Exercising your demons!

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Exercising your demons!

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

at (almost) 34 years of age I am down to my high school senior year weight. gluten free, low sugar, low salt very high protein diet. mad raw veggies too, I kind of just created a diet for myself last March. it doesn't have a fancy name or anything but I lost 35 pounds in about 6 months. in the last 4-5 months I put on 10 pounds of muscle, yeah no bullshit either. no supplements or shakes, just some calisthenics and weight lifting. can't really run yet because I do smoke. I'm down to 5 black n mild's a day, no cigarettes anymore for quite some time which in itself is an accomplishment. cheat day is Sunday and all bets are off for that. pasta at mom's house, salad, bread...only one day out of 7 though. its working and I've stuck to it. and for all you ladies out there in Tool land, my ass looks amazing.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Well done NY. 35 in 6 months is impressive. I think you and I should train an meet in the octagon. All for fun of course. Middle weight division. Team FE
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

BlackHole83 wrote:Well done NY. 35 in 6 months is impressive. I think you and I should train an meet in the octagon. All for fun of course. Middle weight division. Team FE
Yeah, but he didn't tell you that his high school weight was 385! :lol: Seriously though nice work NYHC, keep up the good work. Sugar is one of the best things for people to cut out if they want to lose weight. It's hidden in everything though so it requires a bit of work if you eat prepackaged foods. What are black and milds? Are they a cigar or something?
Professor of Lesbian Science
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

A few days ago we did a weightlifting workout that totals the weight you lift. I beat my previous record by a little, which I'm happy about. I'm no big time lifter or anything and I have only been really doing any weight stuff for about 21 months. Not too concerned about lifting heavy weights most of the time, I focus in form and efficiency of movement but it's nice to check and see your progress. I weigh about 150lbs. The lifts were Deadlift(DL), Backsquat(BS) and Strict Press(SP). I beat my DL by 45lbs, my BS by 15lbs and I equaled my SP. SP is hard because of shoulder issues.

My Total = 710 lbs.
DL = 345 lbs
BS = 250 lbs.
SP = 115 lbs.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

basejumper wrote:
BlackHole83 wrote:Well done NY. 35 in 6 months is impressive. I think you and I should train an meet in the octagon. All for fun of course. Middle weight division. Team FE
Yeah, but he didn't tell you that his high school weight was 385! :lol: Seriously though nice work NYHC, keep up the good work. Sugar is one of the best things for people to cut out if they want to lose weight. It's hidden in everything though so it requires a bit of work if you eat prepackaged foods. What are black and milds? Are they a cigar or something?
yeah I'm retarded, forgot to post the actual weight, 185lbs is what I'm down to and I'm about 5'9 and a half. at one point I was 227 a few years back, no one believes me but it was true.

religiously my breakfast is a banana and a Kind Bar (fruit and nut), lunch is usually 2 steaks (usually flank from the grill at work), 2 chickens (same, off the grill plain), or 1 of each. plus a full plate of veggies, broccoli is my favorite. string beans is my second, spinach. or a combo of all three. plus the only dressing I use to dip them is black pepper with red wine vinegar. then my dinner (which is the hardest part to stick to) is more fruit and nuts (a lot of them). which is not easy to do for a dinner. strawberries, apples, peaches and raw walnuts, almonds or pecans (even though they are higher than fat than the walnuts/almonds). and when I say apples I mean like 3 of them and a red keg cup full of raw walnuts.

I miss swimming in the summer that's when I felt my best, I'm a pool whore so I always find one to jump into during the summer months.

my weight training is also pretty unorthodox, I will add free weights to the same workouts for weeks then dramatically reduce the weight and increase my reps to throw my body off. I also will (on a rare occasion) work on the same parts of my body two days in a row, another thing people frown on. but what the fuck do they know, whatever can confuse your muscles right? I say go for it. shoveling this god damn snow the past 48 hours really did me justice, I'm sore as fuck but if you do it right it's quite a fat burning/back strengthener.

everyone tells me how I'm doing it wrong with a big lunch instead of a big dinner but it works for me. as long as I can full retard on Sunday's I'm okay with it.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

2 steaks and 2 chickens sounds like quite a large lunch. Do you often wedge a hot dog in between them?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:2 steaks and 2 chickens sounds like quite a large lunch. Do you often wedge a hot dog in between them?
only when your sister is around.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Did another 5K a few weekends ago. Finished in 20:57 (beating my personal best from last month by 8 seconds).

