definitely scored big on that trade.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig said
Man Darvish came so fucking close. Dude is surpassing how hype now. Incredible.

And I hated when Crush (do you all call him that over there?) Davis was traded, but he needed the change of scenery. O's definitely scored big on that trade.

Darvish was fucking dialed in.  Dominant.

Na we don't call him Crush over here.  But yeah we did score big.  I would be shocked if he didn't hit over 40 jacks this year.  He has that effortless Griffey like swing.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

And now back to something interesting...

Jeebus, is the NBA Western conference up for grabs or what?  There are only a handfull of games left, but so much drama with injuries, slumps, surges and some TIGHT races down to the wire... Top 5 have already locked in for a playoff spot, but it's wide open as to where they will actually land.  And the bottom 6-8 is just as up in the air.  I'm pretty confident my W's will get a slot, but don't know if we can hang on to 6 down the stretch.  I have a feeling that of any of the potential match ups we get, only the Clips provide a path to the second round for us. If the regular season ended right now, we'd face Denver, and I don't like our chances there at all... Likewise Spurs or OKC, obviously.  Memphis, possibly...  Anybody else following this?
Ki77aan :twisted:
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

What is this NBA you speak of?
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said

Jesus, poop....  I suppose you could just stare at her all day...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

badkittygothgirl said

This.  I mean, the NBA is interesting?????  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  Thanks for the biggest laugh I've had on here in quite a while.

Cheese, my favorite part of that gif is that thanks to her rocking out you can see parts of her midriff.  Older woman midriff, talk about a major meow!!

As for Chris Davis, I think some O's fans call him Crash (ala Crash Davis from Bull Durham), not Crush.  I've seen others refer to him as Hulk, as in "Hulk Smash" when he hits homers like the one he hit yesterday.  The O's got him (b/c Texas wanted to go with Mitch Moreland at 1B) and Tommy Hunter for Koji Uehara a few years ago.  Both Tommy and Chris are still on the O's and Koji's now with Boston.  Would have to think the O's won that deal.

It was nice to see Darvish smiling last night after he lost the no-no/perfect game.  Nice to see him being a good sport about it but I'm sure inside he was thinking "some asshole career .220 hitter got a hit with 1 out to go for my perfect game."

And Mog, I think AJ, Davis, and Wieters are all primed for huge years.  If I'm the O's I'm locking up Wieters during this season much like they did with AJ last year.  Not letting the switch hitting Jesus become a free agent.

Oh, and the NBA's interesting?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha.  Yep still hilariously funny.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said

badkittygothgirl said

This.  I mean, the NBA is interesting?????  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  Thanks for the biggest laugh I've had on here in quite a while.

Cheese, my favorite part of that gif is that thanks to her rocking out you can see parts of her midriff.  Older woman midriff, talk about a major meow!!

As for Chris Davis, I think some O's fans call him Crash (ala Crash Davis from Bull Durham), not Crush.  I've seen others refer to him as Hulk, as in "Hulk Smash" when he hits homers like the one he hit yesterday.  The O's got him (b/c Texas wanted to go with Mitch Moreland at 1B) and Tommy Hunter for Koji Uehara a few years ago.  Both Tommy and Chris are still on the O's and Koji's now with Boston.  Would have to think the O's won that deal.

It was nice to see Darvish smiling last night after he lost the no-no/perfect game.  Nice to see him being a good sport about it but I'm sure inside he was thinking "some asshole career .220 hitter got a hit with 1 out to go for my perfect game."

And Mog, I think AJ, Davis, and Wieters are all primed for huge years.  If I'm the O's I'm locking up Wieters during this season much like they did with AJ last year.  Not letting the switch hitting Jesus become a free agent.

Oh, and the NBA's interesting?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha.  Yep still hilariously funny.

^ This.  Been saying this constantly as in every fucking time I watch an O's game.  Pay the man now before the Yankees toss stupid money at him.  Switch hitting power hitting catcher with an arm that can level a small city.  Pay the man!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Kittaan said
And now back to something interesting...

Jeebus, is the NBA Western conference up for grabs or what?  There are only a handfull of games left, but so much drama with injuries, slumps, surges and some TIGHT races down to the wire... Top 5 have already locked in for a playoff spot, but it's wide open as to where they will actually land.  And the bottom 6-8 is just as up in the air.  I'm pretty confident my W's will get a slot, but don't know if we can hang on to 6 down the stretch.  I have a feeling that of any of the potential match ups we get, only the Clips provide a path to the second round for us. If the regular season ended right now, we'd face Denver, and I don't like our chances there at all... Likewise Spurs or OKC, obviously.  Memphis, possibly...  Anybody else following this?

