NBA

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Re: NBA

Post by BlackHole83 »

I wouldn't put it pass LBJ to carry them to The finals, but it seems the Warriors have been destined all year long. The title returns to Cali, I'll be happy :)
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I am certainly hoping to see the W's take it all. But it's dangerous for the team to look that far ahead, so I assume they are just working on it one game at a time.

Gotta say, I was hoping to see the Spurs knock the Clips out of the 1st round. Would have been sweet, but this way, we're just about guaranteed to see Houston for the WCF. if we get past both the Grizzlies and Houston, which I know we can, I agree that Chicago is the likely opponent.

Great post season this year. Enjoying all the games I've seen so far.

Curry = MVP.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Anybody watching Hawks/Wiz game 6? Holy Shit, what a shot at the buzzer. Pierce again. Going to OT?

Nope.... they reversed the call... Hawks move on. Too bad.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Naattik wrote:Anybody watching Hawks/Wiz game 6? Holy Shit, what a shot at the buzzer. Pierce again. Going to OT?

Nope.... they reversed the call... Hawks move on. Too bad.
you're really watching the NBA playoffs when the NHL playoffs are on? you're doing it wrong...

this was so fucking incredible...listen to the Garden!!!!!

http://streamable.com/43xk
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

watch this Kitty, I went FUCKING nuts when they scored.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

But.... it's Hockney. Why would anyone watch that if they weren't at gunpoint?

But then again... Knicks. I get it. On the plus side, it will get better. It has to. 8`)

Warriors advance. yay. Will we steamroller the Clips or Rockets next? Either way.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

we watch it because it's a team sport, maybe the only pure one left. when Dominic Moore scored the game winning goal today he didn't hit himself in the chest or pose for the crowd and throw chalk in the air. he grabbed and hugged his line mates. another great game, more heart attack hockney brought to you by the NY Rangers.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Fuck yeah. WCF, let's go Dubs!!!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

and with the fourth pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, the New York Knicks select....Emmanuel Mudiay...PG from China. Mudiay All-Day.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

we haven't had a legit PG since Mark Jackson came and went over night. I'm actually excited for once.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ya got screwed a bit there. Knickerboogers should have gotten a much higher pick. Luckily, this draft is deep enough that you'll get quality. Mudiay is likely available at 4 and a pretty good choice.

That's if you actually use the pick: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... -Available

Phil is going to have to work his magic to get some more quality pieces and you better hope Carmelo comes back from knee surgery at least 90% for the start of the season. It's a long road ahead, and I should know....
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Naattik wrote:Ya got screwed a bit there. Knickerboogers should have gotten a much higher pick. Luckily, this draft is deep enough that you'll get quality. Mudiay is likely available at 4 and a pretty good choice.

That's if you actually use the pick: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... -Available

Phil is going to have to work his magic to get some more quality pieces and you better hope Carmelo comes back from knee surgery at least 90% for the start of the season. It's a long road ahead, and I should know....
the L.A. Lakers seemed very interested in Melo last year before the season started sooooo I'd say have Phill call his girlfriend and see if they (Kobe) still want him there. he loves L.A. and Kobe, plus I believe his family still lives in the area. send us that 2nd pick and you get your secondary scorer for 2015/16. deal or no deal? I'd at least put it out there.

2 points being:

(1) does Kobe really want to wait around until they rebuild out there? probably not. does Okafor or Russell really give the Lakers a better chance to win NEXT year than Melo would? probably not and

(2) are the Knicks rebuilding? yes they are and with Hardaway Jr., Cleanthony Early, Langston Galloway, 45+ million to spend (being Melo is off the books) the 2nd and 4th picks in the draft will look pretty damn nice on our end.

thoughts? and think hard before you say "oh L.A. would NEVER do THAT" because everytime I've said that in the past, they have done "THAT".
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Damn the eastern conference is weak. However the more the cavs and LBJ gain confidence, the more worried the Warriors should be.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Confidence shmonfidence.

Whoever comes out of the West (GS) will crush the Cavs.
Hey! Denty!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

We'll see
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

For me, the worst case scenario in the East is coming to pass... with Korver out for the duration, and their absolute shit play in the first 2 games, put a fork in the Hawks. I still hope they can get one game, but that's likely all, and even more likely to be a sweep. Giving Kyrie even more time to heal because I have a feeling Houston will get at least one or two. And the way Lebron is rolling, they didn't even need Kyrie to steamroller right over the Hawks.

Last few seconds on Thursday night nearly gave me a heart attack. They've got to get and protect a lead, because you can't count on Harden choking again at the end. He's is the definition of Clutch.

It won't be an easy road, but I still think W's take it all.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

bold statement about the W's, Cleveland still has the best basketball player in the world. never safe to bet against him or his hairline.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:bold statement about the W's, Cleveland still has the best basketball player in the world. never safe to bet against him or his hairline.
Naattik wrote:They've got to get and protect a lead
Warriors surgically dissected the Rockets tonight. I like our chances.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Lebron's lost in the Finals 3 times. How is it not safe to bet against him?

And this isn't a "he's a choker" (or whatever) comment. He's lost 3 times because the other team has been better 3 times. Something that will clearly be the case when they go up against GS.
Hey! Denty!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

If Steph continues to dazzle and blow away basketball fans the way he has, It's a no brainer. But this is basketball and shit can happen at any moment and quickly shift momentum. It will be exciting to see the finish of these playoffs. BTW, the Hawks? What a waste of fucking space. The east should only be allowed 4 teams in the playoffs and let the west handle the rest.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

BlackHole83 wrote:BTW, the Hawks? What a waste of fucking space. The east should only be allowed 4 teams in the playoffs and let the west handle the rest.
Your logic is faulty here BH. If the East were allowed only 4 teams, which do you think would make it? Certainly 1 of them would be the leading team in the East.... The Hawks. Right?

The Hawks were rolling pretty damn well for long stretches. They imploded at the wrong time, and piled up injury after injury. If the mid season, full strength Hawks were playing the current Cavs, it would be a contest. Right now? Sweeeeeeeeeep.

In other news, if both teams sweep (highly likely at this point), it will a very, very long stretch until the Finals start on June 4th. That's pretty bullshit planning by the NBA. I'm sure there's all sorts of logistical, advertising, etc issues to work out, but it's not like this wasn't a possibility that they could have planned for.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:Lebron's lost in the Finals 3 times. How is it not safe to bet against him?

And this isn't a "he's a choker" (or whatever) comment. He's lost 3 times because the other team has been better 3 times. Something that will clearly be the case when they go up against GS.
While I agree with everything you're saying, I am still plenty apprehensive about matching up with the Cavs, especially if Kyrie is back to anywhere near full strength by June 4th. It will be a serious battle.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Naattik wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Lebron's lost in the Finals 3 times. How is it not safe to bet against him?

While I agree with everything you're saying, I am still plenty apprehensive about matching up with the Cavs, especially if Kyrie is back to anywhere near full strength by June 4th. It will be a serious battle.
if Irving can't go. Golden State in 6.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Warriors better be careful. Too many people have been blowing way too much smoke up their ass and it seems like maybe they started believing it.

They haven't won shit yet after all.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

No doubt, this is not a done deal.

On the other hand, Steph just had a bad night. Game 3 will be very telling.

Can't fucking believe I'll be on a plane just before Game 4 starts and won't know the outcome until the next day. That is going to be painful. I think it's likely that this goes to 7, but W's ultimately take it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Greetings from Dublin, lads n lassies.

Breathing a huge sigh of relief after last night's win. W's back home on Sunday to take it to 3/2 hopefully.