FIFA World Cup, 2014 Thread . . .

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Re: FIFA World Cup, 2014 Thread . . .

Post by ilikecheese »

Great.
Our coach is stupid, we got no players....our pets heads are falling off.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

FIFA World Cup, 2014 Thread . . .

Post by Kittaan »

Taking my boy to see Team USA exhibition game against Azerbaijan @ Candlestick in SF tomorrow. Got Craigslist tickets, midfield at face. You going Bonebroke? Looking forward to seeing them in action.

I just finished what is likely my last season of coaching my son in soccer. He deserves a real coach who can help him advance as a player. We went to a "World Cup" tournament this weekend with his Spring Select team and got our asses handed to us. Our best game was a tie in which my son made the only goal.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:Taking my boy to see Team USA exhibition game against Azerbaijan @ Candlestick in SF tomorrow. Got Craigslist tickets, midfield at face. You going Bonebroke? Looking forward to seeing them in action.

I just finished what is likely my last season of coaching my son in soccer. He deserves a real coach who can help him advance as a player. We went to a "World Cup" tournament this weekend with his Spring Select team and got our asses handed to us. Our best game was a tie in which my son made the only goal.
I would so go to soccer games.

Of course I'd go to a shit load of hockey games too if given the opportunity/proximity etc. . .

Have fun

and drugs...have drugs, but not too much
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

ilikecheese wrote:have drugs, but not too much
Oh come on, you know there's no such thing as too much drugs.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Maradona doesn't agree.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

markuspoop wrote:About the 23 best players and Bruce Arena's comments saying, "If there are 23 players better than Landon Donovan then the USA has a chance to win the World Cup."

I get Bruce sticking up for his boy and all but it's not about 23 players being better than Landon. It's about the handful of players who play the same position(s) as Landon being better.

3 goalies and 8 defensemen is already 11 guys who were gonna be on regardless. You throw in defensive-minded midfielders and guys like Altidore, Dempsey, Bradley, and Wondolowski (who I think definitely earned a spot on the team) and you're up to 17-18ish players.

So, it's really about Landon being better than those last 6 or so guys that made the roster. Not all 23, Bruce.
18 piles of horseshit. Landon was brought to camp as a forward which was never going to work. Furthermore, what Bruce was getting at is bottom line only 11 cats are going to start. Everyone else is sitting on the bench and you cannot tell me or anyone else in football in good conscious that Landon Donovan is not a threat even coming off the bench. Not to mention his leadership and all the intangibles that come with that. He is a veteran of three world cups and Klinsdick decides to bring a squad full of untested kids. Landon was and at times IS still a world class player. Chris fucking Wondolowski is not. Or how about Julian fucking Green? Great real. Watch us get demolished. Klinsman is an egotistical cunt. Fuck that piece of shit. He NEVER should have gotten that four year extension prior to the Cup starting. Dumb fucking dumb.
The most intelligent person on this forum
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The Boss wrote:Image

Maradona doesn't agree.
Let your
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

If Donovan was not in form, then I totally agree with Klinsmann. He lacked confidence in his own body thinking he is "old" at 32. Obviously if he trained and displayed the goods he would have been selected. Boo fucking hoo, he didn't so let's move on.

There are plenty of veterans on the team who have displayed leadership qualities. I think they have a great mix of experience and youth. This is definitely the BEST team USA has ever taken to the cup.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Well, I just saw the USA team in action tonight as mentioned above. While they had their moments and pulled out a 2 to Zip win, they certainly did not look like a well oiled machine as a team. Lots of rough edges and I mentioned to my son that I saw a lot of the same mistakes his team made at his tournament games last weekend. He agreed.

They do have talented individuals, no question. The real question is can they pull it together and get some team chemistry in time for it to matter. I am not so sure. They had many good looks, but made at least as many unforgivable mistakes that would surely have led to goals with better teams than Azerbaijan.
Ki77aan :twisted:
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

^ that's cool you took your son to the game, international games are always a good experience live.
I am waiting for the opportunity to take my son. I was lucky to catch a game at the '94 cup, it was fucking madness. Lovely madness.

