NFL

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
tys0n
Streeper

Re: NFL

Post by tys0n »

Wew what a game!!
Canned audience laughter
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

2019 Conference Championships
LA Rams at New Orleans. Go Rams!
Boston at Kansas City. Go Chiefs!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Brady wins lol
Canned audience laughter
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

I think he's been to 13 AFC Championship games in 19 pro seasons.
SB matchup: Michigan QB from San Mateo vs Cal QB from Marin (I'm moving the game to Pasadena)

Before the missed calls on the pass interference/hit to the helmet (which was a total blown call):
The New Orleans head coach called for a pass play on 1st down.
The incompletion stopped the clock, saving the Rams enough time at the end of regulation to drive down the field, kick the game tying field goal and send the NFC Championship game to OT.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

That blown pass interference call in the Saints/Rams game might be the worst blown call I have ever seen in a playoff game. It is rare that I will blame the refs for an entire game. There are usually enough missed calls on both sides to balance things out but that was beyond egregious.

I know some are crying about a few calls that went the Pats way but there were also a few iffy calls that went the Chiefs way. I am not a Pats fan but I am not jumping on the refs giving the game to the Pats bandwagon. Brady was fantastic as usual. I am not sure if the casual sports fan really understands just how good he actually is. How much better he makes everyone around him. He is basically like having an offensive coordinator on the field. And to still be doing it at this level at 41 is crazy.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Got $110 in various bets all on the Patriots to win
Canned audience laughter
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

@M: I think Sean Payton's clock mis-management with 1:57 to go in the Jan 2019 NFC Championship game is far more egregious than any blown call made by the ref's. Manage the play calling better and they win the ball game.

@T: Hope you were able to collect on your most wise bets.

9 Super Bowls in 18 seasons and 6-3 in those games. Fuckin' A !!!
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

Even the misguided Governor of Louisiana deflects attention away from Sean Payton's superior clock mismanagement skills, writing a letter to the NFL on the missed ref call: https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 33d7c.html

With 1:57 left in the game Sean Payton called three plays (pass, run, pass) that left 1:46 remaining after the Saints kicked a field goal to take the lead. They ran 11 seconds off the clock on three plays. (That's fucking up royally and it starts with passing on first down).
Their defense couldn't hold lead, allowing the Rams enough time to drive down the field, kick a field goal and send the game to OT.
The Saints won the toss, got the ball first in OT but they turned the ball over on an interception, gave up enough yards to the Rams offense for them to convert a game winning field goal and send the Rams to the SB.

Too bad 'cause after that SB it seemed like the Saints might have given NE a better game than the Rams eventually did.
And KC would have made it to the SB had their defensive lineman not lined up in the neutral zone on what would have been the game ending interception. But the refs called it without apparently giving him or the sideline a warning first.

Sean Payton's clock mismanagement is what killed the Saints chances of making this year's SB.
Sean McVay's predictable offensive game plan ruined the Rams chances against the Death Star.

Speaking of the Death Star, I hear Jupiter, Florida is really nice this time of year.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

A new season dawns, who you all liking this year? Perennial power New England? Danny Carey's hometown Chiefs? The Saints out for vengeance?

Personally, I'm liking KC this year. They look amazing on offense and they added some big names on D. If there was ever an "our year" for Kansas City, it's this year.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Seahawks year baby!
Canned audience laughter
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

tys0n wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:48 pm Seahawks year baby!

They are the team I root for, so I'm on board with this! I'm hoping there is enough there on defense (I mean we have Bobby fucking Wagner, so we should be good?). Poona Ford looked pretty solid the other night as well. I hope that the receiving corp can maintain or *crossing fingers* surpass the receivers of the last few years, but with Doug gone its anyone's guess. I'm hoping DK Metcalf is everything they are saying and more, cause he looks like a freak of nature. Chris Carson also gives me a lot of hope, and all the guys behind him are solid IMO.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

FUCK THE NINERS!
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:39 am Personally, I'm liking KC this year. They look amazing on offense and they added some big names on D. If there was ever an "our year" for Kansas City, it's this year.
Good call
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Go Manly!
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:05 pm FUCK THE NINERS!
no way! my dad was a big Niners fan so i was rooting for them. your all just liking KC cause Dannys from Kansas! wth happened in that game though? right up to till the 4th quarter they had it. football is like that though. crazy! i want one of those Niners Champion shirts that were made that get sent to third world countries being they lost. baha
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Dude I go for the Seahawks so of course I hate the niners, keep up!
Canned audience laughter
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

hellboy wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:41 pm
Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:39 am Personally, I'm liking KC this year. They look amazing on offense and they added some big names on D. If there was ever an "our year" for Kansas City, it's this year.
Good call
Most of my wife's family, including my MIL are huge Chiefs fans (especially since they are from Kansas). After many years of persisting I "come to the Dark Side" and root for the Chiefs, I relented. I didn't passively just observe, I dove in and cheered them on! I'm super happy they won, but honestly it's been nice having something to bond with my MIL over. We talk every game day, and send each other the injury reports and such. She and my wife's Grandpa have suffered with the mediocrity through the years, so I'm so happy for them!
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:47 am Dude I go for the Seahawks so of course I hate the niners, keep up!
im not a football fan really but have some memories,i cant keep up too much but ur a KC fan now. u said! ha