Things You've Made v2

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Things You've Made v2

Post by not tyson »

liz wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Surplus means the government taxed us too much, we need a balanced budget with a serviceable debt, just as people use credit cards and have a mortgage.
A surplus means that you can start paying down the national debt or even, heaven forbid, invest in more infrastructure and hence job creation.

Credit cards with a mortgage are only a good idea if you can pay them off in the interest free period otherwise they are just expensive emergency money.
:lol:
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Not Tyson wrote:
liz wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Surplus means the government taxed us too much, we need a balanced budget with a serviceable debt, just as people use credit cards and have a mortgage.
A surplus means that you can start paying down the national debt or even, heaven forbid, invest in more infrastructure and hence job creation.

Credit cards with a mortgage are only a good idea if you can pay them off in the interest free period otherwise they are just expensive emergency money.
:lol:
Yes Tyson. When a surplus is produced there are a range of options, reducing debt being one of them. That is not to say that a deficit budget doesn't meet loan repayments even whilst a debt may be increased. Are we having a light bulb moment yet?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I'm making a point Pete. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

petemasterpete wrote:Album art for a new release

Nice.
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

liz wrote: Yes Tyson. When a surplus is produced there are a range of options, reducing debt being one of them. That is not to say that a deficit budget doesn't meet loan repayments even whilst a debt may be increased. Are we having a light bulb moment yet?
If you've got gross debt there can't be a surplus.

Simples.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Kittaan wrote:

Nice.
I think Pete has been channelling X Men.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

liz wrote:
Kittaan wrote:

Nice.
I think Pete has been channelling X Men.
thanx peoples ... no channeling on any conscious level ... haven't paid attention to X Men (or comics in general) in ages ... really just a quicky I did for the sketchbook project last year, cleaned up and simplified a bit ... dude said he liked it and wanted to use it, I suggested some mods (rather than what was essentially a sharpie on paper) ... as an after thought, it turned out to sort of fit his 'prog' aesthetic solely based on it's 'dark side' throwback appearance
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

My other half, Collectivejudas29, made this for me for Mother's Day a few years ago. It lead to other creations which were given to friends at the APC 2011 shows and the Atlanta 2012 TooL show.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

^I'm still waiting
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not to knock the wind out of Collectivejudas29's sails, but those glasses are pretty easy to make at home. By easy, I mean the materials to do so are easy to come by - the actual application of those materials may or may not be easy depending on your skill levels.

Glass etching is done with a paste, which you apply to the glass using a form of stencil.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:Not to knock the wind out of Collectivejudas29's sails, but those glasses are pretty easy to make at home. By easy, I mean the materials to do so are easy to come by - the actual application of those materials may or may not be easy depending on your skill levels.

Glass etching is done with a paste, which you apply to the glass using a form of stencil.
Or pick one of the many websites that let you upload an image, choose your glass type, and have anything etched onto it. Then shipped to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:Not to knock the wind out of Collectivejudas29's sails, but those glasses are pretty easy to make at home. By easy, I mean the materials to do so are easy to come by - the actual application of those materials may or may not be easy depending on your skill levels.

Or pick one of the many websites that let you upload an image, choose your glass type, and have anything etched onto it. Then shipped to you.
It's much cheaper and fulfilling to do it yourself though.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:

It's much cheaper and fulfilling to do it yourself though.
Agreed on fulfilling. But I paid 10$ and had a highball glass engraved an shipped to my house. Not sure you could do it yourself for much cheaper than that if you take into account how much your own time is worth.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Not sure you could do it yourself for much cheaper than that if you take into account how much your own time is worth.
Rarely is anything cheaper if you're going to take that into account.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Wow, you guys are way too fucking cynical these days. You are correct. It is done with a paste and fairly easy if you have arts and crafts skills. I never said it was difficult or had any wind in our sails. We enjoyed making them and giving them as gifts to friends who, I might add, were quite thrilled to receive. I was simply sharing what we had made because I thought that was the purpose of this thread.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Wow, you guys are way too fucking cynical these days. You are correct. It is done with a paste and fairly easy if you have arts and crafts skills. I never said it was difficult or had any wind in our sails. We enjoyed making them and giving them as gifts to friends who, I might add, were quite thrilled to receive. I was simply sharing what we had made because I thought that was the purpose of this thread.
Yeah, what the actual fuck. Way to rain on her parade.

I thought they were bangin'.

I love homemade stuff like that - a buddy of mine made our group of friends the flat bottle openers they use in bars with a custom etched TOOL logo on it.

Easy to make, sure, but the fact remains: He made it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

As I outlined in my post, I was not attempting to rain on anyone's parade. I was in fact encouraging people to do it themselves by outlining how easy it was.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Off-topic posts removed....
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

thanx for saving this one
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

The beatings will continue until moral improves.
One of my favorite lines.

This caused me to make an Actual LOL (ALOL), thus keeping me on topic. No beatings please.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Kittaan wrote:Actual LOL (ALOL)
Uh uh. No. This one doesn't even make any sense. I vehemently object!
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Actual LOL (ALOL)
Uh uh. No. This one doesn't even make any sense. I vehemently object!
In my defense, I am an old man and really shouldn't be using any of these Young Whippersnapper Doohickeys anyway.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan wrote:
The beatings will continue until moral improves.
One of my favorite lines.

This caused me to make an Actual LOL (ALOL), thus keeping me on topic. No beatings please.
I would argue that album is their best.

I'm a huge fan, so I know my KMFDM - but that album is nearly flawless.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ducks

“Knock knock!”

“Nope.”

“Oh, come on.”

“No.”

An hour earlier, I had fallen afoul of the most ridiculous pun that I had hoped to not hear for at least another two and a half months.

“Knock knock!”

“Do you not have something to do?”

She had made a gown from the curtain. It was horrifically beautiful.

There was nowhere for me to move, so I chose an inch.

Not sure whether or not to extend this, or leave it as is. It's definitely going to be a part of a bigger thing that I'm working on.