Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Sports Thread

Post by Kittaan »

That's way too reality based an explanation for Cheese.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

It looks like OKC will take Game 3. 100/84 OKC with 5:37 left. Ibaka was the difference, plus they're at home.
Kittaan wrote:SA, SA, OKC, SA, SA
By the way....
Kittaan wrote:Ind*, Mia, Mia, Ind, Ind, Mia, Mia
* Yes, I know.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea I have OKC/SA right on the nose as well.

OKC was winning this game with or without (yooooouuuuu) Ibaka.
Hey! Denty!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Anyone else bored when it comes to this years NBA Playoffs? There were a good few series early on but it just seems flat. This may be due to my dwindling interest of the NBA, but it just seems all too predictable. Just give the boring ass heat the trophy already, we all know it is going to happen. Lebron will get his third finals MVP and everyone will keep up the MJ/Kobe/LBJ comparisons. It's just lost its flair, it's emotion, it's excitement.

Again, it's probably just me, but the whole heat saga has me really turned off the game.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It has gotten pretty boring. Spurs/OKC is tied but it's been 4 boring blowouts.

Speaking of, talk about a momentum swing. I can't believe Ibaka came back so fast, it's shady as fuck. Spurs look pretty shaky all of a sudden but as long as they hold home court they'll be fine (obviously).

Still, the ghosts of 2012 must be spooking them right now.
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Holy shit are the Cats getting absolutely raped
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Even with Ibaka's return throwing a wrench in my predictions I'm 5 for 5 in the Spurs/OKC series.

It's been a weird series. Not one good game yet. Closest was game 3.

I still think Spurs close it out next game. Their problem was Ibaka not playing at OKC. It seems they've at least been able to jump that mind hurdle.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Holy mother of Bob... this is so wrong. How can that franchise be worth 2 fucking BILLION??!? And why is that prick getting rewarded for his atrocious behavior?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... $2-Billion

Also, I was hoping this would screw up the Clippers for at least a year so that the Warriors could take the top spot in the Pacific division. Damn.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It isn't worth 2 billion. If the Clips are worth that then the Lakers are worth 10 easy.

The thing is the exact right money guy who knew he had to outspend other money people came along. That dude's worth 20 (!) so it is like buying dinner for some friends for someone like me. As long as it's not too many friends and we are hitting up that dollar menu, in my case.
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

In the least surprising thing ever, Miami is in the Finals again. The East is fucking weak. I got 4 out of the 6 games right and the end result right on.

If it's OKC they get their 3- peat if it's the Spurs their reign ends.
Hey! Denty!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Zzzzzz. Seriously the season just needs to end. Hella boring, not much competition. Spurs heat sounds enticing, but we all know what the outcome is going to be.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

IF they can get past OKC Spurs will beat Miami.

If OKC wins Miami gets their 3-peat.
Hey! Denty!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Stop fucking bitching and appreciate history being made. Only three teams in the history of the NBA have made it to four finals in a row. Time for even the most ardent LeBron haters to give him some props.
The most intelligent person on this forum
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Riley and Wade deserve props. Fuck that punk, he gets no respect from me. If he would have stayed loyal and lead Cleveland to titles, he could have been regarded as the "greatest". The way he dissed his town, and the whole "decision" bullshit completely eliminated any chance of him ever being considered the "greatest".
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

And the Spurs close OKC in the first good game of the series. OKC desperately needs a bench their big guns were gassed. I went 6 for 6 in predicting this series.

And did anyone hear Duncan say "we'll do it this time" when talking about Miami?

In Duncan terms that's the equivalent of Ron Artest setting an orphanage on fire or something.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

If Tony Parker is seriously hurt (ankle in the first half), and if he misses more than a game or two, I still give the Heat better odds. But if this was just a minor injury, I really doubt the Spurs let it slip away again. They look damn good. I think this Finals will be very interesting either way.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Kittaan wrote:If Tony Parker is seriously hurt (ankle in the first half), and if he misses more than a game or two, I still give the Heat better odds. But if this was just a minor injury, I really doubt the Spurs let it slip away again. They look damn good. I think this Finals will be very interesting either way.
Tony Parker is always hurt. I think he might be the most underrated player in the NBA today. his numbers have always been comparable to Chris Paul's yet he get's maybe half the respect. maybe he should start wearing gold sneakers and doing horrible car insurance commercials to catch up to CP3's popularity.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

GWS is leading Hawthorn?

WAT
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
Kittaan wrote:If Tony Parker is seriously hurt (ankle in the first half), and if he misses more than a game or two, I still give the Heat better odds. But if this was just a minor injury, I really doubt the Spurs let it slip away again. They look damn good. I think this Finals will be very interesting either way.
Tony Parker is always hurt. I think he might be the most underrated player in the NBA today. his numbers have always been comparable to Chris Paul's yet he get's maybe half the respect. maybe he should start wearing gold sneakers and doing horrible car insurance commercials to catch up to CP3's popularity.
Paul's never even been out of the second (!) round. Boggles my mind why some already think of him as an "all time great". Not even close in my book.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Sports Thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

BlackHole83 wrote:Riley and Wade deserve props. Fuck that punk, he gets no respect from me. If he would have stayed loyal and lead Cleveland to titles, he could have been regarded as the "greatest". The way he dissed his town, and the whole "decision" bullshit completely eliminated any chance of him ever being considered the "greatest".
A basketball player left a team... Big deal. Get over it. And the Decision thing. You can't tell me that ESPN didn't have a huge hand in making that happen. It was for ratings and money, that was all ESPN and the nba. Not to mention all the money made from it lebron donated to charity. So hate him on that one. I don't fault him one bit for leaving. Take basketball outta the equation: Cleveland or Miami... Ummm Miami please. Of course he was gunna leave. He stay and did his best, Gilbert surrounded him with shit players, that's not his fault. Anderson verajou??? Come on. He stayed for 7 or 8 years or whatever, they wouldn't give him any players. I would have left to. And fuck the stupid "he shit on his own city!!" He's a fucking athlete... He plays a game for a living. He's not a politician. Stop getting butt hurt over it. Lebron left and has been absolutely dominant since.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

xZ1mM3r wrote:And the Decision thing. You can't tell me that ESPN didn't have a huge hand in making that happen. It was for ratings and money, that was all ESPN and the nba.
Yeah...and Lebron....he signed off on it so he's the one who takes the shit. It is, after all, all about him.
I'd be willing to bet a nickle what monies if/went to any charity, never went to his name/account first.
Cute.
xZ1mM3r wrote:take basketball outta the equation: Cleveland or Miami
Why just two cities? This team couldn't afford him, that team didn't need him, blah blah blah. If basketball is out of the equation, then there are better places to live in the NBA than Cleveland or Miami.

Unless, of course, you have no class; then either one would do I suppose.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

You have given me 0 props for getting the SA/OKC series exactly right.

Ive got hurt feelings
I've got hurt feelings
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Piggy - My bad, you do deserve props.

Props given.

And you've already shit all over my Spurs / Heat predictions (rightly so). You can have props for that in advance.

All better?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

wow the Kings won that game? I'm surprised after seeing how crazy that 1st period was. I keep hearing how big they are. yawn. let's see how they fair after chasing Hagelin, Marty and Kreider around for a few periods. Rangers in 7.