It's a good thing there are a couple more friendlies to work out the kinks. This is to be expected. It takes time for that chemistry to build, so let's hope they can pull it out. I'm stuck at work but will watch the game when I get home.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

If you're taking your sons to soccer games you just make them wear dresses and be done with it #realtalk #nolimitnigga
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Top contenders Brazil & Spain
Other good chances Germany, Italy, Uruguay.
Main Outsiders: Portugal, Argentina, France
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Spain will not win this year. I hope Belgium wins, they have such a strong team this year
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

BlackHole83 wrote:If Donovan was not in form, then I totally agree with Klinsmann. He lacked confidence in his own body thinking he is "old" at 32. Obviously if he trained and displayed the goods he would have been selected. Boo fucking hoo, he didn't so let's move on.

There are plenty of veterans on the team who have displayed leadership qualities. I think they have a great mix of experience and youth. This is definitely the BEST team USA has ever taken to the cup.
Horseshit. This club is essentially an MLS all star team with a bunch of untested kids sprinkled on top. Donovan's form wasn't the issue. Klinsman is using this World Cup as preparation for Russia 2018. Fuck that bullshit. You take your best 23, you take the team that will give you the best chance to win or at least compete. This is not that team and we are going to get slaughtered and I cannot wait to watch it. Fuck Klinsman. Overrated cunt.
The most intelligent person on this forum
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

M0G wrote:
BlackHole83 wrote:If Donovan was not in form, then I totally agree with Klinsmann. He lacked confidence in his own body thinking he is "old" at 32. Obviously if he trained and displayed the goods he would have been selected. Boo fucking hoo, he didn't so let's move on.

Horseshit. This club is essentially an MLS all star team with a bunch of untested kids sprinkled on top. Donovan's form wasn't the issue. Klinsman is using this World Cup as preparation for Russia 2018. Fuck that bullshit. You take your best 23, you take the team that will give you the best chance to win or at least compete. This is not that team and we are going to get slaughtered and I cannot wait to watch it. Fuck Klinsman. Overrated cunt.
Overrated can only be given to someone who has not produced as expected, and in Klinsmann case it remains to be seen. Will the US win the World Cup? Probably fuckin not but they definitely have the most strongest/experienced team they have ever taken. More than half the players play outside of the MLS, so it's hardly an MLS all star team. There is a good blend of vets and young. Every team needs youth, and every youth needs experience to lead the charge in the future. Have some hope man. Donovan had his time, and it's time to move on from that.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Not to mention guys who've returned to MLS like Dempsey, Bradley, etc. have had success overseas. These aren't guys who are barely making it in the MLS and borderline on being USL players.
I like to poop naked.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I'm so glad that this has turned into a discussion solely about the American team.

I only have myself to blame, really.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Americans love sports man. Let's talk about the Aussies. Wait we already did that..

Now let's get with the real talk and who is actually going to win this thing. Of course Brazil is always the top contender, even more this time around with the entire country behind them. I think Neymar still has some growing when it comes to a complete player but they have talented tactful players in each position.

Spain is another favorite obviously. But I don't see them repeating. Players have aged but I think they will push through to the semis.
It's difficult to repeat, the hunger is just not there the next time around. With that said they are still the holders, and until they are dethroned they are the best.

Ze Germans and Italians always play tough ball. You can never count them out.

England will do what they always do, high expectations and failing to reach those expectations.

There is always an African team that pushes every team to play its best game, most likely Ghana once again, I love the heart those guys display.

Maybe the Dutch will finally get theirs, I've always been a fan of Robben, he is such a talented play maker with some of the best foot skills on the planet (top 3 IMO).

And of course any and all South American/Central American teams who are always a threat. I grew up playing that style of football and it's such a joy to watch when done properly. The best player in the world IMO is Messi. This is his chance to stamp his name among the greats, IF and only if he can lead Argentina all the way.

Any team can win this thing. That's just the nature of sports.i would love to see an underdog take this whole fucking thing. At the end of the day it will be a good fuckin month. 12am/3am/6am start times will be shitty, gotta hack it though, it's just one month.

Who will be the winner? We shall see :)
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

It's going to be France.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I'm looking for a fight.

Who wants to claim that Adam Taggart isn't the future of football for Australia?

Anyone?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:It's going to be France.
No Zidane equals no chance.

That said, they'll make the Round of 16 easily.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Who?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:Who?
Stop.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Who?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

BlackHole83 wrote:
Who?
(Where's the quick reply function gone?)

Taggart just got named in Australia's final squad.

Fuck I was right.

Him and Cahill: Household names.

Trust me. I haven't fucked up yet with regard to this subject.