Australian politics thread

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Australian politics thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Over 60, eh?

And it's his job?

Color me not impressed.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I can think of worse ways for tax payer money to be spent.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

They could be giving it to me. I'd certainly take it.

"We're spending $200,000 on UndKeineZwEier! I don't even know what that is!"

"Oh, he's just some fella over in the States."

"And so why are we spending $200,000 on him?"

"We have nothing else to do with it."

"Why are we giving it to him specifically?"

"Dunno. It's been a part of the budget longer than I've been here."

"Well then, who would know?"

"I don't know. You should try asking Carl, he's been here longer than any of us."

"Carl's off on a fishing trip."

"When does he get back?"

"Not 'till next week."

"We can call him."

"I wouldn't reccomend it. Carl gets awfully sore when people disturb him on his fishing trips."

"So I'm just supposed to wait until next week to sort this out?"

"Aye, that seems your only option."

"God damn it."
Don't mow your lawn
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I'm not a fan of local government. They have a tendency to overstep.

The hypocrisy of their method of illegal brothel discovery is breathtaking.

Local councils should pick up the rubbish and pave the footpaths, not aim to close down services.

Oh and I'm just as pleased if Crow never mentions to anyone he is an Aussie.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

liz wrote:

Local councils should pick up the rubbish and pave the footpaths, not aim to close down services.

You do realise we have legal brothels here in civilsed NSW and these unlicensed brothels usually hold sex trafficked women?

Yeah overstepping indeed :roll:

Also how is it hypocritical?
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

not tyson wrote:
liz wrote:

You do realise we have legal brothels here in civilsed NSW and these unlicensed brothels usually hold sex trafficked women?

Yeah overstepping indeed :roll:

Also how is it hypocritical?
No I didn't actually. I am aware of our SA laws and here brothels are illegal. A good reason to make areas like this subject to Federal rulings and certainly not an area for local government to get involved in.

The hypocrisy is paying for a service that you seek to deny others. Fairly evident I should have thought.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

It's not hypocrisy if there are total legal ways to get a leg over.

And really, you shouldn't have said anything if you weren't aware of the NSW laws, I mean take 1 minute to google something and check your facts perhaps next time.

Sex trafficking is a horrendous crime and I applaud the local councils.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

not tyson wrote:It's not hypocrisy if there are total legal ways to get a leg over.

And really, you shouldn't have said anything if you weren't aware of the NSW laws, I mean take 1 minute to google something and check your facts perhaps next time.

As I explained quite readily to you I took it from an SA perspective.

I am sure I am not advocating sex trafficking but again I fail to see why it is a local council responsibility. It is a police matter.

The article is not claiming that he has helped combat sex trafficking at all. At most it infers that Asian women are working here illegally and the term entrapment comes to mind. Does he go and stake out the restaurant kitchens in the area too?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

liz wrote:
not tyson wrote:It's not hypocrisy if there are total legal ways to get a leg over.

As I explained quite readily to you I took it from an SA perspective.

I am sure I am not advocating sex trafficking but again I fail to see why it is a local council responsibility. It is a police matter.

The article is not claiming that he has helped combat sex trafficking at all. At most it infers that Asian women are working here illegally and the term entrapment comes to mind. Does he go and stake out the restaurant kitchens in the area too?
Arguing for arguments sake.

No thanks.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Get of your high horse. my immediate reaction, that still is after further consideration, is that it is entirely inappropriate for a council to send someone into a massage parlor to see just how far the service extends by requesting and offering to pay for it - and then going through with it!

Your justification that it was really about sex trafficking might have more legs if they had sent in undercover social workers.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

liz wrote:Get of your high horse. my immediate reaction, that still is after further consideration, is that it is entirely inappropriate for a council to send someone into a massage parlor to see just how far the service extends by requesting and offering to pay for it - and then going through with it!

Your justification that it was really about sex trafficking might have more legs if they had sent in undercover social workers.
Off my high horse, not of.

I'm sorry if you didn't get the subtle point of the article "In nearly every case, the establishments were "clean and comfortable" environments staffed almost exclusively by Asian girls who were in Australia to "study English"

That's a subtle way of saying "Come to Australia, study and learn, all expenses paid, work off debt" then they get here, their passports are removed and they are forced to work in these unlicensed brothels until their debts are paid off. They can't go running to the police because they are scared for their lives and the lives of their families back home. They aren't some adelaide suburbanite used to the spoils of a free society.

For someone apparently so fucking up to date with news, your sex worker information Australia wide is pathetic, especially for being a woman, sex trafficking is alive and well in Australia, wake up.