An almost perfect game isn't interesting to you?  My brother and his gf were glued to the tv the last few innings of that game and neither one of them really gives a damn about the Rangers, nevermind Yu.

And I love the NBA but shit like this doesn't let my doubt for its legitimacy die.  If you all haven't already you should really watch this.

Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

^Ha.   I saw that video yesterday and meant to post it here but forgot.  Heaven's to betsy David Stern and his NBA have the Lakers on the outside looking in, come playoff time.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Oh that's a bunch of crap.  It's basketball.  It is incredibly difficult to referee.  Sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't.  It is akin to soccer, when a team bitches about losing because the ref missed what should have been a PK.  If you expect to rely on refs to win the game for you it ain't gonna happen.  You want to win, make shots, that simple.  I am sure someone else could put together a four minute clip where the Lakers are getting no calls go their way.  And keep in mind dude I HATE the Lakers with a passion.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Maybe so. But this compilation doesn't show much ref error. It shows favoritism.

Kobe shoots jumper. Ref looks at shot til it misses badly. THEN calls "foul".
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig said
Maybe so. But this compilation doesn't show much ref error. It shows favoritism.

Kobe shoots jumper. Ref looks at shot til it misses badly. THEN calls "foul".

Look at baseball dude.  How many years did Greg Maddux get that extra inch or two off the plate?  He didn't get it because the Umps wanted the Braves to win.  When you consistently hit the same spot over and over and over again you absolutely start to trick the Umpires eye.  Star players tend to get the benefit of the doubt because they are consistent.  Jordan got fouled all the time because most of the time the guy guarding him HAD to foul to keep him out of the paint.  So he learned to use that to his advantage.  There is an art to drawing a foul.  And because the refs are seeing a pattern of fouls throughout a game it can become easy to trick them into calling a cheap one.  Same applies to Kobe.  How often does Kobe miss THAT badly?  Easy to trick the ref into calling a foul for that very reason.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Fine I'll give you Kobe.  Explain Howard throwing that dude to the floor and that dude gets called for a foul.  Explain Dirk (also a superstar) getting blatantly fouled and there's no call.

Lets go to some history.  Explain the 2002 Conference Finals Game 6.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig said
Fine I'll give you Kobe.  Explain Howard throwing that dude to the floor and that dude gets called for a foul.  Explain Dirk (also a superstar) getting blatantly fouled and there's no call.

^ Shit you need to grab me some footage I don't remember that game off the top of my head.

As for Dirk dude he get's calls just like Kobe.  He got plenty of ticky tack calls against the Heat in the finals in 2011.  That is basketball.  He made his free throws and took advantage of the calls he got.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yep, the NBA is the poster child of questionable activity... Baseball, Football and Hockey are pristine examples of sportsmanship and morality... give me a fucking break.  With rampant steroid use, criminal activity, incentives to injure opponents, etc.  Glass houses people.  And they are overpaid prima donnas... just like other major sports stars, granted...

For my money, the skill level, athleticism and just playing enjoyment of watching basketball (College included) blows away the other sports mentioned above.  I also dig watching Soccer for similar reasons.  Baseball, Football and Hockey.... I'd rather watch grass grow or paint dry.  Fucking boring.

By the way, I agree with questioning the refs calls and conduct in general, but by no means is this issue limited to Basketball.

So suck it losers.  
Ki77aan :twisted:
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

mogeffingmog said

Ravenpig said

^ Shit you need to grab me some footage I don't remember that game off the top of my head.

As for Dirk dude he get's calls just like Kobe.  He got plenty of ticky tack calls against the Heat in the finals in 2011.  That is basketball.  He made his free throws and took advantage of the calls he got.

Was the '02 Conference Finals the one where the Kings got absolutely, royally screwed against the Lakers?
I like to poop naked.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Lulz at Kitaan dropping a-bombs on an ant hill.

And Poop, yes it is.
Hey! Denty!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

An NHL Ice Rink Broken Down.  Funny stuff!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 0572_o.jpg
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

@Marcus - Davis with another homer today! Fucking Grand Slam.  Dude is on fire.