Good for 15th overall and 2nd in my age group.
I like to poop naked.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

markuspoop wrote:Did another 5K a few weekends ago. Finished in 20:57 (beating my personal best from last month by 8 seconds).

impressive. does your wifey run too? I know you guys hike/camp together.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
markuspoop wrote:Did another 5K a few weekends ago. Finished in 20:57 (beating my personal best from last month by 8 seconds).

impressive. does your wifey run too? I know you guys hike/camp together.
Nah she doesn't like to exercise like I do. I practically get a hard-on from going to the gym.

She definitely likes more going hiking and going on long-dog walks and outdoor running (not that I don't love me some outdoor running) and all that kinda of "natural" exercise as opposed to working out like I do.
I like to poop naked.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

I rowed a 5k in 20:39... no way I could run it that fast. I could do a 7min mile though :D
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

-
Got my body fat measured yesterday... 8.4% 8-)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Still getting over a chest infection, so fallen off the wagon a bit of late. All things going well I'll be back into the training regime later this week.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

This week finally started really running again after spraining my MCL 3+ weeks ago. Stamina and pace still need a little work to get back where I was before but it shouldn't take too long.
I like to poop naked.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Cutting out lots of carbs for a while now. No sandwiches but I'm not giving up alcohol.

The health versus fun conundrum is becoming more problematic as I age. I have decided there is some portion of longevity to be sacrificed upon the altar of living. The choices become more complex and difficult.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Heading into town on my day off to watch some of my colleagues absail down Adelaides tallest building. You should come and check out the spectacle HB.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

liz wrote:Heading into town on my day off to watch some of my colleagues absail down Adelaides tallest building.
That's rapellant Liz!
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote:Heading into town on my day off to watch some of my colleagues absail down Adelaides tallest building. You should come and check out the spectacle HB.
I was very tempted to take part myself, however learned about it a little to late to raise the required $600 (it's a charity fund-raiser for one of the cancer groups from memory). Maybe next time!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Naattik wrote:
liz wrote:Heading into town on my day off to watch some of my colleagues absail down Adelaides tallest building.
That's rapellant Liz!
please don't contribute to rape culture.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
Naattik wrote:
That's rapellant Liz!
please don't contribute to rape culture.
Touché. (Not Tush-A)
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote:
liz wrote:Heading into town on my day off to watch some of my colleagues absail down Adelaides tallest building. You should come and check out the spectacle HB.
I was very tempted to take part myself, however learned about it a little to late to raise the required $600 (it's a charity fund-raiser for one of the cancer groups from memory). Maybe next time!
I have been telling a couple of my work mates for years, to step over the edge of a tall building. I was gratified to find some listened.

I was offered the opportunity through work, I did seriously consider it but figured that as much as I would have enjoyed the going down part, that first step would have been horrid (and indeed that was the feedback I got).

Kittaan I will thank you to keep your smutty innuendos out of my work place. I know what you said was harassment because I did a half hour tutorial on it just last month. I passed second go!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

liz wrote: I passed second go!
Well done. I'm on my 4th pass (and counting) I could have passed it easily the 1st time, but the chick administering the training is smoking hot.

By the way, for any of you foolish people who actually care... I had to look up "Absail" which is actually "Abseil" to find that you were talking about what normal folks refer to as "Rappelling".
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Normal American folks may call it rappelling, but here in Oz it's strictly abseiling.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote:Normal American folks may call it rappelling, but here in Oz it's strictly abseiling.
Face first rappelling (Aussie Rappel), also called rap jumping.
Aussie Rappel
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

basejumper wrote:
hellboy wrote:Normal American folks may call it rappelling, but here in Oz it's strictly abseiling.
Face first rappelling (Aussie Rappel), also called rap jumping.
Aussie Rappel
Not by Australians it isn't. We call that particular form of abseiling Geneva apparently.

The origins of the word abseil are German, meaning quite literally down rope.

Rappel is of French origin meaning to recall or bring back.

Rappel could just as easily describe a dancing manoeuvre!