Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Melo three straight 40+ point games tying Bernard King. Knicks win 11 in a row for the first time since 1993-94. Look out.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

M0gZilla said
@Marcus - Davis with another homer today! Fucking Grand Slam.  Dude is on fire.

Dude is on pace to hit 162 homers and drive in around 648 runs.  Fucking monster!  Can't wait for the O's to make it to the west coast so I can see 'em in person.  Other than friends/family, 2 things I miss most about MD are thunderstorms and going to O's/Skins/United/Caps/Wiz/Terps games.  That and maybe seeing awesome shows at the 9:30 club.

I like to poop naked.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

markuspoop said

M0gZilla said
@Marcus - Davis with another homer today! Fucking Grand Slam.  Dude is on fire.

Dude is on pace to hit 162 homers and drive in around 648 runs.  Fucking monster!  Can't wait for the O's to make it to the west coast so I can see 'em in person.  Other than friends/family, 2 things I miss most about MD are thunderstorms and going to O's/Skins/United/Caps/Wiz/Terps games.  That and maybe seeing awesome shows at the 9:30 club.

When Buck Showalter said give me two Spring Trainings to turn this ship around he was dead right. Yankees should have canned Girardi and hired him two years ago, plus made "The Stick" the new GM and sent Cashman packing. He should be closely working with talent development down in Florida instead of scaling buildings on a rope and breaking bones jumping out of planes. I'm officially ashamed of my team and their $230 million dollar payroll. If we don't make the postseason heads will/should rolll.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

12 in a row.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

30 minutes (or 30 "minutes" for those who use the "better" metric system) until tip-off of the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Final 2013, pitting the Louisville Cardinals against my Michigan Wolverines.

All shit aside, it should be a barn-burner down to the wire and I wouldn't rule out multiple OT's tonight.  

May the best team win and may the ref's let the players play ball.

GO BLUE!!!!!

Hail! to the victors valiant 
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes 
Hail! Hail! to Michigan 
The leaders and best! 
Hail! to the victors valiant 
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes 
Hail! Hail! to Michigan, 
The champions of the West!

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ It was a great game, Cheese.  I was rootin' for your Blue, but it wasn't to be.

Watching the Knicks/Bulls games earlier tonight and got a little Sober action in the 4th.  Not the first time I've heard Tool during a sporting event, but it still makes me do a double take... whahuh?
Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

NYHC81 said
12 in a row.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand broken..... by 

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

enjoying The Masters at the moment
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Just heard "Vicarious," at the 5:35 mark of the 2nd period, played just before the puck drop at the time) in the hockey game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Dallas Stars.

That is all.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

That's cool...and in other news, the Crapitals are losing....to a girl!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

badkittygothgirl said

Wait, what?!?!  You're a girl?  All this time I had thought you were just a smoking hot dude with ginormous moobs. 

Of course I was just content to quietly play out this week, what with my goalies again for the 2nd time in 3 days giving up 8 goals in a day, but now it's on like donkey kong.

At least I can take solace in the fact that the actual Caps are playing better than my Craps.  And, for that matter, playing better than the Atlanta Thrashers.

I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

"Re cancellation of Celtics-Pacers: This will be the first time a team plays fewer than 82 games since NBA went to 82-game schedule."

"Just 81 total contests will be reflected in the history books. It'll be a good trivia question 20 yrs from now"

I was wondering the same thing, and stumbled upon this.

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/2 ... eschedule/

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said

badkittygothgirl said

Wait, what?!?!  You're a girl?  All this time I had thought you were just a smoking hot dude with ginormous moobs. 

Of course I was just content to quietly play out this week, what with my goalies again for the 2nd time in 3 days giving up 8 goals in a day, but now it's on like donkey kong.

At least I can take solace in the fact that the actual Caps are playing better than my Craps.  And, for that matter, playing better than the Atlanta Thrashers.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Fuck Arsenal.

Theo Walcott is a boss tho
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said

soccer

done with hockey now are we?
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Essendon.

Remember that word come September. Just remember it.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Mogshuggah said
^ Fuck Arsenal.

Fuck Arsenal, indeed.  Just an amazing run by Walcott there though.

Of course it's not as amazing as The Switch-hitting Jesus hitting a walk-off grandslam last night.

And cheeser, of course I'm not done with hockey.  Still 3 days left to make Kitty my pussy.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said

Mogshuggah said
^ Fuck Arsenal.

Fuck Arsenal, indeed.  Just an amazing run by Walcott there though.

Of course it's not as amazing as The Switch-hitting Jesus hitting a walk-off grandslam last night.

And cheeser, of course I'm not done with hockey.  Still 3 days left to make Kitty my pussy.

^ Fuck yeah Matty jacked that one last night.  Pay that motherfucker NOW.  Looking forward to the 3 game set with the Dodgers.  Any chance to beat up on LA makes me smile.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

speaking of pulling things out of my ass, I'm down by one in the final weekend of the beer league finals.  As I am unaccustomed to being behind, I have conjured the spirit of Svetlana FedeRock to help me snatch (heh) the victory [sic] form the jaws of defeat.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

focus.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I can't stand the Knicks but I'd freaking LOVE it if they knocked out Miami.

Probably not gonna happen but one can hope.

Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Not gunna happen.  Heat will repeat.

@Marcus - O's with the early win in the double header against the Dodgers.  Game two just started.  Honoring Earl Weaver today.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

"It's not looking good right now, no.  We're getting beat in the lanes and along the boards and if ya can't get through that, you're never gonna have anything at the net so...we've got to over come that, it's that simple.  We've got one more day, we've got a lot of guys in the line up, our goal-tending has been strong and kept us in it till now, so we'll go out and see what happens."

-Cheese, on his chance at a repeat as champion of the Charlestown Chiefs Beer League.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

It was looking good for me until FUCKING Miller royally shit the bed then painted it all over the walls in the Sabres 8-4 loss to the Rangers the other night.