Where are you going/Where have you been? Travel advice, info, questions, etc.

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Thought I would revive this old thread....

Professor of Lesbian Science
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

I'll be going to Turkey in a few weeks, does anyone have suggestions on things to see or do in or around Istanbul?

Thanks

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Nope, sorry dude - but have fun.

Anyone been to Laos?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

basejumper said
I'll be going to Turkey in a few weeks, does anyone have suggestions on things to see or do in or around Istanbul?

Thanks

haven't been myself, but have some friends that were there a year or two ago and they had some awesome pics from The Basillica Cistern.

one of the image quotes from them: "Inside the Basillica Cistern-a cool underground water storage cavern. It's hundreds of years old, but they only recently re-discovered it. The pillars appear to all be "re-used" from other buildings. They had really cool lighting and you walk on boardwalks over the water. Basically, it was the reason I wanted to go to Instanbul (I had seen it on tv) and it did not disappoint!"
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Crow said:

Anyone been to Laos?

Yes, but it was just barely. Last year while in Thailand (Golden Triangle) we took a boat across the Mekong to a small market in Laos. Probably doesn't help ya too much....
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

petemasterpete said

basejumper said

Thanks

haven't been myself, but have some friends that were there a year or two ago and they had some awesome pics from The Basillica Cistern.

one of the image quotes from them: "Inside the Basillica Cistern-a cool underground water storage cavern. It's hundreds of years old, but they only recently re-discovered it. The pillars appear to all be "re-used" from other buildings. They had really cool lighting and you walk on boardwalks over the water. Basically, it was the reason I wanted to go to Instanbul (I had seen it on tv) and it did not disappoint!"

Cool, thanks for that. I briefly saw something about them a few days ago. I'll go and revisit it and get more info.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

basejumper said

petemasterpete said

basejumper said

Thanks

Cool, thanks for that. I briefly saw something about them a few days ago. I'll go and revisit it and get more info.

found one of their pics:

well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
trustinmeandfall
My pain is just an excuse

Post by trustinmeandfall »

Thinking of going to Seattle to smoke pot legally for a weekend, but hard to get a sense of whether one can actually go there, buy pot from a store and smoke it somewhere? Any seattle residents here know if this is the case?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^I was in Denver for a week last week and I was thinking the same thing.  I happened to find out that a friend of mine from my hometown lives there now and I asked him what the deal was.  He said "I'll call you back in a minute" and never did.  Weird.

Speaking of Denver, the city itself is just like any other big city I've been too.

The geography, however, was freaking beautiful.  It was pretty cool to see the Rocky Mountains after growing up my whole life learning about them in classrooms and books.

And I got to go into Red Rocks ampitheatre (it's open when there's no bands etc. using it).  That place is ridiculously awesome.  I know now why it would be so much fun to see a band play there.  I HIGHLY recommend going there even if there's no band playing should you ever find yourself in Denver.
Hey! Denty!
trustinmeandfall

That is weird, so maybe it's not as freely available as I had hoped!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

trustinmeandfall said
That is weird, so maybe it's not as freely available as I had hoped!

I saw plenty of stores, but they all had "medicinal marijuana" on their signs somewhere, so my friends and I were wary of going in there only to look like jackasses. 

However, online I found nothing that would make me think that another state's resident could not purchase it.  I would've tried walking into one of those stores and buying it if it wasn't for my friend insinuating there was some info I needed first.

Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Ravenpig said 
And I got to go into Red Rocks ampitheatre (it's open when there's no bands etc. using it).  That place is ridiculously awesome.  I know now why it would be so much fun to see a band play there.  I HIGHLY recommend going there even if there's no band playing should you ever find yourself in Denver.

Red Rocks is FUCKING AMAZING, got to see APC there a couple years ago.  NIN was there in '06 and '08, and Tool was there in 2010- wanna kick myself for not going sooner.  Also from my one experience there it sounded great.  Easily the best and most memorable venue I've been to.  Like you said even if you're just in the are check it out since the ampitheatre is in a park.

<----- typing this from the ATL airport.  :/
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
trustinmeandfall

Thanks for the info, will check it out next year then!

Got to go to New Zealand for this last tour and would definitely go back. Not only is there loads to see and do but the people there are ridiculously nice
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

George Bluth said
denver is awesome. i love the pacific northwest. the WA weed thing doesnt go into effect until next year i think. i have  a close friend that has good sized/professional grow houses and is line with all laws(and he won a medical cannabis cup last july). wait till mid 2014 and do NOT drive if you smoke.      

the west coast and gulf coast of the US are my favorite parts of this country and ive been all over this country.     also central america/caribbean is beautiful.      the great lakes should be seen but wait till summer.   oh LAKE TAHOE. go there and swim before you die. its sooooooooooo beautiful. eastern washington and oregon in the summer is my absolute favorite. i live on the gulf coast and dont ever plan on moving away.  

VENUES: Red Rocks is really cool but nothing and i mean nothing compares to seeing a show at the Gorge Amp. in Washington. when you crest over the hill at the Gorge for the first time it takes your breath away.

id love to visit Australia and New Zealand + SE asia before i die but ive got some time on that. 

As a Westerner, you'd get much more out of SEA than Oz/NZ. If I were you, I'd touch down in Vietnam or Hong Kong, then go by land from there to Bangkok.

If you're cashed-up, it might even be worth it to land in Tokyo, then meander down the globe.

I, personally, will always avoid Indonesia. Bunch of up-tight Muslim nutjobs, as well as drunk Aussies treating the entire collection of islands like a toilet. No thanks.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

trustinmeandfall said
Thanks for the info, will check it out next year then!

Got to go to New Zealand for this last tour and would definitely go back. Not only is there loads to see and do but the people there are ridiculously nice

I think NZ is the lamest fucking place on the planet - in a really good way. It's as close to normal and sensible as you're going to get. The people are unbelievably nice and warm.

Everyone constantly walks around like they're stoned. Maybe they are.

Chill, chill, chill. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up living there next year.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I'm thinking about doing a month in Vietnam to do a TESOL course. A little late at this stage, but hey - it's just another qualification to pad out the ol' resume.

My girlfriend actually wants to come back here next year, but in Seoul. I've already bought the whips, handcuffs, and sharp objects - I'm now just waiting on the blowtorch. I can't believe she's actually suggested it. She seems pretty adamant, too.

But, who knows at this point. She could be right. And I'll follow her anywhere.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I'm confused. Who is who?
SteveBobSteve
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Re: Where are you going/Where have you been? Travel advice,

Post by markuspoop »

Alright cock-bandits, San Francisco. Places to go? Things to do?

Already planning trips to:

Muir Woods
O's/Giants games
Half Moon Bay/Mavericks
Brewery Tours
I like to poop naked.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

poopyface wrote:Alright cock-bandits, San Francisco. Places to go? Things to do?

Muir Woods
O's/Giants games
Half Moon Bay/Mavericks
Brewery Tours

I think Kittanawanda is the only cock-bandit around here.
Don't mow your lawn
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

poopyface wrote:Alright cock-bandits, San Francisco. Places to go? Things to do?

Muir Woods
O's/Giants games
Half Moon Bay/Mavericks
Brewery Tours
Which breweries?
SteveBobSteve
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I made a reservation to tour Anchor and there's a handful of others we're thinking about trying to go to.

We're also gonna try to go to the Humphry Slocombe ice cream place. Supposedly have some bomb treats there.
I like to poop naked.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

There's a cool bridge near there.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah be sure to visit the cool bridge. You should just take a whole day and really soak in that cool bridge. Really experience it.
Last edited by UndKeineZwEier on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mow your lawn