We need local councils to do this, I can only imagine the horrors in SA without a regulated market regardless of who it was run by.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

"Tyson how would you help a woman you suspected had been trafficked and was currently being held as a sex slave"?
"Well Liz, I would initially attempt to have sex with them in order to verify."
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I don't see the issue.
Don't mow your lawn
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Provided proper precautions are taken their should be no issue but you raise a good point.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

liz wrote:"Tyson how would you help a woman you suspected had been trafficked and was currently being held as a sex slave"?
It almost as if that's how they catch drug dealers.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

not tyson wrote:
liz wrote:"Tyson how would you help a woman you suspected had been trafficked and was currently being held as a sex slave"?
It almost as if that's how they catch drug dealers.
Yes.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

The Boss wrote:
petemasterpete wrote:Aussies rejoice as you baby step closer to becoming america's unquestioning, domestically violated house bitch ... The rate of 'progression' should be alarming ... Nevermind, it won't be long before we're all waving our Indonesian made confederate flags and spouting 'keep Australia Australian'

Edit (autocorrect fail)
I couldn't agree more. Australia is, by far, the worst country in the West. It's a constant two steps forward, three steps back with that fucking country.

What's funny is that Australians are too dumb to realise what the fuck is actually happening to their country. There's a reason why it's such a fucking joke in everyone else's eyes.

I'm constantly embarrassed admitting I'm Australian whenever I meet someone from or in anywhere in the world. It's disgraceful.
I wouldn't be embarrassed, Bossman ... nationality is pure chance ... you could just have easily been a starving African girl with flies crawling on your eyeballs.

My gripe, and agreement, essentially lies in your statement regarding realising what's happening. Having been here more than 6 years now, I'm fairly well versed in the policies of this country now. It amazes me the shit Aussie's hang on America without realising how similar the policies, practices and directions of the county's aims really are.

Post-9/11 America in the making: Tony Abbott in Arnhem Land: a display of farce and cynicism

That article gives me direct flashbacks of the flurry of pics that hit the airwaves showing a now 'war-time' Bush, hunkered down on his Texas ranch, still managing to be commander-in-chief, fighting 'evil', American flag in full view at all times.

Match the Indonesian spying, the recent 'wire tapping of Aussies' debate, a recent Melb. CBD media show of the new police (spelled military) vehicles and the terror sweeps, Oz is not far off the 'police state' style of policy the US has been working toward over the last few decades ... but shhhh, don't tell anyone.

I'm not trying to say I know what's right for an entire nation or manage it's directives, but I don't really see any public outcry in relation to these policies. Instead, I see, 'stop the boat people', they're ruining Australia ... it's media driven, blind patriotism at it's finest, and Australia is not immune.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

petemasterpete wrote: My gripe, and agreement, essentially lies in your statement regarding realising what's happening. Having been here more than 6 years now, I'm fairly well versed in the policies of this country now. It amazes me the shit Aussie's hang on America without realising how similar the policies, practices and directions of the county's aims really are.
I think you're half right. I think it is exactly those similarities that have many of us concerned.

And may I say how impressed I am that you spell properly now.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

petemasterpete wrote:My gripe, and agreement, essentially lies in your statement regarding realising what's happening. Having been here more than 6 years now, I'm fairly well versed in the policies of this country now. It amazes me the shit Aussie's hang on America without realising how similar the policies, practices and directions of the county's aims really are.
Yeah, but it's mostly the differences that we complain about for the most part.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

liz wrote:
petemasterpete wrote: My gripe, and agreement, essentially lies in your statement regarding realising what's happening. Having been here more than 6 years now, I'm fairly well versed in the policies of this country now. It amazes me the shit Aussie's hang on America without realising how similar the policies, practices and directions of the county's aims really are.
I think you're half right. I think it is exactly those similarities that have many of us concerned.

And may I say how impressed I am that you spell properly now.
fuck you, liz ... only sometimes ... I give it the best (and worst) of both at all times.

Anywho, although similar, grammar, pronunciation, spelling, etc. in Oz, America and Britain can vary pretty widely, so which is actually the 'right' one ... consider that your Labor party (not Labour) still traces its name back to American influence of the time of it's founding. Essentially, across all three, most list the spelling variations (ise v. ize, for example) only as preferred and accepted options, as opposed to definitively incorrect.

I'm not exactly a wordsmith, but suck on it anyway
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

petemasterpete wrote: Essentially, across all three, most list the spelling variations (ise v. ize, for example) only as preferred and accepted options, as opposed to definitively incorrect.
The Macquarie dictionary is the one true dictionary.

Not that a Collingwood fan can even read...
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

MY FUCKING SIDES :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Child abuse comes in all forms.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

What the fuck is a lavey?
Don't mow your lawn
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

^ looks like some kids are taught to accept asylum seekers. Levels UKe. Geesh learn to read kids handwriting